PROTECT YOUR DATA
Over the years, Delta has received reports of attempts by parties not affiliated with us to fraudulently gather customer information in a number of ways including: fraudulent emails, social media sites, postcards, Gift Card promotional websites claiming to be from Delta Air Lines and letters or prize notifications promising free travel. These messages were not sent by Delta Air Lines. We do not market to our customers this way, but individuals or groups intending to gather and use your personal data for their gain can be inventive in their approach – often adding messages to generate a sense of urgency so you take action.
Some messages may claim that you have purchased a Delta ticket, a credit card has been charged, order has been completed, an invoice/receipt is attached to an email or website may offer free flights for following or liking an account. If you see or receive one of these messages, do not open attachments as they may contain potentially dangerous viruses or harm your computer.
Be assured that Delta did not send these messages, and our customers’ credit cards have not been charged by Delta as a result of the emails. These messages did not originate from Delta, nor do we believe that any personal information that you provided us was used.
If you have been contacted this way, please be advised of the following security and data protection best practices to guard your personal information:
- Change your SkyMiles account password immediately and monitor your account for any misuse if you believe someone other than yourself has access to this information.
Your password on delta.com must contain:
- 8-20 characters
- 1 number and 1 letter
- 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter
- The "@" symbol
- Your SkyMiles number, email or username
- More than three special characters
- You should not click on links in such email messages or unofficial pages, nor open any attachments if the message asks you for personal information. If you receive one of these messages via email, you should delete it from your inbox and disregard the website promotional claims.
- You should not use the same password across multiple websites that contain your personal information, particularly if it is used to make a purchase of any type.
Official Delta Air Lines pages can be found at:
- www.facebook.com/deltaopens in a new window
- www.facebook.com/deltaairlinesbrasilopens in a new window
- www.twitter.com/deltaopens in a new window
- www.twitter.com/deltanewsroomopens in a new window
- www.twitter.com/deltaajudaopens in a new window
- www.google.com/+deltaopens in a new window
- www.youtube.com/DeltaAirLinesopens in a new window
- www.pinterest.com/deltaairlinesopens in a new window
- www.linkedin.com/company/delta-air-linesopens in a new window
- http://takingoff.delta.com/opens in a new window
- Find us on Instagram @delta
We will continue to post updates on this page as additional information becomes available.