Blocking Seats for More Space On Board
Delta is extending its commitment to block middle or select aisle seats and implementing the following changes for Delta-operated flights departing now through March 30, 2021:
- On aircraft with middle seats: We will block the selection of middle seats in Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin for parties of 1-2. Parties of 3+ can continue selecting seats together.
- On aircraft without any middle seats: We will block the selection of one aisle of seats on smaller aircraft.
- Blocking adjacent seats in First Class.*
- Tip: Blocked, occupied and available seats are visible for every flight in our seat maps when booking, in My Trips, or on the Fly Delta app. Check the seat map as the seat adjacent to yours may be occupied.
- Limiting the total number of passengers on board.
- On select routes where customer demand is high, we will look for opportunities to upgrade to larger aircraft or add more flying to promote space on board.
- Boarding by row, starting from the rear of the aircraft to the front. Delta One, First Class and Diamond Medallion customers may board at any point during the boarding process.
* Delta One cabins with two aisles will have no capacity limitation. Parties of 2 in the First Class cabin and in any Delta One cabin with one aisle may select seats together.
Other Seat Information
Basic Economy provides a value for solo travelers and light packers who don't anticipate changes to their travel plans, or do not mind where they sit. In Basic Economy you'll experience:
- Complimentary carry-on bag. Overhead bin space may be limited, so your carry-on bag may be gate checked free of charge
- Checked bag fee applies depending on the route. Please visit our Baggage and Travel Fees page for details
- Seat assignment is free after check-in, subject to availability
- Ticket changes or upgrades are not allowed*
*Ticket changes or refunds not allowed after the Risk-Free Cancellation period. Basic Economy travelers are not eligible for paid or complimentary access or upgrades to premium seats, including to Delta Comfort+® or Preferred Seats.
If you are unable to sit in your seat without encroaching into the seat next to you while the armrest is down, please ask the agent if they can reseat you next to an empty seat. You might also consider purchasing an upgrade to First/Delta One.
If you would like to book an additional seat in order to ensure your best comfort during your travel, please call Delta Reservations at 1-800-221-1212. They will be glad to assist.
Preferred Seats include exit row, bulkhead window and aisle, and window and aisle seats in the front of the Main Cabin and are available to eligible customers upon ticketing on Delta and Delta Connection aircraft.
You can purchase Preferred Seats prior to departure on flights within the U.S. and Canada, U.S. to international, and select exit-international flights. They are unavailable once the check-in window for the flight has closed.
Basic Economy: Customers who purchased Basic Economy are not eligible to purchase Preferred Seats.
SkyMiles Members: Earn miles, including Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) toward Medallion Status with the SkyMiles Program, for Preferred Seat purchases.
The ability to select seats will vary based on operating airline. Once your ticket is booked, visit My Trips or contact the operating airline for more information.