Get the Most Out of SkyMiles®
It’s easy to turn your everyday into anywhere by earning miles with the brands you know and love. Watch your miles add up faster when you book accommodations, request rides, shop, dine and more.
All SkyMiles Members
- Get the latest offers: Be sure to opt-in to our SkyMiles Partner emails to stay up to date on the latest deals and opportunities to earn more miles.
- Partner airlines: In addition to earning miles on qualifying tickets with Delta - earn miles when you fly with any of our 20+ partner airlines.
- Delta SkyMiles American Express Card: Watch your miles add up quicker when you find the right Delta SkyMiles Amex Card for you. In addition to many rewarding benefits, earn more miles on everyday purchases. Terms Apply.
- Hotel & Airbnb: Get miles while you sleep. Earn miles for stays with our hotel partners and Airbnb.
- Car partners: You're on the move – and your miles should be too. Drive away with more miles any time you use one of our car rental, limo or shuttle partners.
- Lyft: Ride rewarded by earning unlimited miles on every ride with our partner, Lyft, opens in a new window.
- Dining: When you sign up for SkyMiles Dining, opens in a new window, you can earn up to 5 miles for every dollar you spend dining at participating restaurants – including tax and tip.
- Shopping: With SkyMiles Shopping, opens in a new window, you can earn miles for shopping at your favorite stores online.
Check Back for Bonus Miles: Keep in mind – partners often have limited time offers. Check our SkyMiles Offers page regularly for ways to earn bonus miles.
- Hertz car rentals: Earn 1,300+ miles every time you rent a car from Hertz by simply booking your rental at delta.com
Every mile you earn brings you closer to all the places you want to go. Turn them into your next trip or so many other rewards. And since miles don't expire, there’s no stopping your curiosity.
Find the best deals on Award Travel
- Get the latest offers: Be sure to subscribe to Delta emails in My Profile — you’ll be the first to know about the latest offers.
- How to search for deals:
- With the ability to search up to 5 weeks at a time – easily compare prices and find the best deal for your Award Trip
- Check prices often — they can change frequently.
- Find more flights by using Advanced Search to search “Delta & Partner Airlines” to connect to 1,000+ destinations that you can go to with your miles
- When to book Award Travel:
- You will likely find the lowest award prices at least 30 days before departure for domestic travel and 60 days before departure for international
- Award prices are highest during peak travel days and seasons, holidays and special events
- Find miles-friendly options during off-peak periods and days, such as Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Get inspired: Follow #SkyMilesLife, opens in a new window on Instagram and check out experiences from real SkyMiles Members to help you plan for your next adventure.
- Find the latest deals right now: We've compiled our latest SkyMiles deals, opens in a new window on one page and update it constantly—be sure to keep checking back for some of the best deals you can get with your miles.
- How to get going sooner: Not enough miles for your dream trip? Use Miles + Cash and book an Award Ticket with a combination of miles and money.
Use Miles for So Much More
- Upgrade Your Seat: Fly completely comfortable when you use your miles to upgrade your seat to a premium cabin experience. Do it yourself while you’re booking your flight or after you have already booked in My Trips on delta.com or the Fly Delta app.
- Delta Sky Club®: Relax and unwind before your flight when you use your miles to purchase a membership to the Delta Sky Club. Plus, once inside, use miles to treat yourself to a premium drink at THE BAR at Delta Sky Club.
- Donate: Make a difference with your miles when you donate to any of our SkyWish charities.
- SkyMiles Experiences®: Get VIP access that money can't buy – including luxury vacations, exclusive sports experiences and celebrity events – when you bid on SkyMiles Experiences, opens in a new window auctions using your miles.
- Newspapers and magazines: Never miss a headline – use your miles to subscribe to your favorite newspapers, opens in a new window and magazines, opens in a new window.
- Delta Vacations®: Customize your next getaway with Delta Vacations by choosing from hundreds of destinations and endless activities. Then use miles to complete your booking. Learn more.
- Manage your travel experience: You can use miles instead of money for these products and services when calling Delta Reservations*:
*To take advantage of these options, contact Delta Reservations at 800-323-2323.
As a loyal Medallion Member, you get exclusive benefits — some of which only Delta offers. Learn how to get the most out of your Medallion Status and the benefits you enjoy.
Exclusive Medallion Member offers: Don’t miss out on offers that are only available to Medallion Members – be sure to opt-in to Delta emails in My Profile.
- Upgrade availability:
- Empty seats on the seat map do not always mean upgrades will be available at your window; they’re often held to accommodate last-minute bookings.
- Less busy flights (late evenings and Saturdays) and day-of holiday flights (e.g. Thanksgiving day) usually offer the most opportunities for upgrades
- Managing your upgrades:
- Enjoy more flexibility with two ways to manage your upgrades through the seat map:
- Opt in and get your Complimentary Upgrades automatically with the ability to change your seat through the seat map afterward, or
- Opt out and select your upgrades yourself, giving you the ability to only upgrade if your exact desired seat is available (if you are getting Delta Comfort+ upgrades to seats that you don’t prefer, we recommend this option)
- If you aren’t opted in for automatic Delta Comfort+ Upgrades, you can request a Delta Comfort+ upgrade to any available seat or just a window/aisle seat when checking in for a flight at delta.com or an airport kiosk.
- If you are opted in for automatic Delta Comfort+ Upgrades, you can select your Seat Preferences for Delta Comfort+ Complimentary Upgrades on an eligible future flight if you were not already cleared into Delta Comfort+. Learn more about Complimentary Upgrades and selecting Seat Preferences for Comfort+, opens in a new window.
- Enjoy more flexibility with two ways to manage your upgrades through the seat map:
- Waiting for your upgrade to clear:
- Checked-in and still on the upgrade list? You’ll automatically be transferred to the upgrade standby list, which is cleared at the gate. More Members may be added to this list as they check in for the flight.
- Use the Fly Delta app to view your position on the upgrade list once you check in
- Many factors can impact your place on the list — check out the clearance priority overview.
- Next on the list? We’ll do our best to upgrade you when an upgrade becomes available – even if you have already boarded — but please understand our first priority is an on-time departure
- Traveling with companions:
- Medallion Members traveling with one companion will clear for Complimentary Upgrades based on the Status of the higher-Tiered Member, as long as the companion is a SkyMiles Member traveling in the same reservation.
- Companion Upgrades are available on paid tickets, Award Tickets, Miles + Cash tickets and Pay with Miles tickets but must be requested at delta.com during the booking process, afterwards in My Trips or during check-in.
Visit Medallion Upgrades for full details.
Choice Benefits – a Diamond & Platinum Medallion Exclusive
Are you a Diamond or Platinum Medallion Member? If so, you’re eligible for Choice Benefits that enable you to customize your benefits by what matters most to you – whether that is gaining access to the Delta Sky Club, upgrading to a premium cabin using Upgrade Certificates or donating miles to charity. Be sure to select your Choice Benefits by January 31st each year.
Upgrade Certificates – A Choice Benefit exclusively for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members
Global Global Upgrade Certificates, available exclusively for Diamond Medallion Members, offer upgrades on both international and domestic flights with Delta and select partner airlines.
Regional Upgrade Certificates, available for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members, offer upgrades on the same routes as Medallion Complimentary Upgrades, including all flights with First Class and the domestic Delta One experience.
- Searching for a seat upgrade?: Planning just got easier with a new delta.com feature. You can now check Upgrade Certificate availability for specific flights and cabin experiences while booking on delta.com before calling Delta Reservations to apply your Upgrade Certificate.
- Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members can check availability by:
- Logging in to delta.com
- Click “book” and enter a search for your desired flight and dates
- Availability based on cabin will be displayed below the flight details that lists the route and flight times
- You can click on the text to reveal more information on flight-specific availability
- Availability displayed on delta.com is subject to change, so be sure to call Reservations (1-800-323-2323 in the U.S. or view worldwide phone numbers) when you are ready to apply your Upgrade Certificate with the flight number and your certificate number, which can be found in My Profile under Certificates, eCredits and Vouchers.
- Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members can check availability by:
- A few things to keep in mind:
- Effective February 1, 2022 unused, active Upgrade Certificates will be subject to new Upgrade Certificate policies. Before applying your Upgrade Certificate, review the latest guidelines at delta.com/upgradecertificates.
- We take the number of passengers in your search into account when determining availability and will only show that an Upgrade Certificate is available to use if there is availability for your entire party.
- While availability for flights operated by our partner airlines won’t display on delta.com, a Delta Reservations specialist can still check for you.
- Upgrade availability isn’t always better in advance, and the seat map availability does not necessarily match upgrade availability. This means open seats in the seat map are not always eligible for upgrades, although they might still be available for purchase.
- This feature is currently only available on delta.com and is not available on the Fly Delta app.
- On the waitlist? While it’s possible for upgrade requests on the waitlist to be cleared before you get to the gate, it is more likely that they will be cleared at the gate prior to departure. Note that if you are on the waitlist along with multiple travel companions in your reservation, you will only be cleared if there is availability for your entire party; please keep this in mind when adding two or more travel companions to the waitlist. If your certificate doesn’t clear, it will be automatically reissued to your account. Learn more about Waitlisting.
- Wondering about a date or destination? Due to extremely high demand, fewer upgrades are available during peak days and times, such as holiday travel, and in certain markets with very long flight times, including Sydney, Tel Aviv, and Johannesburg.
- Finding flights: Upgrade Certificates can be used on any Delta-operated flight and select partner-operated flights.
- Traveling together: There is no limit to the number of travel companions you can upgrade with an Upgrade Certificate — even if you don’t need to use one for yourself.* In order to upgrade your companions, they must be flying in the same reservation or a linked reservation and each companion will require their own Certificate to be upgraded. To link your reservation, you can call Reservations at 1-800-323-2323 in the U.S. or view worldwide phone numbers. You can also make this request at the airport.
*When upgrading on Companion Certificates earned through the Delta SkyMiles Reserve or Platinum American Express Card, two Upgrade Certificates will be required to upgrade as the primary ticket holder and the companion must always travel in the same cabin.
- Enjoying priority:
- Upgrade Certificates will clear off the waitlist in order of Medallion Tier and then the day/time your request was added to the list.
- If you’re on the upgrade standby list, Upgrade Certificates receive higher priority than Medallion Complimentary Upgrade requests.
- Ticket eligibility: Upgrade Upgrade Certificates can be used on paid tickets*, Award Travel tickets and Miles + Cash tickets on Delta-operated flights, Pay with Miles tickets, Companion Certificates and tickets booked as a part of a Delta Vacations® package.
*Excludes tickets booked in Basic Economy.
- Redemption period: Any active, unused Upgrade Certificates selected on or before January 31, 2022 will expire January 31, 2023. Effective February 1, 2022 all newly selected Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates will expire at the end of the Medallion Year associated with that Choice Benefit selection. Certificates must be used on flights flown before the expiration date.
Speed through Security with CLEAR featuring preferred rates for SkyMiles Members.
- What’s CLEAR? CLEAR moves you through security in minutes with a touchless experience using your biometrics, such as eyes or face. Watch how CLEAR works, opens in a new window.
- Enroll today and receive SkyMiles Member-only pricing on your CLEAR membership (regularly $189 annually), thanks to Delta’s partnership with CLEAR:
- Diamond Medallion Members: Complimentary
- Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion Members & Delta SkyMiles American Express Card Members: $109 per year
- General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year
- CLEAR is now available at over 40, opens in a new window airports nationwide, including the following cities:
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Austin (AUS)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Birmingham (BHM)
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD & MDW)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Dallas (DAL & DFW)
- Denver (DEN)
- Detroit (DTW)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Houston (HOU & IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Nashville (BNA)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- New York (EWR, JFK, LGA, HPN)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Seattle (SEA)
- St. Louis (STL)
- Washington D.C. (DCA & IAD)
- West Palm Beach (PBI)
For terms and conditions of the benefits listed, click Show Additional Details.
Terms & Conditions
SkyMiles Program: All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, travel benefits and Medallion Benefits. To review the rules, visit Membership Guide & Program Rules.
Partner Offers & Airlines: Partner offers and partner airline benefits subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer and each partner. Partners are subject to change. Product offerings and benefits are subject to change and to applicable terms and conditions.
Amex: Terms apply visit Delta SkyMiles Amex Cards
Delta Sky Club: All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Delta Sky Club.
SkyWish: All SkyWish terms apply. Visit Donate Miles for details.
SkyMiles Experiences: All SkyMiles Experiences terms apply. For full terms and conditions, see the SkyMiles Experiences User Agreement, opens in a new window
SkyMiles Shopping: Terms of mileage offers from SkyMiles Shopping, opens in a new window merchants may vary; terms and exclusions may apply. Please see the offer terms provided for your selected merchant.
SkyMiles Dining: Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit SkyMiles Dining, opens in a new window. Other limitations may apply. Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
Choice Benefits: All Choice Benefit terms and conditions apply. For full terms and conditions, visit Choice Benefits.
CLEAR: Effective September 1st, 2021, all SkyMiles members enrolled in CLEAR will renew at the above rates. This includes SkyMiles members who enrolled prior to April 5, 2019. This price change continues to offer significant savings compared to the standard CLEAR membership rate. To review the rules and Member-only pricing offer terms, please visit CLEAR in the Member Guide.