U.S. COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements for International Travel
U.S. Entry Requirements
COVID-19 testing is not required for most travelers entering or connecting through the U.S. Travelers who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are still required to complete an attestation confirming they are fully vaccinated and contact tracing will remain in place for everyone. In some cases, testing may be required based on the origin of your trip.
Important Details to Know:
- All travelers must provide contact tracing information or will be denied boarding in accordance with the CDC order
- Travelers who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents must also provide proof of vaccination and complete an attestation confirming they are fully vaccinated
- “Fully vaccinated” is defined as 14 days after receiving one dose of a single-dose vaccine or 14 days after receiving the second dose of a 2-dose vaccine
- Accepted vaccines include J&J (Janssen), Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Covishield, BIBP/Sinopharm and Sinovac
- Customers can provide health documentation prior to check-in for digital verification with Delta FlyReadySM
- View our Delta Discover Map to review entry requirements for a specific destination
Under U.S. federal law, the required attestation form is only for Non-U.S. Citizens/Nonimmigrants, which states that all customers on any aircraft departing from a foreign destination and arriving in or connecting through the U.S. must attest to being fully vaccinated or qualifying for an exception. U.S. citizens and permanent residents are not required to complete the attestation.
Each Non-U.S. Citizen/Nonimmigrant customer must provide a separate attestation. A parent or other authorized individual may attest on behalf of children ages 17 and under, but should select the exempt option for children under the age of 2. Non-U.S. citizens and nonimmigrants must complete and sign the attestation form electronically through Delta FlyReady or by printing the paper version.
We are continuously monitoring safety and security protocols to ensure you have the latest information for your destination's specific entry and exit requirements.
We strongly encourage you to review the latest travel requirements and restrictions to learn more about current travel restrictions and for resources to help you arrive prepared. Please also confirm any requirements for connecting airport destinations if applicable to your itinerary.