Save with a Low Fare
Looking for a Delta seat for a great value, but don’t mind where you sit? Basic Economy might be the right choice for you. You’ll still enjoy the same Main Cabin experience at a lower cost, in exchange for fewer amenities on select flights, like receiving your seat assignment after check in. Explore the details to see if Basic Economy fits your needs.
Your Choice, Your Savings
Basic Economy provides a value for solo travelers and light packers who don’t anticipate changes to their travel plans.
A Main Cabin Experience
With Basic Economy, you'll enjoy:
- A Main Cabin seat
- Delta’s signature service
- Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages like Starbucks® coffee, tea, juice, sodas or water.
- Find Wi-Fi available for purchase on many flights
- Complimentary access to in-flight messaging as well as hours of movies, shows and more on Delta Studio®.
With Some Key Differences
In Basic Economy you’ll experience:
- Complimentary carry-on bag. Overhead bin space may be limited, so your carry-on bag may be gate checked free of charge
- Checked bag fee applies depending on the route. Please visit our Baggage and Travel Fees page for details
- Seat assigned after check-in
- Ticket changes or upgrades are not allowed*
* Ticket changes or refunds not allowed after the Risk-Free Cancellation period. Basic Economy travelers are not eligible for paid or complimentary access or upgrades to premium seats, including to Delta Comfort+® or Preferred Seats; and no paid access to Priority Boarding.