Pet Travel on Delta
Need to bring a Service Animal or an Emotional Support Animal?
See our guidelines and requirements.
CAD amount will be charged to exit Canada, while EUR amount will be charged to exit Europe. These fees are established by the contract of carriage in effect at the time of ticket issuance.
*Household birds permitted on domestic U.S. flights only excluding Hawaii, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam.
If you’re bringing a large pet, please review Shipping Your Pet.
Carry-On Pet Exceptions
For any travel to or from the following destinations — with the exception of service animals — pets must travel as cargo and are not permitted in the cabin. For travel to Hawaii, pets are not permitted to travel in the cabin and other restrictions may apply. Review pet travel restrictions based on destination or connecting flights.
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
Carry-On Pet Requirements
Know how to prepare your pet for a safe, healthy and happy flight. Make sure to meet these requirements if you’re flying with a small pet as a carry-on:
- Your pet must be small enough to fit comfortably in a kennel without touching or protruding from the sides of the kennel and with the ability to move around.
- The kennel must fit under the seat directly in front of you.
- The soft- or hard-size kennel must be leak-proof and ventilated on at least two sides.
- Maximum carry-on kennel dimensions are determined by your flight. You must contact Delta Reservations to determine the appropriate kennel size.
- Your pet must remain inside the kennel (with door secured) while in a Delta boarding area (during boarding and deplaning), a Delta airport lounge and while onboard the aircraft.
- Your pet must be at least 10 weeks old for Domestic travel.
- Your pet must be 16 weeks old if traveling to the U.S. from other countries and must be at least 15 weeks old for European Union travel.
- Pets in cabin kennels will count as your one carry-on item. In addition to the kennel, you are permitted to bring one personal item onboard the aircraft.
- One pet is permitted per kennel with the following exceptions:
- One female cat/dog may travel with her un-weaned litter if the litter is a minimum of 10 weeks old to 6 months of age.
- There is no limit on the number of animals in the litter.
- Exception: 2 pets of the same breed and size between the age of 10 weeks and 6 months may be allowed to travel in 1 kennel, providing they are small enough to fit into one kennel and are compatible. They will be charged as 1 pet.
Number of Pets Permitted Per Cabin
NUMBER OF PETS ALLOWED
Domestic First Class including Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
Domestic Business Class
Domestic Delta One
Carry-on Pets are not allowed in any cabin with flat-bed seats
International First Class
International Business Class
International Delta One
Delta Premium Select
Not Permitted at any time regardless of aircraft.
Main Cabin - Domestic and International
Restrictions may apply.
Carry on Pets are not permitted in the following:
· Bulkhead, emergency exit rows
· Seats designated as “no stowage”
· Flat-bed seats
· Rows 30-35 on the A330-200 aircraft
· Rows 30-43 on the A330 -300 aircraft
· Center seats on the B757-200 aircraft