GET TO KNOW MEDALLION STATUS
Discover Silver Medallion Benefits
When you reach Medallion Status, you unlock amazing benefits like Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Priority Boarding and waived baggage fees. Plus, enjoy benefits like a preferred rate on a CLEAR® Plus membership, Rollover MQMs and more.
With Silver, You Earn More
As you travel with Silver Medallion Status, you’ll earn more miles:
- 7 miles per dollar*(1)
Plus, the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) you earn above your Medallion Tier qualification threshold will roll over to the next qualification year to give you a jump start on earning Status again – this is known as “Rollover MQMs.” The Rollover MQMs benefit is exclusive to Delta, and only for our Medallion Members.
Here’s an example of how Rollover MQMs work: You reach Silver Medallion Status by earning 45,000 MQMs and $8,000 MQDs during the 2023 calendar year – giving you Status from the day you earn it through January 31, 2025. You only needed 25,000 MQMs to reach Silver and had enough MQDs for Gold, but didn’t quite hit the 50,000 MQMs needed to reach Gold. With Rollover MQMs, you’ll be able to rollover the 20,000 MQMs you earned above and beyond the Silver requirement, to your next year’s balance giving you a head start toward earning Status again for 2024. We’ll automatically rollover your MQMs by the end of January each year.
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One® Upgrades: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Day of departure
Unlimited Complimentary First Class Upgrades:
All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Unlimited Complimentary Delta Comfort+ Seat Access: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One, First Class & Delta Comfort+ Upgrades for a Companion: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash, Pay with Miles tickets and SkyMiles Companion Certificates(2)
Unlimited Complimentary Clase Premier Upgrades on select Aeromexico-operated flights. Learn more
Begins 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Complimentary Preferred Seats(2)(3)
- Enjoy your first checked bag free each way when traveling on a Delta or select airline partner flight. Up to 8 of your travel companions also receive their first checked bag free when traveling on a Delta flight. (4)
From check-in to boarding, move through the airport faster.
- Priority check-in (5)
- Preferred pricing on a CLEAR Plus membership so you can speed through security, only $149/annually (a $40 savings)(6)
- Priority Boarding, so you can be seated sooner(7)
Even when you’re not flying, enjoy elite benefits with Hertz® Car Rental.
- Earn 5 miles per $1* spent on qualifying rentals with Hertz(8)
- Five Star® Status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® program(9)
*Excludes taxes, fees, other incidental charges, or other booking charges or any element of the booking which is paid or reduced by redemption vouchers or discount codes.
As a Silver Medallion® Members get special access to a free 3-month trial of Instacart Express.(9) When you link your SkyMiles and Instacart accounts, not only will you earn 1.5 miles per dollar spent* on grocery orders as an Instacart Express Member, but you’ll enjoy even more benefits like no delivery fees, lower service fees and more.*
ENROLL TODAY, opens in a new window
*Terms Apply. Excludes taxes, tips and fees. Members without an active Instacart Express Membership are eligible for free trial. No delivery fees on orders over $35. Other fees, taxes and/or tips may apply. Trial renews into annual paid membership.
Priority Wait List
If the class of service preferred is not available when making a reservation, you'll receive priority waitlist status on paid tickets.
SkyTeam Elite Status
When you fly with any of the 20 SkyTeam partner airlines around the globe, you’ll be given SkyTeam Elite status, which offers benefits like Priority Boarding, Preferred Seats and more.
Phone Line Priority
When you contact a SkyMiles representative, you’ll be given call priority over General SkyMiles Members. You can reach a SkyMiles representative anytime at 1-800-323-2323 in the U.S., or contact us worldwide.
Exclusive Savings with
Reclaim My Status
(1) General SkyMiles Members earn 5 miles per dollar spent on tickets Main Cabin or above. Silver Medallion Members earn 2 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 7), Gold Medallion Members earn an additional 3 miles per dollar (for a total of 8), Platinum Medallion Members earn 4 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 9), and Diamond Medallion Members earn 6 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 11). *Ticket price eligible for mileage accrual includes base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees. Medallion mileage bonus per USD spent based on earned Medallion status at the time of travel. Effective for tickets purchased on or after December 9, 2021 for flights departing on or after January 1, 2022, Basic Economy tickets are not eligible to earn miles in the SkyMiles Program or earn credit towards Medallion Status.
(2) Basic Economy (E) fares are not eligible for: mileage accrual, earning towards Medallion Status, paid or complimentary upgrades; paid, complimentary or discounted Delta Comfort+, paid or complimentary Preferred Seats; and are not eligible to make same-day confirmed or same-day standby travel changes, regardless of Medallion or other elite status.
(3) Preferred Seats: A number of choice Main Cabin seats are set aside for eligible passengers. Eligible passengers include Diamond, Platinum, Gold, and Silver Medallion members, SkyTeam® Elite and SkyTeam Elite Plus members, passengers that have purchased full fare Y, M or B class of service, and companions of Preferred Seat-eligible customers. When making reservations, provide your SkyMiles account number and request a Preferred Seat. This service is offered on Delta and Delta Connection® flights, subject to availability. Select seats may be reassigned to passengers with certain categories of disability.
(4) Excess, oversize, and/or overweight baggage fees may apply. The benefit applies to the Medallion Member when traveling on a Delta, China Southern, Virgin Atlantic or on a SkyTeam partner flight, opens in a new window. This also applies up to 8 travel companions on a Medallion Member's reservation for a total of 9 passengers when traveling on a Delta-operated flight, with the exception of flights departing from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) or Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS). The free checked bag allowance depends on Medallion Tier, origin/destination and cabin booked. View complete details.
(5) Priority Check-In: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members may use the Sky Priority check-in lanes. Certain airports may have a dedicated check-in lane for Silver Medallion Members. At airports which do not have a dedicated Silver Medallion check-in lane, Silver Medallion Members are permitted to use the Sky Priority check-in lane.
(6) Annual memberships are available for US citizens, legal permanent residents, and citizens of US territories, 18 and older with valid photo ID. Eligibility for complimentary or preferential pricing based on SkyMiles program status at time of CLEAR Plus membership enrollment or renewal. Benefit does not provide automatic enrollment. Effective February 1st, 2023, all SkyMiles members enrolled in CLEAR will renew at the above rates. This price change continues to offer significant savings compared to the standard CLEAR Plus membership rate. All CLEAR terms and conditions apply and are available at clearme.com, opens in a new window.
(7) Priority Boarding: With our boarding order, Medallion Members are invited to board before other Main Cabin customers. Customers in Delta One and First Class, Diamond Medallion Members and Delta Premium Select customers will be invited to board the aircraft, in that order, via our Delta Sky Priority lane. All Platinum and Gold Medallion Members and SkyTeam Elite Plus customers are then invited to board with Sky Priority (SKY). Silver Medallion Members and SkyTeam Elite customers can begin boarding after that using the General Boarding lane when traveling in Main Cabin (Main1). Silver Medallion Members will not have a dedicated Priority Boarding zone on Delta flights departing AMS and CDG due to Air France-KLM boarding policies. Refer to the full Boarding Priority page for more information.
(8) Members need to include their SkyMiles number at the time of making a car rental booking on delta.com or directly through Hertz. See full details. Terms and conditions apply.
(9) Members need to add their Gold Plus Rewards number in their SkyMiles profile and opt-In for this benefit. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions for Cars Booked at delta.com:
- Delta’s online car rental booking engine is powered by Expedia and is accessible via delta.com, delta.com/cars or directly at Travel with Delta
- Standard Mileage Offer: Except with respect to the Hertz Mileage offer (listed below), SkyMiles Members will earn two (2) miles per eligible US$1 or equivalent foreign currency spent at delta.com/cars on the base car rental rate for a completed car qualifying rental booking (“Qualifying Dollars”). A qualifying rental booking includes rentals at a participating location for one or more days at rates other than travel industry rates or discounts, wholesale of tour package rates or discounts, wholesale tour package rates, insurance/dealer replacement rates, corporate and government rates, group travel discounts, or rentals in conjunction with a frequent flyer car award, or other corporate agreements applicable to the respective car company. Calculation of the applicable standard mileage offer is listed below by car rental company.
- Qualifying Dollars include the base car rental rate is the cost of the car rental, before taxes and fees, charged at the time of booking. Taxes, fees, other incidental charges, or other booking charges or any element of the booking which is paid or reduced by redemption vouchers or discount codes are excluded from mileage credit are not included in the Qualifying Dollars.
- Mileage can only be credited to the SkyMiles Member whose name appears on the credit card used for the reservation. First and last name on credit card must match with name on SkyMiles account provided. Miles will not be awarded for cancelled, no-show, or unpaid reservations.
- SkyMiles number should be provided at the time of booking.
- Only one SkyMiles number can be provided per booking.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after completion of eligible rental for miles to be deposited in SkyMiles account.
- If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles account within 8 weeks after qualifying activity occurs, please contact us and select: Request Refund or Miles > Mileage Credit > Partners
- Requests for mileage credit will be accepted up to 6 months from the last day of the rental reservation.
- Car rental bookings completed prior to enrollment into SkyMiles will not be eligible for mileage credit.
Calculation of Mileage Credit for Car Rentals
The standard mileage offer earned for car rentals booked at delta.com will be calculated as follows:
- General SkyMiles Members earn 4 miles per Qualifying Dollar
- Silver Medallions earn 5 miles per Qualifying Dollar
- Gold Medallions earn 6 miles per Qualifying Dollar
- Platinum Medallions earn 7 miles per Qualifying Dollar
- Diamond Medallions earn 8 miles per Qualifying Dollar
Dollar and Thrifty Reservations:
- All SkyMiles Members earn 4 miles per Qualifying Dollar
Alamo, Enterprise and National Reservations:
All SkyMiles Members earn 2 miles per Qualifying Dollar
Mileage Offer on Instacart purchases: Instacart users who have a Linked Account are eligible to receive 1 mile per $1 USD of a Qualifying Spend. Instacart Express users, including those on a trial Instacart Express membership, who have a Linked Account are eligible to receive 1.5 miles per $1 USD of a Qualifying Spend on Instacart Express purchases. “Qualifying Spend” means the total amount due and payable on any single order placed on Instacart.com or through the Instacart App by a user with a Linked Account, excluding (x) EBT/SNAP transactions (or any future similar government-funded payment support service), services fees, membership fees, delivery charges, tips, and taxes and (y) any portion of the spend allocated to the purchase of a gift card and/or paid for by discounts, coupons, store credit, or promotional offers.
Instacart Express Trial Memberships: SkyMiles Members with a linked account that does not have an active Instacart Express Membership are eligible for a complimentary trial membership of Instacart Express (“Trial Membership”). General SkyMiles Members, Silver Medallion Members, and Gold Medallion Members are eligible for a complimentary one-time 3-month Trial Membership. Platinum Medallion Members and Diamond Medallion Members are eligible for a complimentary one-time 12-month Trial Membership. Trial Membership length is based on SkyMiles Program Status at the time of Trial membership enrollment. Limit one Trial Membership per SkyMiles Member. Trial Membership cannot be combined with existing Instacart Express trials or memberships. SkyMiles Members who were previously on a paid Instacart Express Membership or trial are ineligible for the three months following the end of their paid or trial membership. Your Instacart Express free trial will begin on the date you redeem the offer and end on April 30, 2022. By redeeming this offer and activating your free trial of Instacart Express, YOU AGREE TO THE INSTACART EXPRESS TERMS, opens in a new window, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT AFTER YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD ENDS, YOUR INSTACART EXPRESS MEMBERSHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE OF $99/YEAR TO ANY ACTIVE PAYMENT METHOD YOU HAVE ON FILE UNTIL YOU CANCEL. Subscription prices are subject to change. You may cancel your subscription any time by selecting “Cancel Membership” in your Account Settings, opens in a new window or clicking this link, opens in a new window. Cancellation goes into effect at the start of your next annual billing cycle. Instacart reserves the right to modify or cancel this Offer at any time. Offer may not be sold, copied, modified, transferred or used retroactively for prior purchases. Offer has no cash value. Void where restricted or prohibited by law. With Instacart Express, the delivery fee will not be charged on orders over $35 per retailer; delivery subject to availability. Other fees, taxes, and/or tips may still apply. Instacart is not a retailer or seller. Instacart may not be available in all zip or post codes.
By submitting your information and registering for a Linked Account, you agree to these terms and you agree that Instacart and Delta may share your information for the purpose of tracking and processing your miles into your SkyMiles account and sending you targeted offers. SkyMiles account holder must be the same as the Instacart account holder in order to earn miles.
Please allow up to 10 business days after completion of Qualifying Spend with Instacart for miles to be deposited in SkyMiles account. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offer(s) subject to change, and may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time without notice. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Determinations of eligibility are made in Instacart and Delta’s sole discretion. Instacart and Delta reserve the right to review and investigate all offer activities, and to suspend accounts or remove rewards and miles for suspected abuse, violation of terms, or fraud.
Delta, SkyMiles and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by Instacart. Instacart and other Instacart logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Instacart, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
INSTACART® and the Instacart carrot logo are trademarks of Maplebear Inc., d/b/a Instacart. Instacart may not be available in all zip or post codes. See Instacart Terms of Service for more details
(10) Purchase a Delta Vacations flight and hotel package from a Delta Vacations origin in the U.S. or Canada to a Delta Vacations destination, February 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022, for travel anytime. Some resorts, ski, and dive vacations are excluded from this offer. Additional restrictions may apply.
(11) All Reclaim My Status Benefit Terms apply. See full details.