It’s our first priority to keep you safe as you travel, even before your flight. Help us help you stay safe by reviewing the following guidelines for airport security.
If you bring carry-on baggage, find details on size requirements and packing suggestions for items like liquids, pastes and gels.
If you’re bringing a unique item or have any questions, please check items limited or banned on Delta Air Lines. Check the list before you fly.
Packing & Security Tips
Breeze through security checkpoints by following these simple tips:
- Pack light — minimal clutter will help speed up the screening process
- Leave your pocket knives, scissors or other sharp objects at home, or place them in your checked baggage if they’re not prohibited or restricted
- Pack any spare lithium batteries for cameras, cell phones or laptop computers in your carry-on baggage only; and review the Department of Transportation’s Spare Battery Tips, opens in a new window
- If you don’t have TSA PreCheck, be ready to take off your shoes, belt and remove your phone or other personal electronic device from your pocket
- If you don’t have TSA PreCheck, take your laptop out of your bag and place it in the provided container
- Have your ID and boarding pass or eBoarding Pass out and ready to show to the TSA representative; after you’ve shown it, you may stow these as you continue through security
- Review Check-In Time Requirements before you arrive at the airport
Frequent traveler security lines are available at these airports:
Chicago (ORD & MDW)
Cincinnati (Temporarily Unavailable)
Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW & DAL)
Houston (IAH & HOU)
New York (JFK & LGA)
Salt Lake City
San Juan, PR-SJU
Tokyo (NRT & HND)
Washington (IAD & DCA)
The designated frequent traveler priority security lines are offered during peak times in select cities for Diamond, Platinum, Gold Medallion Members, GOL Smiles Diamante members, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold members, Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum, Virgin Australia Velocity Gold members, SkyTeam Elite Plus members , and those customers traveling in Delta One®, Delta Premium Select or First Class. When traveling from these cities, please look for Delta personnel to direct you to these lines.
The locations of these lines are subject to change.