Rome Vacation Packages
Slide of :
- Spanish Steps Slide 1 of 3: One of Rome’s most popular attractions, the Spanish Steps, is a majestic Roman Baroque style staircase encircled by elegant hotels, upscale boutiques and chic cafes.
- St. Peter’s Basilica Slide 2 of 3: Dominating Rome’s skyline, St. Peter's Basilica houses sacred relics, the Vatican Museums and the world-famous Sistine Chapel.
- Trevi Fountain Slide 3 of 3: One of the most famous Baroque fountains in Italy, Trevi Fountain is where many believe the tradition of throwing a coin into the fountain assures your return to Rome.
Steeped in culture and ancient history, Rome is full of romance, mystery and adventure, just waiting to be revealed. This pulsating capital city vibrantly lives in the present, while powerfully retelling its past everywhere you look. Scattered among the famous treasures are colorful neighborhoods filled with Baroque fountains, Renaissance palazzos, quirky shops and delicious scents of Italian food.
Channel your inner gladiator with a visit to the Colosseum — a massive 1st-century amphitheater. Follow a winding lane to the base of the Spanish Steps, or turn a corner to discover the Pantheon — an ancient Roman temple. Sip cappuccino at a cafe while admiring the Pantheon, buy souvenirs at a centuries-old market, and throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain — all in one day.
Cross over the Tiber River Bridge to marvel at Castel Sant’Angelo on your way to St. Peter’s Basilica, the grand cathedral that is home to Michelangelo’s evocative Pieta sculpture. Don’t miss a visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, where you can feast your eyes on Roman Renaissance masterpieces by Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Bernini, Morandi and more.
Beyond the city limits, more wonders beckon. Fun day trips include ancient archaeological sites and glamorous island towns. In places like Pompeii, Capri, Assisi and Pisa, you can dive deep into ancient history, rich culture, world-famous cuisine and alluring landscapes. Delta Vacations also offers tours of Rome, including fully escorted walking tours, wine tastings and cooking lessons.
If you want to shop like a Roman, head to the Monti neighborhood, where narrow streets are lined with up-and-coming fashion boutiques and intricate jeweled clothing stores. Window shop along Via Condotti, where you’ll find some of the biggest names in Italian fashion, like Prada, Fendi, Armani, Versace and more. Other popular shopping areas include Via del Corso and Via Colo di Rienzo. And for outdoor markets, head to Porta Portese in the Trastevere neighborhood to find everything from antiques, music and trinkets.
With outdoor cafes, great pasta just about everywhere, local wines and delicious gelato, dining doesn’t get any better than in Rome. Perfected over centuries, Roman cuisine is simple and rustic. Eating out brings great pleasure to Italians, and for good reason. Join locals to dine on thin, crispy pizzas and mouth-watering pastas in neighborhood pizzerias and trattorias. Or, try one of many romantic al fresco settings for authentic Roman dishes like lasagna. Or, try one of many romantic al fresco settings for authentic dishes like cacio e pepe (traditional pasta dish). For nightlife, there’s a bar for every taste — from wine bars to trendy dance clubs.
Delta Vacations flight + hotel packages include round-trip airfare aboard a Delta Partner Airline to Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (FCO). Round-trip and one-way private car, minivan or van transfers from the airport to your hotel are available for purchase. Transfers are also available between Rome’s airport and the Civitavecchia Harbour. There is an express 30-minute train between the airport and Rome’s Termini Train Station, plus car rentals can be added to your package.
- Purchase any Delta Vacations flight and hotel package from any Delta Vacations origin in the U.S. or Canada to Delta Vacations destinations in Europe, South Africa and the Middle East, and book October 10 - December 14, 2022, for travel November 1, 2022 – March 31 2023.
- At time of reservation, you must refer to promotional code SMTATL22.
- Offer is valid on reservations that include a minimum of one flight on Delta Air Lines®, Service may be operated by Delta Air Lines®; the Delta Connection® carriers: Endeavor Air, Inc., Republic Airways and SkyWest; Delta Shuttle® carrier: Republic Airways; SkyTeam® partners: Aeromexico®, Air Europa, Air France, Airlinair, Air One, Air One City Liner, Bahamasair, BritAir, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, CSA Czech Airlines, KLM and Korean Airlines or codeshare partners: Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aerolitoral dba Aeromexico Connect, CAI Second, Aeromar, Austral Lineas Aereas dba Aerolineas Argentinas, BritAir dba Air France, CAIone, City Jet dba Air France LATAM Airlines Group, LATAM Colombia, LATAM Brazil, LATAM Peru, LATAM Paraguay, LATAM Ecuador, Paranair, Hawaiian Airlines, Hop! Dba Air France, Kenyan Airways, Joon Airlines, KLM CityHopper, Privilege Style, Regional CAE dba Air France, Silver Air, Shanghai Airlines, Transavia Airlines, Travel Service dba China Southern, Virgin Atlantic International, Aer Lingus dba Virgin Atlantic Little Red, Virgin Australia International, Virgin Australia Limited NZ dba Virgin Australia, VLM Airlines, WestJet, and WestJet Encore; Partners: Air Tahiti, British Airways (only within South Africa), ITA Airways.
- The hotel discount is based on the standard room charges of each of the participating hotels in Europe, South Africa and the Middle East.
- Minimum 2-night hotel stay required.
- No minimum purchase amount required. Package purchase includes flight and hotel; or flight, hotel and car rental, plus any optional activities.
- Discount is $50 off bookings of up to $1,999; $100 off bookings of $2,000-$3,999; $200 off bookings of $4,000 - $6,999 and $400 off bookings of $7,000 or more.
- Maximum discount is $400 off per booking; discount is a percentage of each eligible land component.
- Additional baggage charges for checked luggage may apply, as well as any applicable hotel/resort fees or departure taxes collected by hotel/resort/airport at destination.
- Offer is not applicable to airfare; Globus family of brands including Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon packages; for groups of 10 or more people; and is not retroactive.
- Must be purchased through Delta Vacations.
- Offer applies to qualified passengers only. Children staying free in room do not qualify for discount.
- Offer will recalculate if modifications are made to the booking.
- Offer does not apply to taxes, fees and carrier-imposed surcharges.
- No refunds will be issued toward offer. Offer has no cash value. Offer void if qualifying booking is canceled.
- Programs and availability may vary. Delta Vacations flight reservations may be made up to 331 days in advance of flight departure.
- Delta Vacations must issue all airline tickets.
- Standard Terms and Conditions apply and are outlined during the booking process; other restrictions may apply.
- Delta Vacations is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules and reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- All SkyMiles Program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Delta Vacations airfares will earn Medallion® Qualification Dollars (MQDs – U.S.-based members only) based on fare class and distance flown. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion Status or Million Miler™ Status. Offers void where prohibited by law. Offers subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Promotional code will always be validated and appropriate discount will be deducted if terms and conditions are met.
- Via the Internet:
Enter promotional code SMTATL22 in the Promo Code/eCertificate box on the Booking page.
- Via Customer Engagement Center or Travel Advisor:
At time of reservation, you must refer to promotional code SMTATL22.