Delta's nine global partners are working diligently with their respective government agencies, health officials and aviation authorities to offer regular updates as this situation evolves.
Nothing is more important to Delta and our partner airlines across the globe than the health and safety of our customers and employees. We continue to work closely to align and evolve our flexible booking policies and safety measures for every step of the travel process, so that our customers can feel confident about reserving a trip and about their well-being when traveling with us.
Just as Delta has introduced measures with a focus on providing booking flexibility, transforming the industry standard of aircraft cleanliness and providing timely information, our partners have also introduced measures to ensure that customers enjoy a hassle-free, seamless and safe experience from start to finish, with regular updates posted on their websites as service returns.
You can book your travel with confidence.
When booking with Delta, customers have greater flexibility when traveling on our partners. Each airline has detailed information about this on their website (links below), as well as any flight schedule changes or route updates.
Thorough aircraft cleaning and sanitization measures are in place to enhance customer safety.
All of our partners have complemented existing high standards of maintenance and cleaning procedures by introducing additional measures to ensure hygienic conditions on board. Here are some of the things the airlines are doing to ensure your safety throughout the travel journey.
- Cleaning aircraft using a high-grade disinfecting product that has been tested to be effective against viruses
- Strict hygiene measures are in place with the thorough cleaning of all customer contact surfaces such as the galleys, lavatories, tray tables, seat armrests and headrests, seatbelt buckles, the power supply unit panel, overhead bin door latches and lavatory door handles and hand sanitizer is also being supplied throughout the travel journey
- All partner aircraft have High Efficiency Particulate Air Filters (HEPA) in their aircraft air circulation systems that removes dust, allergens, bacteria, viruses and other particles from air in pressurized cabins and cockpits along with introducing filtered air into the cabin every two to six minutes – HEPA has a particle removal efficiency of 99.99 percent and has similar performance to the type of filters used in hospital operating rooms and other sensitive environments
- Measures are in place to give customers and employees more space for safer travel
- Like Delta, many partners are requiring all customers and employees to wear a face covering throughout the travel journey
Where to learn more.
Each partner airline is regularly updating their website with the latest information:
Aeromexico, opens in a new window
China Eastern, opens in a new window
KLM, opens in a new window
Korean Air, opens in a new window
LATAM, opens in a new window
Virgin Atlantic, opens in a new window
Virgin Australia, opens in a new window
WestJet, opens in a new window