Important SkyMiles® & Medallion® Member 2021 Updates
When you’re ready to fly again, we want to ensure that you continue to enjoy and experience the travel and benefits you know and love. Knowing that coronavirus has impacted travel for many, and even more so for our most loyal Medallion Members, your 2020 Medallion Status has been extended an additional year through January 31, 2022 – this extension should already be reflected in your account.
Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members who received extended Status will be able to select 2021 Choice Benefits beginning February 1, 2021.
Current Delta 360°™ Members will be able to enjoy their exclusive membership in our annual, invite-only program for an additional year, through January 31, 2022.
In addition to extending 2020 Status, we’ve extended the following benefits:
- Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs): Exclusive to Delta and special for this year, all Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) from 2020 will roll over into 2021, giving you even more of a jump start on earning toward 2022 Status. MQMs can be earned on flights flown with Delta and our airline partners or through spend on your eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Card. 2020 Rollover MQMs will begin posting in your account on January 3, 2021 and will be complete by approximately January 31, 2021.
- Global & Regional Upgrade Certificates or $200 Travel Vouchers selected via Choice Benefits, with an original expiration date between March 1 and June 30, 2020, can be booked and flown by December 31, 2020.
- SkyMiles Members with Upgrade Certificates or $200 Travel Vouchers stored in My Profile as of April 5, 2020, and that expire after June 30, 2020, have also received an additional six months beyond the original expiration date to use.
- Delta Sky Club Individual and Executive Memberships active as of March 1, 2020 have been extended through June 30, 2021. If a Membership expires later than June 30, 2021, that expiration date will remain the same.
- All unused Medallion drink vouchers were extended six months from their expiration date.
Exclusive to Delta and special for this year, all SkyMiles Members, whether or not you have Medallion Status, will rollover all MQMs in your account at the end of 2020. This, plus any MQMs earned in 2021, will get you closer to 2022 Medallion Status. 2020 Rollover MQMs will begin posting in your account on January 3, 2021 and will be complete by approximately January 31, 2021. Learn more about what it means to experience the Medallion difference.
MQMs can be earned on flights flown with Delta and our airline partners or through spend on your eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Card.
If you have one of the following Delta SkyMiles American Express Card benefits in My Profile, we have extended the expiration dates to give you additional time to enjoy your benefits through 2021.
- Delta SkyMiles Gold Card Members who earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit January 1 to November 30, 2020 will have the expiration date extended to December 31, 2021.
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Reserve Card Members with unused Companion Certificates as of September 1, 2020 or Companion Certificates issued September 1 to November 30, 2020 will have the expiration date extended to book and fly by December 31, 2021.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card Members with Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes issued January 1 to November 30, 2020 will have the expiration dates extended to December 31, 2021.
We are continuously monitoring how coronavirus impacts travel and will make additional adjustments to support your needs as the pandemic evolves.
Additional Information on the Extensions
- 2020 Medallion Members have received a full-year extension of their current Medallion Status – this means that if you have not requalified for the same Tier or earned a higher Tier on your own by the end of the Medallion Year, your current 2020 Status will be extended through January 31, 2022. This also includes Members that were gifted Medallion Status from another Member through Choice Benefits, or anyone who was given complimentary Medallion Status through their employer or who successfully completed a Status Match, Reclaim My Status, or other Medallion Status challenge or promotion that offered Medallion Status for 2020.
- If a Member earns Diamond or Platinum Medallion Status for the 2021 Medallion Year on their own through the required flight activity and spend, they can select Choice Benefits when a Member earns that Status. If a current Diamond and Platinum Medallion Member does not earn Diamond or Platinum Medallion Status again on their own by the end of 2020, they will be able to select their 2021 Choice Benefits when the 2021 Medallion year begins on February 1, 2021. All 2021 Choice Benefit selections must be made by January 31, 2022.
- All SkyMiles Members will be able to roll over all MQMs that they have at the end of 2020 into 2021. These MQMs will be counted toward earning 2022 Medallion Status. This includes MQMs from travel and any Status Boosts from your Delta SkyMiles American Express Platinum or Reserve Card, and any MQMs you rolled over from 2019 to 2020 – all MQMs in the account at the end of 2020. For example, if you rolled over 20,000 MQMs from 2019 to 2020 and earned an additional 20,000 MQMs in 2020, your final balance on December 31, 2020 would be 40,000 MQMs, and all 40,000 will be rolled over and counted toward earning 2022 Medallion Status. If you have 5,000 MQMs in your account on December 31, 2020, all 5,000 will be rolled over and counted toward earning 2022 Medallion Status.
Delta Sky Club Membership
- Delta Sky Club Individual and Executive Memberships active as of March 1, 2020 will be extended to June 30, 2021.
- If a Membership expires later than June 30, 2021 following the extension announced on April 5, 2020, that expiration date will remain the same.
- This does not include Memberships or Guest Passes selected as a 2020 Choice Benefit, as those Memberships were previously extended six months, through July 31, 2021.
- Diamond Medallion Members can reselect a Delta Sky Club Membership or Guest Pass as a 2021 Choice Benefit beginning on February 1, 2021 as part of the Medallion Status extension. If a Member earns Diamond Medallion Status on their own through qualifying spend and flight activity, they can select their Choice Benefits upon earning Status. Delta Sky Club Memberships and Guest Passes selected as a 2021 Choice Benefit will expire on January 31, 2022.
- The extension will go into effect immediately after the Member's current membership expires. Members will be able to find their new expiration date in My SkyMiles, but even if the membership card is temporarily displaying incorrectly, rest assured that extensions will be honored and there is no need to call.
- Please also keep in mind that some Delta Sky Club locations are temporarily closed , or are offering grab & go style food offerings with our full premium bar program. You can find the latest news on Delta Sky Club operations on our Coronavirus Update Center.