OUR HOME IN QUEENS IS GETTING A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR UPGRADE
Delta is committed to New York which is why we are partnering with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to replace Terminals C and D at New York’s LaGuardia Airport with a state-of-the-art facility, providing customers with an exceptional travel experience. Construction is underway, here is what you need to know:
Traffic and Parking
If you’re traveling to the airport, here’s what you need to know.
Visit LaGuardiaAirport.com for frequent updates on traffic and parking. LaGuardia travelers are urged to allow 30 minutes to an hour of extra travel time and use mass transit.
If you are traveling by car
- Should you encounter heavy traffic on the Grand Central Parkway on your way to LaGuardia, the following alternate route is suggested to reach Terminals C and D (see map).
- If traveling eastbound on the GCP:
- Take exit 9E.
- Keep right, follow signs for Worlds Fair Marina/National Tennis Center/Flushing Meadows Corona Park/Citi Field.
- Turn right at first light onto Shea Rd.
- Drive under the overpass and turn left, following the signs to Grand Central Parkway West and to LaGuardia Airport.
- Traveling on the GCP Westbound, take Exit 7 to access Terminals C and D.
If you are parking at LGA
Use the long-term parking lot P10 at a reduced rate of $18 per day.
If picking up a traveler, use cell phone lot in P5 since it’s free for 3 hours.
Please be advised of the following lot closures and changes
- Lots P2 and P3 are closed.
- Lots P4, P5 and new long-term lot P10, are accessible to Terminals B, C and D.
For the most up to date information, please visit the Official LGA Website.
If you are taking public transportation
- The Q70 bus, MTA’s LaGuardia Link, connects the airport to the 74th and Roosevelt Ave. station with connections to the 7, E, F, M, R subway trains.
- The M60 at 125th Street offers connections to Metro North and the 4, 5, 6 and A, B, C, D subway trains.
POST-CONSTRUCTION IMPROVEMENTS FOR CUSTOMERS
Upgrading Our Home In Queens
Delta's new, state-of-the-art terminal at LaGuardia will consist of 37 gates located on four concourses connected by a centralized check-in lobby, security checkpoint, and baggage claim. Of the 37 gates, 33 will have access to dual taxi lanes, which will greatly improve airfield efficiency, resulting in reduced taxi time to and from the gate before take-off and after landing.
The terminal will feature a new, larger Delta Sky Club® with a Sky Deck™, wider concourses, larger gate holdrooms and more seating, as well as more concessions space than the existing Terminals C and D. The facility will also offer direct access between the parking garage and terminal, improved roadways and drop-off/pick-up areas, and a curbside check-in bypass leading directly into the security checkpoint. The design of the new terminal will integrate sustainable technologies and improvements in energy efficiency.