Certificates, eCredits, & Gift Cards
Whether they're printed on paper or sent to you electronically, Delta Certificates and eCredits give you a number of different ways to save big on your upcoming trips.
- What types of Certificates and eCredits are there?
- Can I see a list of the Certificates and eCredits I already have?, Go to footer note
- How many Certificates or eCredits can I redeem toward my ticket?, Go to footer note
- How do I redeem an individual Certificate or eCredit?, Go to footer note
- Can I combine the Certificates and eCredits I already have?, Go to footer note
- If my eCredit covers the cost of my ticket, why do I need to provide credit card information?, Go to footer note
Delta eCerts can be redeemed for a variety of money-saving offers on eligible flights, including:
- A specific dollar amount off the cost of an eligible fare.
- A specific percentage off the cost of an eligible fare.
- A specific percentage off the number of miles required to purchase an Award ticket.
- A travel certificate that covers the cost of a ticket and requires the customer to only pay applicable taxes and fees.
- A complimentary upgrade to the First or Business Class cabin.
- SkyMiles Companion Certificates are exclusive, money-saving certificates good for one eligible round-trip flight--just for renewing your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. Learn more about SkyMiles Companion Certificates.
eCredits are a specific monetary value that can be applied as payment toward the cost of a Delta ticket and any government-imposed taxes and fees. Examples of an eCredit:
- Unused or partially used past date eTicket.
- Delta Travel Voucher received when an eTicket exchange results in residual value.
- Delta Dollars received for denied boarding compensation from an over sold flight.
- Transportation Credit Voucher received as compensation for a service issue.
- Miscellaneous Charge Order generally received when an eTicket exchange results in residual value and the original form of payment for the ticket was other than a credit card.
- eGift certificates
When you redeem Certificates or eCredits at delta.com there is no transaction fee. You can also redeem them at any Delta ticketing location, but additional fees may apply. Most Certificates and eCredits cannot be redeemed at travel agencies, other airlines, or other travel web sites please refer to the terms and conditions for details.
Certificates and eCredits associated with your SkyMiles number can be viewed by going to delta.com and logging in with your SkyMiles number and then go to MY DELTA and open the Certificates and eCredits module within My Wallet. Only Certificates or eCredits that were associated to your SkyMiles number when it was issued will be displayed.
If you wish to view Certificates or eCredits not associated with your SkyMiles number visit delta.com/redeem and enter your Certificate or eCredit number. You can view up to six individual numbers at one time.
The maximum number of combinable eCredits allowed with the initial purchase is 3 per ticket.
The maximum number of combinable eCredits allowed with a ticket change is 2 per ticket.
Redeeming a Certificate: (American Express Companion certificate/Complimentary travel certificates/dollars off eCert/percent off eCert)
- Certificates must be selected or entered prior to shopping for your flights.
- Click the Redeem a Certificate link below.
- Enter your Certificate number along with any other required information.
- When using a Certificate, your eligible flight options will be identified as "Certificate applied".
Currently you cannot combine Certificates and eCredits in the same transaction.
Credit card information is required for all flight purchases.
For original bookings, the maximum number of Delta Gift Cards allowed on the initial purchase from www.delta.com is 3. If you need to redeem more than 3 Gift Cards please contact our Reservations team. The maximum allowed is 3 per ticket when booking over the phone.
When making ticket changes, the maximum number of Delta Gift Cards allowed on www.delta.com is 3 per booking. If you need to redeem more than 3 Delta Gift Cards please contact our Reservations team. The maximum allowed is 3 per ticket when booking over the phone.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions, Go to footer note of the Delta Gift for additional details.
How do I redeem a Delta Gift Card?
Redeeming a Delta Gift Card
- Delta Gift Cards can be selected/entered prior to shopping or on the payment page.
- Click the Redeem a Delta Gift Card link below to get started.
- Enter your Delta Gift Cards number along with any other required information.
- Delta Gift Cards will be applied as a form of payment at time of purchase.