Discover Diamond Medallion Benefits
Choice Benefits – a Delta Exclusive
As a Diamond Medallion Member, you get to select exclusive Choice Benefits, a loyalty program feature that only Delta provides. Choice Benefits enable you to customize additional benefits by what matters most to you. Pick from:
- Delta Sky Club® Membership Options
- Global & Regional Upgrade Certificates
- Gift Gold Medallion Status to a friend or family member
- 25,000 bonus miles for yourself, someone else, or a SkyWish charity of your choice
- A $200 Delta travel voucher
- A $200 Tiffany & Co. gift card
With Diamond, You Earn More
As you travel with Diamond Medallion Status, you’ll earn even more miles. Plus, the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) you earn above your Medallion Tier qualification threshold will roll over to the next qualification year to give you a jump start on earning Status again – this is known as “Rollover MQMs.”
- 11 miles per dollar*(1)
- Unlimited Rollover MQMs
Here’s an example of how Rollover MQMs work: You reach Diamond Medallion Status for 2019 by earning 150,000 MQMs and $15,000 MQDs during the 2018 calendar year. You only needed 125,000 MQMs to reach Diamond. With Rollover MQMs, you’ll be able to rollover the 25,000 MQMs you earned above and beyond the Diamond requirement, to your next year’s balance giving you a head start toward earning Status again for 2020. We’ll automatically rollover your MQMs by the end of January each year.
The Rollover MQMs benefit is exclusive to Delta, and only for our Medallion Members.
Amenities at the Airport
From check-in to boarding, move through the airport more seamlessly.
- Complimentary CLEAR membership, opens in a new window to speed through security (a $179 annual value)(2), Watch how CLEAR works, opens in a new window
- Highest priority boarding along with our First Class, Delta Premium Select or Delta One cabins, so you can be seated and settled first(3)
- Sky Priority® suite of services including check-in, priority security line access, and expedited baggage service (4)
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades
As a Diamond Medallion Member, you have top priority for Complimentary Upgrades for yourself and a companion to Delta Comfort+ shortly after ticketing, to First Class beginning 120 hours (5 days) prior to departure, and to the domestic Delta One® experience on the day of departure.
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One® Upgrades: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Day of departure
Unlimited Complimentary First Class Upgrades:
Begins 120 hours (5 days) prior to departure with priority
Unlimited Complimentary Delta Comfort+ Upgrades: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(5)
Shortly after ticketing
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One, First Class & Delta Comfort+ Upgrades for a Companion:
Unlimited Complimentary Clase Premier Upgrades on select Aeromexico-operated flights. Learn more
Begins 120 hours (5 days) prior to departure with priority
Complimentary Preferred Seats(5)(6)
Waived Fees for Bags and Ticket Changes
We’ll take care of these fees for you because you’re a Diamond Medallion Member.
- Waived change fees for Award Travel (7)
- Your first checked bag free when traveling on a Delta or airline partner flight. Up to 8 of your travel companions also receive their first checked bag free when traveling on a Delta flight.(8)
- Waived Same-Day Confirmed Fees (9)
- Waived Same-Day Standby Fees (10)
Additional Diamond Medallion Benefits
If the class of service preferred is not available when making a reservation, you'll receive priority waitlist status on paid tickets.
When you fly with any of the 20 SkyTeam partner airlines around the globe, you’ll be given SkyTeam Elite Plus status, which offers benefits like Priority Baggage Handling, lounge access around the world (12) and more.
Even when you’re not flying, enjoy elite benefits with Hertz® Car Rental. Earn 1,250 bonus miles per qualifying rental with Hertz, plus enjoy President's Circle® Status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® program(13).
Save up to $300 per booking with Delta Vacations(14), even when booking with miles. And remember, you can earn up to 7,500 bonus miles per person with a flight and hotel package. Learn more
As a Diamond Medallion Member, look forward to a package in the mail with bag tags so you can show off your Status and celebrate just how far you’ve come!
(1) General SkyMiles Members earn five miles per dollar spent. Silver Medallion Members earn two additional miles per dollar (for a total of seven), Gold Medallion Members earn an additional three miles per dollar (for a total of eight), Platinum Medallion Members earn four additional miles per dollar (for a total of nine), and Diamond Medallion Members earn six additional miles per dollar (for a total of eleven).*Ticket price eligible for mileage accrual includes base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges, but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees. Medallion mileage bonus per USD spent based on earned Medallion Status at the time of travel.
(2) Annual membership for U.S.-based SkyMiles Members only. Eligibility for complimentary or preferential pricing based on SkyMiles program Status at time of CLEAR membership enrollment or renewal. Benefit does not provide automatic enrollment. All CLEAR terms and conditions apply and are available at clearme.com.
(3) Priority Boarding: With our boarding order, Medallion Members are invited to board early on most flights. Via our Delta Sky Priority lane, all passengers in Delta One, Delta Premium Select or First Class, and all Diamond Medallion Members, will be invited to board (DL One/Diamnd, Prem/Diamnd, or First/Diamond). All Platinum and Gold Medallion Members, SkyTeam ElitePlus customers, and Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum and Gold members are then invited to board with Sky Priority (SKY). Silver Medallion Members, SkyTeam Elite, and Virgin Australia Velocity Silver members can begin boarding after that using the Sky Priority boarding lane when traveling in Main Cabin (Main1). Silver Medallion Members will not have a dedicated Priority Boarding zone on Delta flights departing AMS and CDG due to Air France-KLM boarding policies.
(4) Priority Check-In: Medallion Members have access to designated, Delta One®/Business Class or First Class check-in areas at most airports where Delta offers this service. SkyMiles Members can check in for a domestic flight and print a boarding pass via delta.com up to 24 hours before a flight's scheduled departure. Also, SkyMiles Members traveling on a Delta e-ticket for a domestic flight can use our self-service kiosks in more than 80 airports nationwide to quickly check in for a flight or standby for an upgrade. Kiosks also allow you to check baggage, select or change seat assignments, change your flight, provide for multiparty check-in, add your SkyMiles number to your itinerary, print a receipt, and more.
Priority Security Line Access: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members have access to frequent traveler security lines in select U.S. domestic airports. To use these lines, show your Medallion card along with the appropriate boarding documents. For a list of cities that have these lines available, visit Frequent Traveler Security Lines. This benefit is subject to government security regulations and may be suspended at any time by government directive.
(5) Basic Economy (E) fares are not eligible for: paid or complimentary upgrades; paid, complimentary or discounted Delta Comfort+, paid or complimentary Preferred Seats; and are not eligible to make same-day confirmed or same-day standby travel changes, regardless of Medallion or other elite status.
(6) Preferred Seats: A number of choice Main Cabin seats are set aside for eligible passengers. Eligible passengers include Diamond, Platinum, Gold, and Silver Medallion Members, SkyTeam® Elite and SkyTeam Elite Plus members, passengers that have purchased full fare Y, M or B class of service, and companions of Preferred Seat-eligible customers. When making reservations, provide your SkyMiles account number and request a Preferred Seat. This service is offered on Delta and Delta Connection® flights, subject to availability. Select seats may be reassigned to passengers with certain categories of disability.
(7) Award Ticket redeposit and reissue fees waived for Award Tickets redeemed from a Diamond or Platinum Medallion Member's account, except when flying on a Basic Economy (E) fare.
(8) Excess, oversize, and/or overweight baggage fees may apply. The benefit applies to the Medallion Member when traveling on a Delta or partner airline flight and applies up to 8 travel companions on a Medallion Member's reservation for a total of 9 passengers when traveling on a Delta-operated flight, with the exception of flights departing from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) or Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS). View complete details.
(9) Same-Day Confirmed: As a Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion Member, you may request a same-day change to your itinerary and be confirmed at no extra charge, except when flying on a Basic Economy (E) fare. To make a same-day confirmed change when booked in Main Cabin your original fare class must be available. To make a same-day confirmed change when booked in our premium cabins -- including Delta One®, First and Business Class -- you may make a same-day confirmed change as long as a seat is available in the premium cabin. Your request can be made within 24 hours prior to your original departure time. Your new departure time must still be on the same day as your originally scheduled departure.
(10) Same-Day Standby: If you are unable to secure flights with the same-day confirmed option, we offer the option to stand by free of charge to Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members at the kiosk, ticket counter or through reservations, except when flying on a Basic Economy (E) fare. Silver Medallion Members have the option to stand by for an earlier flight, and will be charged $75 if confirmed. See Same-day Travel Changes for more information and complete terms and conditions. Same Day Standby fee is $75 USD for tickets issues on/after March 15th, 2017. For tickets issued prior to March 15th, 2017, the fee is $50 USD.
(11) Premium Sales and Service is available when calling from the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
(12) Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members traveling in any cabin on a same-day, international SkyTeam flight receive access to SkyTeam lounges (SkyTeam partner-operated and SkyTeam branded lounges; excludes travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam and Saipan when traveling in Main Cabin) and any Delta Sky Club® for you and a guest as part of your SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits.
(13) For Hertz President’s Circle Status, Members need to add their Gold Plus Rewards number in their SkyMiles profile and opt-in for this benefit. Terms and conditions apply.
(14) Purchase a Delta Vacations flight and hotel package from any Delta Vacations origin in the U.S. or Canada to a Delta Vacations destination, February 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020, for travel anytime. Some resorts, ski, and dive vacations are excluded from this offer. Additional restrictions may apply.
(15) All Reclaim My Status Benefit Terms apply. See full details.