We completely understand. If your travel has been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, you can change or cancel your travel without a change fee or Award redeposit fee. If you cancel your flight, the value of the ticket(s) will become an eCredit to use toward a future Delta flight. If there is a difference in price, the fare difference will apply.
Please cancel or modify your itinerary in My Trips ahead of your departure date if your travel plans have changed. When you cancel or modify your trip ahead of time, you’re helping our agents successfully assign seats a safe distance apart to those who are traveling on the aircraft and ensure weight and balance guidelines are met. We appreciate your support and understanding.
Follow our step-by-step guide to change or cancel your flight, and to use your eCredit when you are ready to book your travel.
Yes, although a difference in ticket price applies. Your current ticket value will be applied toward your new ticket. If you choose to go to the same destination, and before September 30, 2020, we will waive the fare difference.
If this is not for immediate travel, please visit My Trips or the Fly Delta app to make your changes.
To allow additional flexibility in making travel changes, we’re extending any Delta ticket for travel March 1, 2020, through March 31, 2021, booked before April 17, 2020, to permit travel until December 31, 2022.
For more details about waiver eligibility and terms, visit delta.com/waivers.
In keeping with our longstanding policy, if we cancel or significantly delay a flight, we will first attempt to rebook you on an alternate flight, if one is available.
If we cannot find an alternate flight and we cancel the reservation for you, or if you choose to cancel the alternative itinerary we have selected for you, you have a couple of options:
- An eCredit for the value of the ticket; or
- If you prefer, you may request a refund to your original form of payment
The same rules apply whether a flight is booked with cash, miles or using a Companion Certificate.
For award flights that qualify for a change fee waiver, we are also waiving the mile redeposit fee.
All Companion Certificates that were active as of March 1, 2020, have been extended by 6 months or more from the original expiration. To cancel your trip and use your Companion Certificate for a future booking, please visit My Trips. You can also call our Reservations team at 1 (800) 221-1212 to change your trip.
To make space for safer travel, the following temporary changes will be implemented on Delta-operated flights through January 6, 2021:
- Blocking middle seats on all aircraft in Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+ and Delta Premium Select.
- Providing the option to parties of three or more who are traveling together the ability to select a middle seat.
- Limiting the total number of passengers on board.
- On select routes where customer demand is high, we will look for opportunities to upgrade to larger aircraft or add more flying to promote space on board.
- Boarding by row, starting from the rear of the aircraft to the front. Delta One, First Class and Diamond Medallion customers may board at any point during the boarding process.
Previously announced current seat blocking and capacity caps remain in effect through September 30. Additionally, through October 31, 2020:
- First Class will continue to be limited to half of its capacity.*
- Select aisle seats will be blocked on smaller aircraft with 2x2 seating configurations.
* Between October 1 and 31, regional jet First Class (1x2 configurations) will be capped at 67% and Delta One cabins with two aisles will have no capacity limitation.
Medallion Members will be cleared for Complimentary Upgrades to Delta One (within the U.S. 50), First Class and Delta Comfort+ based on their designated clearance window in priority order, availability and other measures we have implemented – like reducing the number of passengers per flight – to create space onboard and provide a safer environment for our customers and employees.
If Members do not wish to be automatically upgraded or instead prefer to select their own seat on the seat map during their designated clearance window, they can opt out of all automatic Complimentary Upgrades in the Preferences section of My Profile on delta.com or set individual flight preferences in My Trips. As always, Members can use the seat map to select any available seat across the seat map – even after an automatic Complimentary Upgrade has been processed.
Delta customers and employees are required to wear a face mask, or appropriate cloth face covering over their nose and mouth throughout their travel, aligning with best practice guidelines from the CDC, opens in a new window. Plastic face shields may be used in addition to a mask but are not approved mask replacements. Any mask with an exhaust valve is not approved as an acceptable face mask for customers traveling on any Delta or Delta Connection operated flight.
Face coverings will be required across all Delta touchpoints:
- Lobby Check-in
- Delta Sky Clubs
- Boarding Gate Areas
- Jet Bridges
- On board the aircraft for the duration of the flight – except limited time while eating or drinking
- Usage is strongly encouraged in high-traffic areas, including security lines and restrooms.
If you’re traveling with one of our trusted partners, learn more about the measures each one is taking to keep you safe.
Customers with unique mask requirements should bring the appropriate face covering that best meets their needs. Customers with underlying conditions that explicitly prevent the wearing of a face covering or mask are strongly encouraged to reconsider travel or should be prepared to complete a ‘Clearance-to-Fly’ process prior to departure at the airport. If you require this exemption, please arrive early to complete the process during check-in and avoid missing your flight – this process can take over one hour. Please arrive early to allow additional time. Mask exemptions only apply for travel on flights operated by Delta Air Lines and Delta Connection and do not exempt customers from any requirements that may be imposed by governments, including local, state or foreign countries, (at the origin or destination) or from requirements on other airlines.
Any false claims of a disability or health condition to obtain an exemption from wearing a mask or face covering may result in the suspension of travel privileges on any Delta flight for the duration of the mask/face covering requirement.
After each flight, crews use electrostatic sprayers to sanitize aircraft interiors from floor to ceiling with a high-grade disinfectant. Cleaning crews then perform extensive manual cleaning procedures to wipe down cabin surfaces including seats, consoles, seatback screens, windows, doors, lavatories and other high-touch areas of the cabin.
Check out more details about Delta’s aircraft cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
As the pandemic evolves and customer demand and travel restrictions fluctuate, we must continue to make difficult decisions about where we fly and how often. While our schedule is reduced, we nevertheless hope to serve every customer who chooses Delta.
If your flight’s been canceled, rest assured the value of your ticket won’t be lost. You will receive an eCredit for the value of your ticket. Find more information on rebooking with eCredits here. Or if you prefer, you may request a refund to your original form of payment.
No. At this time, international unaccompanied minor travel is paused. Minors aged 15-17 who opted out of the UMNR program will also be restricted from international travel during this pause if not accompanied by an adult. International travel for minors and UMNRs is expected to resume on January 1, 2021.
However, there are some scenarios where international travel will be allowed, these include:
- If a minor has already begun travel, they will be permitted to return from their international destination.
- If a minor is being repatriated, they will not be impacted by this pause and will be able to return to their international destination.
Our partner airlines have introduced measures to ensure a hassle-free, seamless experience from start to finish with an increased focus on cleanliness and your safety. Visit our partners’ websites for all the latest information.
Aeromexico, opens in a new window
Air France, opens in a new window
China Eastern, opens in a new window
KLM, opens in a new window
Korean Air, opens in a new window
LATAM, opens in a new window
Virgin Atlantic, opens in a new window
Virgin Australia, opens in a new window
WestJet, opens in a new window
If you need to change or cancel your hotel reservation, you can use your confirmation number to Find Your Booking and manage your reservation, call 1-866-204-0280 or reply to your original booking confirmation email.
Rental Car Reservations:
To make changes to your car rental reservation, you can manage your booking in My Trips or call the rental car company directly.
We encourage you to explore your options in My Trips if the scenarios below do not apply to your ticket. However, there are some tickets that cannot be changed online, these include:
- A form of payment used includes a combination of cash and miles or an upgrade using miles or certificates.
- An adult traveling with an infant in arms.
- Tickets that are sold or ticketed by another airline. Generally, this means your flight number will start with something other than "DL", except for SkyMiles Award Travel operated by a Delta airline partner.
- Your form of payment includes Companion Certificates from eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Cards. If your booking or travel dates fall under an applicable coronavirus waiver and you would like to cancel your trip, please visit My Trips. To change your trip please call Delta Reservations.
If you are ready to book your new trip now and don’t yet see your eCredit or have an issue booking on delta.com, please have your old ticket number ready when you call our Reservations team. Your ticket number is a 13-digit number beginning with 006. You can locate the ticket number on your emailed flight purchase receipt.