Flight Changes & Cancellations
We understand that your plans may change; you can make changes or cancel your flight online prior to departure. Visit My Trips to make changes to your flight(s) any time before your travel date. If you need assistance with how to cancel or change your flight, visit our how-to guide.
If you purchased a ticket from a third-party travel site or agency and you need to make a change or cancellation, please refer directly to your travel agent for servicing/assistance needs.
Tickets purchased directly from Delta, including Basic Economy fares, are included in our 24-Hour Risk-Free Cancellation policy. This means you have up to 24 hours after booking to cancel your ticket for any reason and receive a full refund with no change or cancellation fees. Basic Economy tickets purchased outside of existing waivers are non-changeable and non-refundable.
Tickets Purchased After April 30, 2021 for Travel in 2021
For those with upcoming Basic Economy travel through December 31, 2021, you can now make changes to your upcoming flight without paying a change fee through our temporary 2021 Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.
Tickets Purchased After April 30, 2021 for Travel in 2022
Basic Economy tickets purchased for travel in 2022 remain non-refundable and non-changeable.
Tickets Purchased On or Before April 30, 2021
For customers who purchased a Basic Economy ticket under our COVID-19 travel waivers on or before April 30, 2021, you may make changes* or may cancel your ticket and receive an eCredit.
*Some Basic Economy tickets originating from Europe, Africa, and other international markets may be changeable for a fee. Check the ticket restrictions for details.
In keeping with our longstanding policy, if we cancel or significantly delay a flight, we will first attempt to rebook you on an alternate flight, if one is available.
If we cannot find an alternate flight and we cancel the reservation for you, or if you choose to cancel the alternative itinerary we have selected for you, you have a couple of options:
- An eCredit for the value of the ticket; or
- If you prefer, you may request a refund to your original form of payment
For the following scenarios, these tickets cannot be changed online and we recommend reaching out to our Reservations team. We encourage you to explore your options in My Trips if the scenarios below do not apply to your ticket.
- Tickets that have been upgraded using miles or certificates
- An adult traveling with an infant in arms
- Tickets that are sold or ticketed by another airline – generally, this means your flight number will start with something other than "DL", except for SkyMiles Award Travel operated by a Delta airline partner
- If you are ready to book your new trip now and don’t yet see your eCredit or have an issue booking on delta.com, please have your old ticket number ready when you reach out to our Reservations team. Your ticket number is a 13-digit number beginning with 006. You can locate the ticket number on your emailed flight purchase receipt.