Blocking Seats for More Space On Board
We’re blocking middle seats and limiting the total number of passengers on board.
Delta is extending its commitment to block middle or select aisle seats and implementing the following changes for Delta-operated flights departing now through April 30, 2021:
- On aircraft with middle seats: We will block the selection of middle seats in Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin for parties of 1-2 and parties of 3+ can continue selecting seats together
- On aircraft without any middle seats: We will block the selection of one aisle of seats on smaller aircraft
- Blocking adjacent seats in First Class*
- Limiting the total number of passengers on board
- On select routes where customer demand is high, we will look for opportunities to upgrade to larger aircraft or add more flying to promote space on board
- Boarding by row, starting from the rear of the aircraft to the front – Delta One, First Class and Diamond Medallion customers may board at any point during the boarding process
- Tip: Blocked, occupied, available and unavailable seats are visible for every flight in our seat maps when booking, in My Trips, or on the Fly Delta app. Check the seat map as the seat adjacent to yours may be occupied.
*Delta One cabins with two aisles will have no capacity limitation. Parties of 2 in the First Class cabin and in any Delta One cabin with one aisle may select seats together.