Get Miles and Go See the World
With SkyMiles, you do more than travel. You go places. Get miles when you fly or for things you already do every day at home. And then turn them into your next trip or reward.
Miles When You Fly: How to Earn on Flights
One trip leads to the next when you’re a SkyMiles Member. Get miles* when you travel or for things you already do every day at home.
- When you book a flight, enter your SkyMiles number
- On Delta-marketed flights in Main Cabin or above, earn 5 miles for each $1 spent on your ticket*†
- On partner flights and with certain exception fares, you’ll earn miles differently
- Earn even more when you achieve Medallion Status - up to 11 miles per $1 spent*
- Earn miles on every vacation package with Delta Vacations – up to 5,000 bonus miles in addition to flight miles**
- Remember: miles are earned by the Member who is flying (whose name and SkyMiles number are listed on the ticket) regardless of who purchased the flight
*Most, but not all paid tickets earn miles. Ticket price eligible to earn miles includes base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges, but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees.
**Terms apply. All SkyMiles Program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion Status or Million Miler™ Status. Offer subject to change without notice; other restrictions may apply. Offers void where prohibited by law.
†Effective for tickets purchased on or after December 9, 2021 for flights departing on or after January 1, 2022, Basic Economy tickets are not eligible to earn miles in the SkyMiles Program or earn credit towards Medallion Status.
Earn Miles When You Use a Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card
Miles Every Day: Earn with SkyMiles Partners
It’s easy to turn your everyday into anywhere by earning miles with the brands you know and love. Watch your miles add up faster when you book accommodations, request rides, shop, dine and more.