Taking care of you is at the center of everything we do. At every step of your travel journey, our priority - you - remains the same. To ensure we provide you with the most flexible and safest travel experience, we're making several changes to best serve you during this time.
- More Space Throughout the Summer: We’re extending our commitment to make more space for safer travel by blocking the selection of middle seats and capping seating in every cabin through September 30th. Seating is capped at: 50% in First Class and domestic Delta One; 60% in Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+, and Delta Premium Select; and 75% in international Delta One.
- Book With Confidence: We are extending our change fee waiver for flights purchased through July 31, 2020.
- Setting the Standard: We've got you covered. We are putting measures in place to set the standard for a cleaner, safer travel experience.
- Added Measures for Your Safety: Masks, or appropriate face coverings will be required for all Delta employees and customers starting at the check-in lobby and across Delta touchpoints including Delta Sky Clubs, boarding gate areas, jet bridges and on board the aircraft for the duration of the flight, aligning with best practice guidelines from the CDC.
Updates, Waivers and eCredits
Can I change or cancel my flight?
It‘s easy to cancel, make changes or rebook online. Visit My Trips to make changes to your flight(s) any time before your travel date. We’re now waiving change fees and Award redeposit fees providing greater flexibility to travel using eCredits through September 30, 2022, for customers who:
- have upcoming travel already booked for March through September 30, 2020 as of April 17, 2020
- have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March through September 30, 2020
Tickets purchased between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be changed without a change fee or Award redeposit fees for a year from the date you purchased it.
How do I change or cancel my flight?
If your trip has been impacted by coronavirus, it's easy to cancel or change your flights in My Trips.
If you’re uncertain of future travel plans, we recommend canceling and rebooking once your new travel plans are confirmed. The value of your ticket will become an eCredit for future use.
How do I use my eCredit to rebook later?
If you have an eCredit, go to delta.com/redeem where you’ll be able to apply that eCredit at the time of purchase. You can use your ticket number to find your eCredit. For step-by-step instructions, visit our how-to-page.
All applicable eCredits will be automatically extended to September 2022 so there’s no action needed on your part. If your eCredit for canceled travel has not yet been processed or extended, or is temporarily displaying incorrectly, there is no need to call. Rest assured your flight value is secure through September 30, 2022 and will be ready to redeem online when you need it.
We are continuing to monitor the latest safety and security protocols. We recommend before traveling, that you check with local airports of origin and destination to ensure you have the latest information.
Setting the Standard for Safer Travel
Traveling With Us
Other Updates and Travel Tips
CARING FOR YOU