Ticket Rules & Restrictions
- Fares and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- All fares are subject to the restrictions that apply to the particular fare.
- Seats are limited and all fares may not be available on all flights.
- Tickets are valid for the named passenger only and are not transferable.
- When you purchase a ticket here at delta.com, you can view the complete fare and ticket rules at the time of purchase. Look for the Taxes/Fees link next to every quoted fare during your shopping experience.
- Itineraries priced at delta.com include government-imposed transportation taxes & fees.
- Only the actual purchase of your delta.com e-ticket(s) will guarantee the quoted fare at delta.com.
- Your e-ticket purchased from delta.com can be canceled without penalty if it qualifies for Risk-Free Cancellation.
- Fares may or may not require advanced purchase. Most of our deeply discounted products require advanced purchases of 3, 7, 14 or 21 days.
- Some round-trip fares have minimum or maximum stay requirements.
- Change fees apply to most ticket changes initiated by the customer.
Contact Reservations if you have any questions about fare and ticket rules.
Our fares apply only to the specific itineraries for which they are quoted and the restrictions that apply to our discounted fares are an essential part of our contract with you. These restrictions make it possible for us to offer these discounted fares.
While not an exclusive list, the following ticketing practices are prohibited:
- Back-to-back ticketing - combining multiple overlapping round-trip tickets to circumvent Saturday or other overnight stay requirements
- Throw-away ticketing - use of discounted round-trip excursion fares for one-way travel
- Point-beyond ticketing - use of a fare published for travel to a point beyond your actual intended destination or from a point before your actual intended origin
Failure to comply with applicable fare restrictions, circumventing those restrictions, or misrepresenting your intended itinerary are all violations of our Contract of Carriage. Violation of this contract reserves us the right to:
- Cancel the remainder of the itinerary and confiscate any unused flight coupons.
- Refuse to board the passenger or check baggage.
- Charge the passenger for the difference between the fare paid and the fare for the passenger's traveled itinerary.