SkyMiles Silver Medallion Status
GET TO KNOW MEDALLION STATUS
Discover Silver Medallion Benefits
When you reach Medallion Status, you unlock amazing benefits like Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Priority Boarding, and waived baggage fees. Plus, benefits that only Delta offers like exclusive rates on CLEAR® memberships, Rollover MQMs and more.
With Silver, You Earn More
As you travel with Silver Medallion Status, you’ll earn more miles. Plus, the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) you earn above your Medallion Tier qualification threshold will roll over to the next qualification year to give you a jump start on earning Status again – this is known as “Rollover MQMs.”
- 7 miles per dollar*(1)
- Unlimited Rollover MQMs
Here’s an example of how Rollover MQMs work: You reach Silver Medallion Status for 2019 by earning 45,000 MQMs and $6,000 MQDs during the 2018 calendar year. You only needed 25,000 MQMs to reach Silver and had enough MQDs for Gold, but didn’t quite hit the 50,000 MQMs needed to reach Gold. With Rollover MQMs, you’ll be able to rollover the 20,000 MQMs you earned above and beyond the Silver requirement, to your next year’s balance giving you a head start toward earning Status again for 2020. We’ll automatically rollover your MQMs by the end of January each year.
The Rollover MQMs benefit is exclusive to Delta, and only for our Medallion Members.
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades
As a Silver Medallion Member, you and a companion are eligible for Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades to First Class and Delta Comfort+®, beginning 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure, and to the domestic Delta One® experience on the day of departure.
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One® Upgrades: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Day of departure
Unlimited Complimentary First Class Upgrades:
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Unlimited Complimentary Delta Comfort+ Seat Access: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One, First Class & Delta Comfort+ Upgrades for a Companion: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash, Pay with Miles tickets and SkyMiles Companion Certificates(2)
Unlimited Complimentary Clase Premier Upgrades on select Aeromexico-operated flights. Learn more
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Complimentary Preferred Seats(2)(3)
Check Your Bags for Free
- Enjoy your first checked bag free when traveling on a Delta or airline partner flight. Up to 8 of your travel companions also receive their first checked bag free when traveling on a Delta flight. (4)
Amenities at the Airport
From check-in to boarding, move through the airport faster.
- Priority check-in (5)
- Exclusive pricing on a CLEAR membership so you can speed through security, only $109/annually (a $70 savings)(6)
- Priority Boarding, so you can be seated sooner(7)
Car Benefits with Hertz
Even when you’re not flying, enjoy elite benefits with Hertz® Car Rental. Earn 1,000 bonus miles per qualifying rental with Hertz(8)
If the class of service preferred is not available when making a reservation, you'll receive priority waitlist status on paid tickets.
When you fly with any of the 20 SkyTeam partner airlines around the globe, you’ll be given SkyTeam Elite status, which offers benefits like Priority Boarding, Preferred Seats and more.
When you contact a SkyMiles representative, you’ll be given call priority over General SkyMiles Members. You can reach a SkyMiles representative anytime at 1-800-323-2323 in the U.S., or contact us worldwide.
Save up to $300 per booking with Delta Vacations(9), even when booking with miles. And remember, you can earn up to 7,500 bonus miles per person with a flight and hotel package. Learn more
New this year, starting for 2020 Medallion Status (earned between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019), Silver Medallion Members will receive a package in the mail with bag tags so you can show off your Status and celebrate just how far you’ve come!
When life happens, we want to be there for our Medallion Members. Introducing Reclaim My Status – a new Medallion Benefit inspired by our Members, designed to empower you to return to Status if life slows down your travel.(10) Learn More.
(1) General SkyMiles Members earn five miles per dollar spent. Silver Medallion Members earn two additional miles per dollar (for a total of seven), Gold Medallion Members earn an additional three miles per dollar (for a total of eight), Platinum Medallion Members earn four additional miles per dollar (for a total of nine), and Diamond Medallion Members earn six additional miles per dollar (for a total of eleven).*Ticket price eligible for mileage accrual includes base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges, but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees. Medallion mileage bonus per USD spent based on earned Medallion status at the time of travel.
(2) Basic Economy (E) fares are not eligible for: paid or complimentary upgrades; paid, complimentary or discounted Delta Comfort+, paid or complimentary Preferred Seats; and are not eligible to make same-day confirmed or same-day standby travel changes, regardless of Medallion or other elite status.
(3) Preferred Seats: A number of choice Main Cabin seats are set aside for eligible passengers. Eligible passengers include Diamond, Platinum, Gold, and Silver Medallion members, SkyTeam® Elite and SkyTeam Elite Plus members, passengers that have purchased full fare Y, M or B class of service, and companions of Preferred Seat-eligible customers. When making reservations, provide your SkyMiles account number and request a Preferred Seat. This service is offered on Delta and Delta Connection® flights, subject to availability. Select seats may be reassigned to passengers with certain categories of disability.
(4) Excess, oversize, and/or overweight baggage fees may apply. The benefit applies to the Medallion Member when traveling on a Delta or partner airline flight and applies up to 8 travel companions on a Medallion Member's reservation for a total of 9 passengers when traveling on a Delta-operated flight, with the exception of flights departing from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) or Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS). View complete details.
(5) Priority Check-In: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members may use the Sky Priority check-in lanes. Certain airports may have a dedicated check-in lane for Silver Medallion Members. At airports which do not have a dedicated Silver Medallion check-in lane, Silver Medallion Members are permitted to use the Sky Priority check-in lane.
(6) Annual membership for U.S.-based SkyMiles Members only. Eligibility for complimentary or preferential pricing based on SkyMiles program status at time of CLEAR membership enrollment or renewal. Benefit does not provide automatic enrollment. Rates above apply to all Members who enrolled in CLEAR on or after April 5, 2019. Annual pricing for all Members who enrolled in CLEAR prior to April 5, 2019 will continue to be:
- Diamond Medallion Members: Complimentary annual membership ($179 annual savings)
- Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion Members: $79 annual membership ($100 annual savings)
- Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members: $79 annual membership ($100 annual savings)
- General SkyMiles Members: $99 annual membership ($80 annual savings)
If a Delta SkyMiles Member enrolled in CLEAR prior to April 5, 2019 and still has a CLEAR membership, the Member will continue to retain their current rate, even upon annual renewal, if their SkyMiles program Status remains the same. Additionally, if the Member’s program Status changes at any point, but they had a CLEAR membership prior to April 5, 2019 and still have a CLEAR membership, the Member will still have access to the previous pricing structure. All CLEAR terms and conditions apply and are available at clearme.com.
(7) Priority Boarding: With our boarding order, Medallion Members are invited to board early on most flights. Via our Delta Sky Priority lane, all passengers in Delta One, Delta Premium Select or First Class, and all Diamond Medallion Members, will be invited to board (DL One/Diamnd, Prem/Diamnd, or First/Diamond). All Platinum and Gold Medallion Members, SkyTeam ElitePlus customers, and Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum and Gold members are then invited to board with Sky Priority (SKY). Silver Medallion Members, SkyTeam Elite, and Virgin Australia Velocity Silver members can begin boarding after that using the Sky Priority boarding lane when traveling in Main Cabin (Main1). Silver Medallion Members will not have a dedicated Priority Boarding zone on Delta flights departing AMS and CDG due to Air France-KLM boarding policies.
(8) Members need to include their SkyMiles number at the time of making a car rental booking on delta.com or directly through Hertz. See full details. Terms and conditions apply.
(9) Purchase a Delta Vacations flight and hotel package from a Delta Vacations origin in the U.S. or Canada to a Delta Vacations destination, February 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020, for travel anytime. Some resorts, ski, and dive vacations are excluded from this offer. Additional restrictions may apply.
(10)All Reclaim My Status Benefit Terms apply. See full details.