It's free to join
SkyMiles Loyalty Program
Delta SkyMiles Loyalty Program
Get to Know SkyMiles®
With SkyMiles, every trip and purchase can bring you closer to the next place on your travel wish list. Earn miles for flying and everyday activities, then use miles toward travel on any Delta Air Lines flight or toward a Delta Vacations® package with no blackout dates or for rewards like upgrades, premium drinks at Delta Sky Club® and traveling with Delta Private Jets®.
Earn Miles Faster
With select Delta SkyMiles® Credit Cards, you can earn miles, check your first bag free,‡ enjoy Priority Boarding‡ and more. Choose the card that's right for you. Terms apply.
Getting Started with SkyMiles
Earn & Use Miles That Never Expire
Credit & Debit Cards
Earn More Miles with a SkyMiles Credit Card
With the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express, you earn miles on every eligible purchase on the Card. Miles you can use to go see the world. With each Card, you enjoy distinct benefits.‡
Benefits for Medallion Members
Our most-loyal Members deserve an elevated travel experience. That’s why SkyMiles Members can earn towards Medallion Status, which offers exclusive benefits and service that help you travel well. A few of the many benefits include:
Eligible for Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades to First Class and Delta Comfort+®.
Get more miles at each Medallion Tier.
Enjoy your first checked bag free for yourself and your companions.
Each Day Means More Miles
SkyMiles is more than just a frequent flyer program, it is a loyalty program. With SkyMiles partners, get closer to your next adventure by earning miles with the everyday products and services you enjoy. Earn miles on dining out, overnight stays, rideshares, shopping sprees and more with the brands you love.
SkyMiles News & Updates
SkyMiles is constantly listening to Member feedback and making changes to improve our program. Important updates will be announced here.
December 10, 2018
New and Easier Way for Members to Use Miles to Upgrade Their Seat Now Available
It’s here! You can now use miles to upgrade your seat at delta.com after booking a flight, making it easier than ever before to treat yourself to that upgrade without having to call Reservations.
Here’s how to upgrade with miles on a flight you’ve already booked:
- Find your reservation in My Trips at delta.com
- If an upgrade with miles is available for your flight, you’ll see a banner above your flight information showing the price to upgrade
- Select the button next to the price in miles
- Click ‘Select Seats’ to be taken to the seat map and confirm your upgrade
Be on the lookout for more new ways to use your miles coming in 2019, including being able to upgrade your seat with miles in the Fly Delta app.
Learn more about different ways to upgrade your next trip.
DECEMBER 5, 2018
Reach A Higher 2019 Medallion Status Through Elevate Your Status
Through February 28th, 2019, eligible Members that are close to achieving Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion Status for the 2019 Medallion Year can reach that next Medallion Tier by participating in Elevate Your Status.
Elevate Your Status allows Members to purchase a bundle of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) and Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs – U.S.-based Members only) in order to achieve the next Tier of Medallion Status.
All Tiers of Medallion Status include:
- Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades
- Rollover MQMs – a Delta exclusive
- Complimentary Preferred Seats
- Higher mileage earn on flights
- Priority boarding
- Waived fees, including baggage fees
- Dedicated customer service phone lines
- Exclusive rates on CLEAR membershipsopens in a new window Please note, this links to an external site separate from delta.com, which may not follow the same accessibility or privacy policies.opens in a new window
- And more. Learn about all Medallion Benefits at each Tier
How Elevate Your Status works:
- Members should know their current MQM, MQS and MQD balance before purchasing a bundle. If you need to check your balance, go to My SkyMiles or the SkyMiles section of the Fly Delta app.
- Eligible Members can visit delta.com/elevateyourstatus and log in to participate.
- Click “Purchase Now” to go through the easy steps to complete your transaction.
- Once you’ve completed your transaction, the MQMs, MQSs and MQDs will be added to your 2018 balance and apply towards your 2019 Medallion Status within 24 hours. Please be sure to select a bundle that gives you enough MQMs, MQSs and MQDs to reach the next Tier of Status.
- Members can purchase a minimum of 1,000 MQMs and 3 MQSs or up to a maximum of 12,500 MQMs and 18 MQSs. The dollar amount spent on MQMs and MQSs will be credited to your MQDs balance.
Who is eligible:
- All Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion Members are eligible for Elevate Your Status, unless they received complimentary Status for a Tier above the Tier they earned Status for. For example, if a Member is given complimentary Gold Medallion Status, but earned Silver Medallion Status through the published requirements, he or she is ineligible for Elevate Your Status.
- General SkyMiles Members must be within range to reach Silver Medallion Status by purchasing the maximum bundle of MQMs, MQSs and MQDs, in order to be eligible to participate. For example, if a Member only has 12,000 MQMs, he or she will not be eligible because the maximum amount of MQMs that can be earned through Elevate Your Status is 12,500 and the MQMs requirement for Silver Medallion Status is 25,000.
- As a reminder, Diamond Medallion Members are ineligible for Elevate Your Status because Diamond Medallion Members have already reached the highest Tier of Medallion Status.
Have questions about Elevate Your Status? Visit our Elevate Your Status FAQs page to learn more.
DECEMBER 5, 2018
CLEAR Now Open in Several New Airports
CLEAR helps customers speed through security with the touch of a finger or blink of an eye, and is now available at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). 27 airports now offer CLEAR security lanes, including Atlanta (ATL), Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX), Minneapolis (MSP), New York (JFK T2 & T4 and LGA), Salt Lake City (SLC) and Seattle (SEA). See the full list of locationsopens in a new window.
As a reminder, SkyMiles Members receive exclusive rates on CLEAR memberships:
- Diamond Medallion Members: Complimentary annual membership ($179 annual savings)
- Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion Members: $79 annual membership ($100 annual savings)
- Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members: $79 annual membership ($100 annual savings)
- General SkyMiles Members: $99 annual membership ($80 annual savings)
All SkyMiles program rules apply. Visit Membership Guide & Program Rules for SkyMiles exclusive rate offer terms.
All CLEAR terms and conditions apply and are available at www.clearme.comopens in a new window