Flights to Charleston
Southern charm, meet modern sensibilities. Today’s Charleston offers a truly cutting-edge food scene, a growing patchwork of neighborhoods and several colleges, all nestled in the warmth of this Southern, romantic city. Wander worn historic streets crowned by palm trees and Spanish moss, with a faint sea-breeze on the air in nearly every neighborhood.
Whether you’re soaking up the history or basking in the Southern sun, this popular Southeastern tourist destination offers a myriad of things to do. In the historic city-center near the Charleston French Quarter, meander through the historic streets and antebellum homes with wide shaded porches. Experience the history by staying nearby at a bed and breakfast, or just stop in to shop and eat at Charleston City Market — open since the early 1800s.
If you’re not sitting on a porch savoring a refreshingly cool sweet tea, head to the surrounding areas and explore. Step on board a piece of history at the Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, housed in the U.S.S. Yorktown aircraft carrier from World War II. Or sit back and soak up the sun at Folly Beach, one of several popular beach towns surrounding historic Charleston.
Recently renovated and offering 5 new terminals, the Charleston International Airport serves over 3 million people annually. You’ll find arrivals and departures located on the same floor, with two concourses A and B. You’ll pass through a single security checkpoint to enter both concourses. Find Delta and Delta Connection flights located in Concourse A.
Charleston International Airport (CHS)
- Find fixed-rate taxis available from the airport to Charleston and surrounding destinations
- Hotel and passenger shuttles to downtown also pick up from CHS, in the ground transportation area
- Ride-sharing apps like Lyft and Uber service the airport
- Find rental cars in the Rental Car Pavilion, which you will find near baggage claim
- For public transportation, local bus service CARTA services the airport on Route 4 and Route 11