GET TO KNOW MEDALLION STATUS
Discover Silver Medallion Benefits
When you reach Medallion Status, you unlock amazing benefits like Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Priority Boarding and waived baggage fees. Plus, enjoy benefits including a preferred rate on a CLEAR® Plus membership, exclusive savings with Delta Vacations® and more.
You Earn More Miles
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One® Upgrades: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Day of departure
Unlimited Complimentary First Class Upgrades:
All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Unlimited Complimentary Delta Comfort+ Seat Access: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One, First Class & Delta Comfort+ Upgrades for a Companion: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash, Pay with Miles tickets and SkyMiles® Companion Certificates(2)
Unlimited Complimentary Clase Premier Upgrades on select Aeromexico-operated flights. Learn more
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Complimentary Preferred Seats(2)(3)
- Enjoy your first checked bag free each way when traveling on a Delta or select airline partner flight. Up to 8 of your travel companions also receive their first checked bag free when traveling on a Delta flight. (4)
From check-in to boarding, move through the airport faster.
- Priority check-in (5)
- Preferred pricing on a CLEAR Plus membership so you can speed through security, only $149/annually (a $40 savings)(6)
- Priority Boarding, so you can be seated sooner(7)
- Earn 5 miles per $1* spent on qualifying rentals with Hertz when booked through delta.com
- Five Star® Status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® program(8)
*Excludes taxes, fees, other incidental charges, or other booking charges or any element of the booking which is paid or reduced by redemption vouchers or discount codes.
Priority Wait List
If the class of service preferred is not available when making a reservation, you'll receive priority waitlist status on paid tickets.
SkyTeam Elite Status
When you fly with any of the 20 SkyTeam partner airlines around the globe, you’ll be given SkyTeam Elite status, which offers benefits like Priority Boarding, Preferred Seats and more.
Phone Line Priority
When you contact a SkyMiles representative, you’ll be given call priority over General SkyMiles Members. You can reach a SkyMiles representative anytime at 1-800-323-2323 in the U.S., or contact us worldwide.
EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS WITH DELTA VACATIONS®
Reclaim My Status
(1) General SkyMiles Members earn 5 miles per dollar spent. Silver Medallion Members earn 2 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 7), Gold Medallion Members earn an additional 3 miles per dollar (for a total of 8), Platinum Medallion Members earn 4 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 9), and Diamond Medallion Members earn 6 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 11).*Ticket price eligible for mileage accrual includes base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges, but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees. Medallion mileage bonus per USD spent based on earned Medallion Status at the time of travel.
(2) Basic Economy (E) fares are not eligible for: earning miles in the SkyMiles Program, earning credit towards Medallion Status, earning flight miles credit towards Million Miler Status, paid or complimentary upgrades; paid, complimentary or discounted Delta Comfort+, paid or complimentary Preferred Seats; and are not eligible to make same-day confirmed or same-day standby travel changes, regardless of Medallion or other elite status.
(3) Preferred Seats: Eligible passengers include Diamond, Platinum, Gold, and Silver Medallion Members, SkyTeam® Elite and SkyTeam Elite Plus members, passengers that have purchased full fare Y, M or B class of service, and companions of Preferred Seat-eligible customers. When making reservations, provide your SkyMiles account number and request a Preferred Seat. This service is offered on Delta and Delta Connection® flights, subject to availability. Select seats may be reassigned to passengers with certain categories of disability.
(4) Excess oversize, and/or overweight baggage fees may apply. The benefit applies to the Medallion Member when traveling on a Delta, China Southern, or on a SkyTeam partner flight. This also applies up to 8 travel companions on a Medallion Member's reservation for a total of 9 passengers when traveling on a Delta-operated flight, with the exception of flights departing from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) or Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS). The free checked bag allowance depends on Medallion Tier, origin/destination and cabin booked. View complete details.
(5) Priority Check-In: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members may use the Sky Priority check-in lanes. Certain airports may have a dedicated check-in lane for Silver Medallion Members. At airports which do not have a dedicated Silver Medallion check-in lane, Silver Medallion Members are permitted to use the Sky Priority check-in lane.
Priority Security Line Access: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members have access to frequent traveler security lines in select U.S. domestic airports. To use these lines, show your digital Medallion membership card in the My Wallet section of the Fly Delta app along with the appropriate boarding documents. You can also print your Medallion membership card from My SkyMiles at delta.com anytime. For a list of cities that have these lines available, visit Frequent Traveler Security Lines. This benefit is subject to government security regulations and may be suspended at any time by government directive.
(6) SkyMiles offers Member-only rates off of the standard $189 annual membership to CLEAR's biometric service. Annual memberships are available for US citizens, legal permanent residents, and citizens of US territories, 18 and older with valid photo ID. Eligibility for complimentary or preferential pricing based on SkyMiles program status at time of CLEAR Plus membership enrollment or renewal. Benefit does not provide automatic enrollment. To receive savings on an annual CLEAR Plus membership, eligible Members must enroll in CLEAR Plus and must provide their SkyMiles number upon enrolling. Full enrollment requires visiting an enrollment center in person. Eligibility for the membership is determined solely by CLEAR. Terms and conditions apply and offer subject to change. Offer is non-transferable.
SkyMiles Members with an existing CLEAR Plus membership may link their SkyMiles and CLEAR accounts here at the time of their annual renewal to have your SkyMiles-preferred rate applied to your CLEAR Plus membership. SkyMiles-preferred rates cannot be applied to an already-existing annual membership.
Your CLEAR Plus membership automatically renews each year for an additional 12-month period at a complimentary or preferentially-priced rate, if eligible, based on your SkyMiles program Status at the time of renewal. At the time of renewal, the relevant fees will be charged to the credit card provided during registration, or if different, the credit card associated with your CLEAR account at that time. To cancel your CLEAR Plus membership at any time, log in to your CLEAR account at my.clearme.com with the email address used to enroll. For help, visit clearme.com/support. Effective February 1st, 2023, all SkyMiles members enrolled in CLEAR Plus will renew at the above rates. This price change continues to offer significant savings compared to the standard CLEAR Plus membership rate. All CLEAR terms and conditions apply and are available at clearme.com.
Delta SkyMiles American Express Card Members: $149 per year
General SkyMiles Members: $179 per year
Preferred rate for Delta SkyMiles American Express Card Members is limited to Basic Card Members (not Additional Card Members) with the Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card, Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Card, Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card, Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card, Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card, and Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card. Card Members must enroll using the SkyMiles number associated with their Delta SkyMiles American Express Card to receive the preferred rate.
(7) Priority Boarding: With our boarding order, Medallion Members are invited to board before other Main Cabin customers. Customers in Delta One and First Class, Diamond Medallion Members and Delta Premium Select customers will be invited to board the aircraft, in that order, via our Delta Sky Priority lane. All Platinum and Gold Medallion Members and SkyTeam Elite Plus customers are then invited to board with Sky Priority (SKY). Silver Medallion Members, and SkyTeam Elite customers can begin boarding after that using the General Boarding lane when traveling in Main Cabin (Main 1). Silver Medallion Members will not have a dedicated Priority Boarding zone on Delta flights departing AMS and CDG due to Air France-KLM boarding policies. Refer to the full Boarding Priority page for more information.
(8) Excludes taxes, fees, other incidental charges, or other booking charges or any element of the booking which is paid or reduced by redemption vouchers or discount codes. Members need to add their Gold Plus Rewards number in their SkyMiles profile and opt-In for this benefit. Terms and conditions apply. Valid only for car rentals booked directly through Delta.
(9) Miles are worth at least 15% more as compared to mileage value with Delta Vacations prior to July 10, 2023. Purchase a Delta Vacations flight and hotel package from any Delta Vacations origin in the U.S. or Canada to a Delta Vacations destination for travel anytime. Some resorts, ski, and dive vacations are excluded from this offer. Additional restrictions may apply.
(10) All Reclaim My Status Benefit Terms apply. See full details.