London Heathrow International Airport (LHR)
What You Need to Know
As COVID-19 impacts travel, Virgin Atlantic has temporarily closed the Upper Class Wing and the Clubhouse at London Heathrow Airport (LHR). Customers will also need to check-in at Zone A in the Departures level. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Starting on May 22nd 2020, Delta Air Lines operates in T2.
- Citizens of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, United States, EU and UK holding biometric passports can use designated Egates to clear immigration. (Citizens traveling with children under 12 years old will not be eligible for Egates)
- All passengers with London as a destination must collect their bags after clearing immigration and then proceed through customs.
- For customers connecting to another flight please head towards Flight Connections and your designated terminal.
- To connect to another terminal you will go through security screening including your carry-on luggage. The maximum liquid allowance is 100ML or less per container, regardless of if you’ve already been through security checks at another airport.
- Customers arriving on international flights with connecting UK flights must go through Passport Control at London Heathrow Airport.
- Your bags will be checked through to your destination if your connecting flight is with Delta or one of our partner airlines. Please check your baggage tag receipt.
- For arriving and departing flights booked on separate reservations follow signs for arrivals, collect your bags and continue to designated airline check in area for your next flight.
- Starting on May 22nd, Delta will relocate to T2 at London Heathrow International airport (LHR).
- All customers must swipe their travel documents at self-service kiosks in Zone A, in order to verify your passport information.
- Once checked in, customers with bags should proceed to the self-service bag drop or full-service bag drop or join the Sky Priority lane.
- Customers who require special assistance should proceed to the full-service bag drop and seek help from a Virgin Atlantic agent.
- All Delta Air Lines customers must undergo mandatory security interviewing at check-in. If not checking bags the interview will be conducted at the gate.
- Customers proceed through Airport Security to enter the departure lounge area. Information boards will inform guests of the gates 90 minutes before departure.
News & Advisories
Before traveling, check with local airports of origin and destination to ensure you have the latest safety and security protocols. To learn more about our commitment to your safety, visit our Coronavirus Update Center.