With SkyMiles, every trip and purchase can bring you closer to the next place on your travel wish list. Earn miles for flying and everyday activities, then use miles toward travel on any Delta Air Lines flight or toward a Delta Vacations® package with no blackout dates or for rewards like upgrades, premium drinks at Delta Sky Club® and once in a lifetime experiences.
With select Delta SkyMiles® American Express Cards, you can earn miles, check your first bag free‡, enjoy Priority Boarding‡ and more. Choose the card that’s right for you.
Earn & Use Miles That Don't Expire
Earn More Miles with a Delta SkyMiles American Express Card
Benefits for Medallion Members
Our most-loyal Members deserve an elevated travel experience. That’s why SkyMiles Members can earn towards Medallion Status, which offers exclusive benefits and service that help you travel well. A few of the many benefits include:
Sit Up Front
Multiply Your Miles
Each Day Means More Miles
SkyMiles News & Updates
SkyMiles is constantly listening to Member feedback and making changes to improve our program. Important updates will be announced here.
Beginning April 1, 2020, SkyMiles Members will enjoy a new way to earn and use miles when traveling on Delta’s newest Core Global Airline Partner, LATAM. Here is what you can expect:
- Earn miles on all LATAM flights
- Use miles to book Award Travel on any LATAM flight
In addition, in the coming months, Medallion Members can expect updates on elite benefits when flying on LATAM.
We are thrilled to begin this journey with LATAM, carrying more passengers between North and South America than any other partnership and creating a more seamless travel experience for our Members while doing so.
Learn more about the new Delta and LATAM airline partnership.
CLEAR helps customers speed through security with the touch of a finger or blink of an eye and is now available at O’Hare International Airport (ORD) T2, Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM), Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) and Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). 32 airports now offer CLEAR security lanes, including Atlanta (ATL), Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX), Minneapolis (MSP), New York (JFK T2 & T4 and LGA), Salt Lake City (SLC) and Seattle (SEA). See the full list of locations.
As a reminder, SkyMiles Members receive preferred rates on CLEAR memberships:
- Diamond Medallion Members: Complimentary annual membership ($179 annual savings)
- Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion Members: $109 annual membership ($70 annual savings)
- Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members: $109 annual membership ($70 annual savings)
- General SkyMiles Members: $119 annual membership ($60 annual savings)
All SkyMiles program rules apply. Visit Membership Guide & Program Rules for SkyMiles preferred rate offer terms.
All CLEAR terms and conditions apply and are available at www.clearme.com, opens in a new window
Beginning on flights on or after January 1, 2020, SkyMiles Members will no longer earn miles on China Southern flights that are marketed1, Go to footer note or operated1, Go to footer note by SkyTeam partner airlines. SkyMiles Members flying with China Southern will continue earning miles only on the following flights:
- China Southern-marketed/China Southern-operated
- Delta-marketed/China Southern-operated
- China Southern-marketed/Delta-operated
These changes are due to China Southern’s exit from the SkyTeam Airline Alliance on January 1, 2019. China Southern will continue to be a Delta Global Airline Partner and Medallion Member’s benefits on China Southern will not change.
Learn more about how to earn miles on China Southern and our other partner airlines.
1 How do I know if a flight is marketed or operated by Delta or a partner?
- The marketing carrier is determined by the two letter airline code in the flight number. For example, DL2368 is marketed by Delta and CZ238 is marketed by China Southern.
- The operating carrier for a flight indicates which airline flies the plane. For example, a China Southern-operated flight means the flight will be on a China Southern aircraft.
2019 Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) will begin posting on January 6, 2020 and will be complete by approximately January 10th. For any questions or concerns around your 2019 Rollover MQMs, please reach out to your designated Medallion phone line.
Learn more about Rollover MQMs, opens in a new window.
You asked, and we listened. As a Medallion Member opted in1, Go to footer note, to Delta Comfort+ Complimentary Upgrades, you can now select your Delta Comfort+ Seat Preferences on delta.com or the Fly Delta app for an upcoming flight.
If you are traveling by yourself and you haven’t already been cleared to Delta Comfort+ in your designated clearance window2, Go to footer note, here’s how to select your Delta Comfort+ Complimentary Upgrade Seat Preferences on an upcoming flight:
- Find your reservation in My Trips at delta.com or in the Fly Delta app (make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the Fly Delta app).
- Request a Delta Comfort+ Upgrade and check the “Upgrade Preferences” box.
- Then, check both boxes for “Request upgrade” and “Only upgrade if my Seat Preferences are available.”
- Select your Preferences: aisle, middle or window.
- If you have multiple segments in your trip, click “Apply to All Segments of the Trip” to save your Seat Preferences for each segment.
- Confirm your Seat Preferences. Once your Preferences are set, you will be upgraded to Delta Comfort+ for your upcoming flight if your selected Seat Preferences are available.3, Go to footer note,
For now, the new Seat Preferences are only available when you are traveling alone on a Delta-operated flight (a flight on a Delta aircraft). In addition, Seat Preferences cannot be updated or changed once checked-in for a flight.
Be on the lookout for future updates as we are continuously working on improvements to create a better upgrade experience for our Medallion Members!
1. If you’ve never set Upgrade Preferences in your SkyMiles profile before, your settings default to being opted out of automatic upgrades to Delta Comfort+, so make sure you are opted in to enjoy Complimentary Upgrades. Selecting your Delta Comfort+ Seat Preferences won’t change your global settings, and you’ll need to select your Delta Comfort+ Preferences every time you fly.
2. If your upgrade doesn’t clear right away once you are within your designated upgrade clearance window but seats are showing as available in the seat map, you can self-select your upgrade by visiting the seat map and choosing an open seat.
3. While our gate agents do their best to take set Seat Preferences into consideration, in some cases, manual upgrades made by a Delta gate agent may override Seat Preferences within 3 hours prior to the Member’s flight departure.
Through February 29th, 2020, eligible Members that are close to achieving Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion Status for the 2020 Medallion Year can reach that next Medallion Tier by participating in Elevate Your Status.
Elevate Your Status allows Members to purchase a bundle of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) and Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs – U.S.-based Members only) in order to achieve the next Tier of Medallion Status.
All Tiers of Medallion Status include:
- Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades
- Rollover MQMs – a Delta exclusive
- Complimentary Preferred Seats
- Higher mileage earn on flights
- Priority boarding
- Waived fees, including baggage fees
- Dedicated customer service phone lines
- Reclaim My Status
- And more. Learn about all Medallion Benefits at each Tier
How Elevate Your Status works:
- Members should know their current MQM, MQS and MQD balance before purchasing a bundle. If you need to check your balance, go to My SkyMiles or the SkyMiles section of the Fly Delta app.
- Eligible Members can visit delta.com/elevateyourstatus and log in to participate.
- Click “Purchase Now” to go through the easy steps to complete your transaction.
- Once you’ve completed your transaction, the MQMs, MQSs and MQDs will be added to your 2019 balance and apply towards your 2020 Medallion Status within 24 hours. Please be sure to select a bundle that gives you enough MQMs, MQSs and MQDs to reach the next Tier of Status.
Who is eligible:
- All Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion Members are eligible for Elevate Your Status, unless they received complimentary Status for a Tier above the Tier they earned Status for. For example, if a Member is given complimentary Gold Medallion Status, but earned Silver Medallion Status through the published requirements, he or she is ineligible for Elevate Your Status.
- General SkyMiles Members must be within range to reach Silver Medallion Status by purchasing the maximum bundle of MQMs, MQSs and MQDs, in order to be eligible to participate. For example, if a Member only has 12,000 MQMs, he or she will not be eligible because the maximum amount of MQMs that can be earned through Elevate Your Status is 12,500 and the MQMs requirement for Silver Medallion Status is 25,000.
- As a reminder, Diamond Medallion Members are ineligible for Elevate Your Status because Diamond Medallion Members have already reached the highest Tier of Medallion Status.
If you still have travel planned for 2019 and you’re not sure which bundle of MQMs/MQSs you might need, don’t worry! This offer lasts until February 29, 2020, so you can wait to purchase your bundle until you know your 2019 balance.
Have additional questions about Elevate Your Status? Visit our Elevate Your Status FAQs page to learn more.
SkyMiles Members can now use their miles for Award Tickets in Basic Economy in the United States, Canada and select Latin America & the Caribbean flights where Basic Economy is already available for purchase with money. Basic Economy is a value-driven option for Members who require less flexibility when traveling. When you purchase Basic Economy, you will typically enjoy our lowest fare, but please keep in mind you will not be eligible for:
- Advanced seat assignments
- Paid or Complimentary Upgrades
- Paid or Complimentary Preferred Seats
- Voluntary changes (including same-day standby confirmed or same-day standby travel changes), cancellations or refunds outside of the 24-Hr Risk Free Cancellation period, regardless of Medallion® Status
Medallion Members will continue to enjoy their free baggage benefits and priority boarding based on their Medallion Tier. Eligible SkyMiles Credit Card Members will continue to enjoy their First Checked Bag Free benefits and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
Explore all of the ways Members can use miles.
Upgrade Certificates, which are available exclusively for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members as a Choice Benefit, may now be used to upgrade on flights that are booked as a part of a Delta Vacations® package.
Go beyond the flight with Delta Vacations and create your ideal getaway including flight, hotel, car rental and more to over 300 destinations. Plus, you can take advantage of an exclusive offer for Medallion Members and save up to $300 on your next booking.
Learn more about using Upgrade Certificates with Delta Vacations.