VENICE VACATION PACKAGES
Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE)
Positioned in Italy’s northern Veneto region along the Adriatic Sea, Venice is a never-ending maze of winding cobblestone streets and tiny courtyards linked by arched bridges and sprinkled with cafes, restaurants and souvenir shops. What was once a wealthy trading center between Europe and the Orient is now one of the most captivating cities in the world.
Catch A Glimpse Of Heaven On Earth
From glorious architecture to epic grandeur, this floating, fairy-tale city is drenched in dream-like beauty. From the Doge’s Palace arches to the lagoon lights at night, there are plenty of reasons to love Venice. Glide in a gondola along the Grand Canal, while admiring the palaces along the banks, or float under the Bridge of Sighs at sunset for the ultimate romantic experience.
Take a leisurely stroll around Piazza San Marco and across the iconic Rialto Bridge. Climb Doge’s Palace’s Golden Stairs to marvel at 800 years of architecture, 85,000 square-feet of mosaics and galleries filled with legendary masterpieces from the Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman and Italian eras.
In addition to the stunning waterways and romantic atmosphere, Venice also hosts an impressive range of unique stores. From Venetian lace and glassware to jewelry and international fashion, this magical city is the place to go for one-of-a-kind treasure hunting.
For an authentic local dining experience, try a cicchetti pub crawl — consisting of appetizers that line the counters of little pubs all over town, usually at the end of each workday. It’s a great way to savor local fare while mingling with Venetians. Try deep-fried mozzarella cheese, gorgonzola, calamari, artichoke hearts and more. Wash it down with a small glass of house red or white wine, or try fragolino (a local sweet wine) accompanied by a biscotto (little cookie).
Plan Your Venice Escape
Bundle and book your Venice flight and hotel vacation with Delta Vacations to receive the flexibility, benefits and service you deserve. Your choice of accommodations include a lavish hotel and spa on the tip of Giudecca island, a Venetian 16th-century palace on the Grand Canal and a boutique property situated three minutes from St. Mark’s Square.
Venice has a reputation for being one of the most romantic places in Italy, and lovers from all over the globe head to this majestic city. From astounding architectural wonders to the beauty of the Grand Canal, the setting is perfect for a dreamy Delta Vacations Honeymoon or romantic getaway. Select properties offer unique inclusions and fantastic honeymoon amenities.
Round-trip transfers between the airport and your hotel are not included with your package, but a private boat transfer or a shared motor launch transfer from the airport to your hotel is available to purchase. Plan for additional fun and adventure, by adding an unforgettable private gondola ride or Murano tour to your package.
Venice is a car-free city, so if you’re arriving by car, you’ll need to park in one of the municipal lots where parking fees apply. If arriving by train, make sure your ticket goes all the way to Santa Lucia; Mestre station is on the mainland. Travel time from Rome is about five hours, three hours from Florence and three hours from Milan.
In Venice, you’ll have to walk or take a boat to get around. Boats come in various sizes and fares.
- Vaporettos or water buses, provide frequent and inexpensive transportation. Multi-day passes are available. Vaporetto No. 1 travels up and down the Grand Canal, and is a great scenic ride. Get a seat up front to enjoy the view.
- Traghettos are gondola-style ferries that provide transportation across the Grand Canal from seven different points. They are the least expensive (and shortest) gondola ride, and can save a ton of walking.
- Gondolas are the symbol of Venice. Make sure to agree on the price beforehand; the prices are supposedly fixed, but bargaining will hopefully get you a better price. Gondolas can be rented for just two people or shared with up to five others for a less expensive ride. Be sure to tell the gondolier that you want to see the smaller canals.
- Private water taxis, or motoscafo, are very expensive, and often don’t have meters. Be sure to agree on the price before starting out, and ask if there is an additional charge for luggage or late hours.
Special Deals & Offers
Why Delta Vacations?
- Save when you bundle & book
- Customize your vacation package to 300+ destinations
- Earn up to 7,500 bonus miles
- Redeem miles toward the cost of your vacation or a flight upgrade
- Enjoy flexible payment options including 24-hour holds, deposits and more
- Have peace of mind with Travel Protection Plans
- Experience expert service and support with our U.S.-based Customer Engagement Center