Gift Cards FAQs
- Gift Cards may be redeemed for any Delta-marketed flight worldwide by visiting delta.com or by calling 1-800-225-1366.
- Gift Cards may be redeemed toward Delta Vacations® packages that include airfare by visiting delta.com/vacations or by calling 800-800-1504.
- eGifts and Cards may only be redeemed toward the total purchase price of air transportation, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation (excluding any cash portion of an Award or Miles + Cash Ticket). They may not be used for any additional fees (including baggage fees) or for any other products or services (including upgrades, in-flight purchases, premium seating, SkyMiles Cruises, cargo, hotel stays, or car rentals).
- Gift Cards cannot be used to pay for any cash portion of an Award or Miles + Cash Ticket.
Delta Gift Cards may be purchased through delta.com, Delta Sky Clubs, and authorized retailers nationwide including Target, Walmart, Best Buy, grocery stores including Kroger, Publix, Albertsons Safeway, pharmacy stores including Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy and Rite Aid, and home stores including Home Depot, Lowe’s and Bed Bath and Beyond. Consumer resale sites are not authorized to sell Delta Gift Cards and customers are advised to not sell or purchase cards through these sites. Customers who purchase cards from unlicensed resellers do so at their own risk.
Delta Gift Cards never expire. No service or inactivity fees apply.
A US billing address is required for all gift card purchases on delta.com.
- Gift Cards may be shipped to valid street addresses within the 50 United States. We do not currently ship Gift Cards to PO Boxes or to any address outside of the United States.
- eGift cards (an electronic gift card sent by email) may be purchased by customers with billing addresses within all US territories, including Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, etc.
- Activation times may vary depending on where the Gift Card was purchased. Gift Cards purchased on delta.com are eligible for use approximately 72 hours after purchase.
- Gift Cards purchased on our mobile delta.com website are eligible for use approximately 24 hours after purchase.
- Gift Cards purchased in retail stores are eligible for use approximately 24 hours after purchase.
- Gift cards purchased through other channels are eligible for use immediately following purchase and receipt.
Up to 3 gift cards can be redeemed per transaction on delta.com. If you wish to redeem more than 3 cards for a single purchase, please call 1-800-225-1366 and a Reservations Specialist will be able to assist you.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided at the time of the order letting you know your order is in process. For physical Gift Card orders, a second email will be sent with the appropriate tracking information for your shipment.
- For eGift orders, a confirmation email will be sent to the provided purchaser address. A separate email with the eGift will be sent to the Recipient email provided at the time of purchase.
- For physical Gift Card orders, please refer to the shipment tracking email to help determine the delivery status. For delivery exceptions (ie. returned to sender, etc.) please contact us at 1-800-225-1366 to arrange reshipment.
- For eGift orders, please check all Spam/Junk Mail folders. If the email still cannot be located, please contact us at 1-800-225-1366.
- Make sure you’ve allowed enough time for the card to activate (72 hours for delta.com purchases; 24 hours for retail store purchases).
- Call 1-800-225-1366 for assistance.
Delta Gift Cards are not refundable and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, check or credit except where required by law.
Gift Cards are available for purchase in $5 increments ranging from $50 to $1,000 in value.
- eGift delivery/email (immediate delivery): No charge
- Standard delivery (3-4 business days): $5.95 per order
- Expedited delivery (2-3 business days): $14.95 per order