Need to update your name or other basic information?
Updating your account information due to a legal name change requires a copy of supporting legal documentation (e.g.: court order, marriage certificate, divorce certificate). The name on your SkyMiles account should match the name on your legal identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.) used when you travel. For other changes to your basic information or Secure Flight Passenger Data such as date of birth or gender, we require you send a copy of your identity verification documentation (e.g.: license, passport) along with the requested change. Please follow the instructions on the Identity Verification Form to submit documentation and complete your request.
Middle Name Change
No documentation is required to update your account to change or include your middle name:
- Add middle name
- Change middle initial to full name
- Change full name to middle initial
You may do this by filling out the required fields on the Identity Verification Form.
Can't reset your password on delta.com due to an old email address?
To protect your account security when updating your email address, we require you send a copy of your identity verification documentation along with an updated email address. Please follow the instructions on the Identity Verification Form to submit documentation and complete your request.
Need to change your primary email address or mailing address?
If you are able to login to delta.com, you can update your primary email address or primary mailing address by going to My Profile > Basic Info.
If you cannot login to delta.com, updating your primary email address or mailing address requires a copy of identity verification documentation (e.g.: license, passport). Please follow the instructions on the Identity Verification Form to submit documentation and regain access to your account.
If you have more than one SkyMiles account and would like to combine them then you've come to the right place. By consolidating your accounts, all of your miles, Medallion qualification balances, Medallion Status, and account history will be combined into one account. Once the accounts have been merged, you will have access to the combined account number and miles so you can redeem for mileage upgrades, Award Travel and much more.
To ensure data security and to authenticate your accounts you will need to enter both your account numbers and passwords.
During the process, you will be asked which account number you prefer to retain as your permanent SkyMiles number. While every effort will be made to comply with your request, we do have system edits that may override your selection. This is to ensure that we retain the account number associated with your Medallion Status, Delta Sky Club® Membership, SkyMiles Credit Card or check card.
Steps to Request your Duplicate Accounts to be Merged:
- Validate account numbers and Passwords.
You’ll enter both of your SkyMiles account numbers and Passwords for authorization and name validation.
- Select the account number you prefer to retain.
Remember we may have to override your selection to retain the account number associated with your Medallion Status, Delta Sky Club Membership, SkyMiles Credit Card or check card.
- Submit your Merge Request.
Once your request has been accepted, you will receive an email advising you of your primary SkyMiles account number, and notifying you that your request has successfully been submitted.
- Please allow up to seven days for your Merge Account Request to be completed once submitted.
If you have two SkyMiles Accounts, submit your Merge Request today.
- The Merging of two Delta SkyMiles accounts is a non-reversible transaction once confirmed by the user and can only be done between accounts that are for the same person. First and last names must match on the accounts and the user must submit both SkyMiles account numbers and Passwords.
- No fees apply for merging accounts.
- Any attempt to fraudulently merge accounts not belonging to the same individual is strictly prohibited and any such transaction will be reversed and will result in account termination and possible legal action.
- The address in the primary account will be retained for all future communications. To modify your address visit your Profile on delta.com.
- Any duplicate mileage transactions contained in both accounts will be revoked, and will be reflected in the combined mileage balance.
- An email address is required to complete this transaction.
- An email confirmation will be sent to the email address on file in your SkyMiles account.
- The sale, barter, gift, or assignment of SkyMiles miles, mileage awards, or other benefits, other than by Delta, is expressly prohibited.
- Any miles combined through this agreement may not be conveyed to persons engaged in the sale, direct or indirect, of flight miles or arranging for the sale of such miles. Any improper usage of miles pursuant to this Agreement and Merge Account Program, or any other misuse of miles, shall be grounds for immediate confiscation and forfeit of such miles, and may be grounds for the forfeiture of all miles in the Member's account and the Member's ejection from the SkyMiles Program.
- The merging of accounts does not guarantee availability of an award seat on any given flight. Taxes and fees for award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award travel seats and complimentary upgrades are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets.
- All SkyMiles Program rules apply to program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Rules.
- By submitting the request to merge accounts, the Member acknowledges and signifies his or her agreement with the Terms and Conditions stated and with the SkyMiles Program rules.
To begin the mileage request process please click the Request Mileage Credit button below and login with your SkyMiles number or username and password. Once logged in, you can select one of three forms based on your needs. Use items 1- 3 below to help you determine which form to use.
- If you are missing miles from a Delta flight, fill out the Delta Flights form by adding your ticket number and clicking submit.
- If you are missing miles for an eligible flight flown on an airline partner, scroll down and select Delta and Partner Flights from the dropdown selector and complete the form.
- If you are missing miles from a non-airline partner, scroll down and select Other SkyMiles Partners from the dropdown selector and complete the form.