Making Travel Easier
We're giving you more control of your travel experience and simplifying each step of your journey.
We understand that your plans may change, and we are simplifying travel by eliminating change and cancel fees for tickets originating in North America to anywhere in the world (excluding Basic Economy). For any ticket purchased on or before April 30, 2021 there will be no change fees.
By permanently eliminating change fees, this means that you can book, change or cancel your travel plans for domestic and certain international travel at no charge:
- No change fees on Delta tickets for travel within the U.S., Puerto Rico and USVI
- No change fees on Delta tickets for travel originating in North America to anywhere in the world (including flights operated by joint venture and codeshare partners)
- No change fees for travel between the Caribbean and the U.S. and Mexico
- Basic Economy fares are excluded
SkyMiles Members can also now enjoy greater flexibility and peace of mind when traveling on an Award Ticket with the ability to change their plans at any time.
The following changes are effective immediately for Award Tickets for travel originating in North America to anywhere in the world, excluding Basic Economy tickets:
- Award Ticket redeposit and reissue fees have been eliminated
- Members may change or cancel Award Tickets before departure. No longer will changes and cancellations made within 72 hours of departure result in the loss of miles*, Go to footer note
It’s easy to make changes yourself in My Trips on delta.com and the Fly Delta app in just a few simple steps - saving you time and helping you stay in control of your travel plans. If your travel plans have changed, be sure to make changes prior to your departure.
For travel impacted by coronavirus, we are giving you even more flexibility to fly when you are ready. All tickets expiring in 2021 and all new tickets purchased in 2021 have been extended and will expire on December 31, 2022.
When you are ready to use your eCredit, visit delta.com/redeem or the Fly Delta app where you’ll be able to verify the existing value/expiration date information and apply the eCredit at the time of purchase.
For more information on how to locate or use your eCredit on delta.com, visit our how-to-page.