- What if my ticket is about to expire?, Go to footer note
- How does Delta’s change policy impact my current ticket and the changing of my origin or destination?, Go to footer note
- Can I request a refund if there is a significant delay, cancellation or schedule change by Delta?, Go to footer note
- What if I paid for my original trip with miles or used a Companion Certificate from eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Cards?, Go to footer note
- Where do I go to review and redeem my eCredit value?, Go to footer note
- What should I do if I need a passport or need to renew my passport?, Go to footer note
- Why is Delta making adjustments to my flight schedule?, Go to footer note
- How do I know if there are travel requirements for my trip?, Go to footer note
- Can minors and unaccompanied minors (UMNRs) travel internationally at this time?, Go to footer note
- Can minors and UMNRs travel domestically at this time?, Go to footer note
- What are the travel requirements for entry into the United States from a foreign destination?, Go to footer note
- What should I know when traveling with a partner airline?, Go to footer note
- What if I need to change or cancel my Delta Vacations reservation?, Go to footer note
- What if I need to change or cancel my hotel or rental car reservation?, Go to footer note
- What if I did not purchase my ticket via delta.com but through a third-party travel agency?, Go to footer note
- When should I call for assistance?, Go to footer note
Delta tickets normally expire one year from the date of purchase. However, for additional flexibility, all tickets expiring in 2022 and all new tickets purchased in 2022 will be able to be rebooked through December 31, 2023 for travel now through 2024. When you are ready to use your eCredit, visit delta.com/redeem or the Fly Delta app where you’ll be able to verify the existing value/expiration date information and apply the eCredit at the time of purchase.
Rest assured that we are at work updating all tickets with their extended validity later this year. As we make this update, you can continue to book tickets for travel anytime in 2022 or 2023 with your existing eCredits.
For more details about waiver eligibility and terms, visit delta.com/waivers.
Enjoy more peace of mind with no change fees when you purchase a Main Cabin or above ticket on flights originating from the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa or the Caribbean. For tickets where travel begins outside of these regions, change and cancel fees may apply depending on your origin location and type of ticket.
When changing your ticket, sometimes your new flight may cost more than your original flight. If this happens, you will need to pay the difference in price. In cases where the price of your new flight is less than the original price or if you choose to cancel your flight before departure, you will receive an eCredit for the difference between the price of your original ticket and the price of your new ticket.
As a reminder, Basic Economy tickets cannot be changed in most cases. You may cancel before departure for a cancellation charge which is deducted from the value of your ticket and the remaining value will be issued as an eCredit to use toward a future Delta ticket.
Visit My Trips or the Fly Delta app to make your changes.
In keeping with our longstanding policy, we will first attempt to rebook you on a new flight if your current flight is canceled, significantly delayed or impacted by a qualifying significant schedule change.
If we cannot find an alternate flight for you and we cancel your ticket, or you choose to cancel the new flight you have been rebooked on, you have the following options:
- Receive an eCredit for the value of the ticket, seat upgrade or Preferred Seat
- Adjust your itinerary in My Trips; or
- Request a refund to your original form of payment
The same rules apply whether a flight is booked with cash, miles or using a Companion Certificate. For award flights that qualify for a change fee waiver, we are also waiving the mile redeposit fee.
All unused Companion Certificates as of July 31, 2021, or Companion Certificates issued between August 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021, will have the expiration date extended to book and fly by January 31, 2023. To cancel your trip and use your Companion Certificate for a future booking, please visit My Trips for your quickest service option. If you cannot complete your request in My Trips, visit the Help Center for assistance.
Visit delta.com/redeem where you’ll be able to verify your eCredit value, expiration date and redeem online for future travel.
Review our how-to page for tips on managing eCredits.
Face masks are no longer required inside domestic airports, on U.S. domestic flights and on most international flights.
We recommend reviewing Delta’s mask policy, which includes more information on mask usage. Please continue to bring a mask with you for international travel, because it may be required for some destinations based on their laws and requirements.
Cleaning crews perform extensive manual cleaning procedures to wipe down cabin surfaces including seats, consoles, seatback screens, windows, doors, lavatories and other high-touch areas of the cabin.
Check out more details about Delta’s aircraft cleaning procedures.
Destinations & Travel Restrictions
If you are a U.S. citizen who has reviewed all required travel documents and determined you need to receive or renew your passport ahead of international travel, please visit the U.S. Department of State’s travel website, opens in a new window to fill out the necessary forms. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time as passport processing often takes several months and could take longer during peak travel periods. Processing is often 10 weeks for routine requests and 6 weeks for expedited service.
In addition to needing a passport for international travel, some countries have also imposed temporary health-related entry requirements. To find out more about your destination's health requirements, please use our interactive map.
We want you to arrive prepared, so please visit the Delta Discover Map to learn about potential travel requirements for a trip you are planning or have booked. The information is up-to-date and personalized based on your specific circumstances. Entry and exit requirements are imposed by governments and may change before departure, so please be sure to check back close to your intended travel dates for the latest requirements.
Also, if you book an international flight, your trip may be eligible for Delta FlyReadySM which makes managing travel requirements faster and easier by guiding you through the process.
COVID-19 testing is not required for most travelers entering or connecting through the U.S. Travelers who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are still required to complete an attestation confirming they are fully vaccinated, and contact tracing remains in place for everyone.
Partner Airlines & Travel Affiliates
Our partner airlines have introduced measures to ensure a hassle-free, seamless experience from start to finish with an increased focus on cleanliness and your safety. Visit our partners’ websites for all the latest information.
Aeromexico , opens in a new window
Air France , opens in a new window
China Eastern, opens in a new window
KLM , opens in a new window
Korean Air, opens in a new window
LATAM , opens in a new window
Virgin Atlantic , opens in a new window
WestJet, opens in a new window
If you need to change or cancel your hotel reservation, you can use your confirmation number to Find Your Booking and manage your reservation, call 1-866-204-0280 or reply to your original booking confirmation email.
Rental Car Reservations:
To make changes to your car rental reservation, you can use your confirmation number to Find Your Booking and manage your reservation or call the rental car company directly.
In general, you can use My Trips as the quickest way to resolve most ticket changes and issues. However, the following scenarios cannot currently be changed via My Trips and you will have to call for assistance:
- A form of payment used includes a combination of cash and miles or an upgrade using miles or certificates
- An adult traveling with an infant in arms
- Tickets that are sold or ticketed by another airline – generally, this means your flight number will start with something other than "DL", except for SkyMiles Award Travel operated by a Delta airline partner
If you are ready to book your new trip now, it’s easy to locate and redeem your eCredit online. If you don’t see your eCredit or have an issue booking on delta.com, please have your old ticket number ready when you call our Reservations team. Your ticket number is a 13-digit number beginning with 006. You can locate the ticket number on your emailed flight purchase receipt.