Get to Know Medallion Status
Discover Diamond Medallion Benefits
- Choice Benefits- a Diamond & Platinum Medallion Exclusive, Go to footer note
- More Miles & Rollover MQMs – a Delta Exclusive, Go to footer note
- Airport Benefits Including a Complimentary CLEAR® Plus membership – a Delta Exclusive, Go to footer note
- Flight Benefits, Go to footer note
- Partner Benefits, Go to footer note
- Waived Fees , Go to footer note
- Additional Diamond Medallion Benefits, Go to footer note
As a Diamond Medallion Member, you get to select customizable Choice Benefits. Choice Benefits enable you to select additional benefits by what matters most to you. Pick from:
- 4 Global Upgrade Certificates or 8 Regional Upgrade Certificates, or a combination of 2 Global and 4 Regional Upgrade Certificates which can be used on tickets booked as a part of a Delta Vacations® package
- $500 American Express Statement Credit on Basic Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Cards, or Basic Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business and Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Cards
- 4,000 Starbucks® Rewards Stars (available beginning February 1, 2023)
- Delta Sky Club® Executive Membership
- $1,000 Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQD) Earn Boost towards next Medallion Qualification Year
- Gift Gold Medallion Status to 2 Members
- 25,000 bonus miles for yourself, someone else, or a SkyWish charity of your choice
- $500 Delta Vacations Experience (flight + hotel)*
- $250 Sustainable Aviation Fuel Contribution
- A $250 Delta travel voucher, also applicable toward a Delta Vacations package
*Only 1 Delta Vacations option can be selected within the Medallion Year
With Diamond, You Earn More
As you travel with Diamond Medallion Status, you’ll earn even more miles.
- 11 miles per dollar*(1)
Plus, the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) you earn above your Medallion Tier qualification threshold will roll over to the next qualification year to give you a jump start on earning Status again – this is known as “Rollover MQMs.” This benefit is exclusive to Delta, and only for our Medallion Members.
Here’s an example of how Rollover MQMs work: You reach Diamond Medallion Status by earning 150,000 MQMs and $20,000 MQDs during the 2023 calendar year. You only needed 125,000 MQMs to reach Diamond. With Rollover MQMs, you’ll be able to rollover the 25,000 MQMs you earned above and beyond the Diamond requirement, to your next year’s balance giving you a head start toward earning Status again for 2024. We’ll automatically rollover your MQMs by the end of January each year.
Amenities at the Airport
From check-in to boarding, move through the airport more seamlessly.
- Complimentary CLEAR Plus membership to speed through security (a $189 annual value)(2), Watch how CLEAR works, opens in a new window
- Highest priority among Medallion members, boarding immediately after customers in Delta One® or First Class cabins, so you can be seated and settled early (3)
- Sky Priority® suite of services including check-in, priority security line access, and expedited baggage service
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One® Upgrades: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(2)
Day of departure
Unlimited Complimentary First Class Upgrades:
Begins 120 hours (5 days) prior to departure with priority
Unlimited Complimentary Delta Comfort+ Upgrades: All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash and Pay with Miles tickets(5)
Shortly after ticketing*, Go to footer note
Unlimited Complimentary U.S. 50 Delta One, First Class & Delta Comfort+ Upgrades for a Companion:
All paid tickets (except E fares), Award Tickets, Miles + Cash, Pay with Miles tickets and SkyMiles Companion Certificates5
Unlimited Complimentary Class Premier Upgrades on select Aeromexico-operated flights. Learn more
Complimentary Preferred Seats(5)(6)
If your upgrade doesn’t clear right away but seats are showing as available in the seat map, you can self-select your upgrade by visiting the seat map and choosing an open seat.
Waived Fees for Bags and Ticket Changes
We’ll take care of these fees for you because you’re a Diamond Medallion Member.
- Your first checked bag is free each way when traveling on a Delta or select airline partner flight. Up to 8 of your travel companions also receive their first checked bag free when traveling on a Delta flight(7).
- Waived Same-Day Confirmed Fees (8).
Effective August 4, 2021, Same-Day Standby fees have been eliminated for all Delta customers. Changes to origin, destination, routing, date and time are permitted except for Basic Economy tickets, and the mileage difference (and any applicable taxes) for the new Award ticket will apply. For travel originating from the United States and Canada to anywhere in the world (including flights operated by joint venture and codeshare partners), Members may change or cancel Award tickets for travel without a redeposit or change fee, excluding Basic Economy fares. For some travel originating outside the United States and Canada, Basic Economy Award ticket restrictions will vary and may be non-cancelable or may be changeable for a fee. For details, visit our Baggage & Travel Fees page.
As a Diamond Medallion® Member, get special access to a free 3-month trial of Instacart+ (9). When you link your SkyMiles and Instacart accounts, not only will you earn 1 mile per dollar spent* on grocery orders as an Instacart Member, but you’ll enjoy even more benefits like no delivery fees, lower service fees, and more with Instacart+.*
ENROLL TODAY, opens in a new window
*Terms Apply. Excludes taxes, tips and fees. Members without an active Instacart+ Membership are eligible for free trial. No delivery fees on orders over $35. Other fees, taxes and/or tips may apply. Trial renews into annual paid membership
Additional Diamond Medallion Benefits
Priority Wait List
If the class of service preferred is not available when making a reservation, you'll receive priority waitlist status on paid tickets.
SkyTeam Elite Plus Status
Car Benefits with Hertz
EXCLUSIVE DELTA VACATIONS® OFFER
BAG TAGS & DRINK VOUCHERS(14)
Reclaim My Status
(1) General SkyMiles Members earn five miles per dollar spent on qualifying flights. Silver Medallion Members earn two additional miles per dollar (for a total of seven), Gold Medallion Members earn an additional three miles per dollar (for a total of eight), Platinum Medallion Members earn four additional miles per dollar (for a total of nine), and Diamond Medallion Members earn six additional miles per dollar (for a total of eleven).*Ticket price eligible for mileage accrual includes base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges, but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees. Medallion mileage bonus per USD spent based on earned Medallion Status at the time of travel.
(2) Annual membership for U.S.-based SkyMiles Members only. Eligibility for complimentary or preferential pricing based on SkyMiles program Status at time of CLEAR membership enrollment or renewal. Benefit does not provide automatic enrollment. All CLEAR terms and conditions apply and are available at clearme.com, opens in a new window.
(3) Priority Boarding: With our boarding order, Medallion Members are invited to board before other Main Cabin customers. Customers in Delta One and First Class, Diamond Medallion Members and Delta Premium Select customers will be invited to board the aircraft, in that order, via our Delta Sky Priority lane. All Platinum and Gold Medallion Members and SkyTeam Elite Plus customers are then invited to board with Sky Priority (SKY). Silver Medallion Members, and SkyTeam Elite customers can begin boarding after that using the General Boarding lane when traveling in Main Cabin (Main1). Silver Medallion Members will not have a dedicated Priority Boarding zone on Delta flights departing AMS and CDG due to Air France-KLM boarding policies. Refer to the full Boarding Priority page for more information.
(4) Priority Check-In: Medallion Members have access to designated, Delta One®/Business Class or First Class check-in areas at most airports where Delta offers this service. SkyMiles Members can check in for a domestic flight and print a boarding pass via delta.com up to 24 hours before a flight's scheduled departure. Also, SkyMiles Members traveling on a Delta e-ticket for a domestic flight can use our self-service kiosks in more than 80 airports nationwide to quickly check in for a flight or standby for an upgrade. Kiosks also allow you to check baggage, select or change seat assignments, change your flight, provide for multiparty check-in, add your SkyMiles number to your itinerary, print a receipt, and more.
Priority Security Line Access: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members have access to frequent traveler security lines in select U.S. domestic airports. To use these lines, show your Medallion card along with the appropriate boarding documents. For a list of cities that have these lines available, visit Frequent Traveler Security Lines. This benefit is subject to government security regulations and may be suspended at any time by government directive.
(5) Basic Economy (E) fares are not eligible for: earning miles in the SkyMiles Program, earning credit towards Medallion Status, paid or complimentary upgrades; paid, complimentary or discounted Delta Comfort+, paid or complimentary Preferred Seats; and are not eligible to make same-day confirmed or same-day standby travel changes, regardless of Medallion or other elite status.
(6) Preferred Seats: A number of choice Main Cabin& seats are set aside for eligible passengers. Eligible passengers include Diamond, Platinum, Gold, and Silver Medallion Members, SkyTeam® Elite and SkyTeam Elite Plus members, passengers that have purchased full fare Y, M or B class of service, and companions of Preferred Seat-eligible customers. When making reservations, provide your SkyMiles account number and request a Preferred Seat. This service is offered on Delta and Delta Connection® flights, subject to availability. Select seats may be reassigned to passengers with certain categories of disability.
(7) Excess oversize, and/or overweight baggage fees may apply. The benefit applies to the Medallion Member when traveling on a Delta, China Southern, Virgin Atlantic or on a SkyTeam partner flight, opens in a new window. This also applies up to 8 travel companions on a Medallion Member's reservation for a total of 9 passengers when traveling on a Delta-operated flight, with the exception of flights departing from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) or Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS). The free checked bag allowance depends on Medallion Tier, origin/destination and cabin booked. View complete details.
(8) Same-Day Confirmed: As a Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion Member, you may request a same-day change to your itinerary and be confirmed at no extra charge, except when flying on a Basic Economy (E) fare. To make a same-day confirmed change when booked in Main Cabin your original fare class must be available. To make a same-day confirmed change when booked in our premium cabins -- including Delta One®, First and Business Class -- you may make a same-day confirmed change as long as a seat is available in the premium cabin. Your request can be made within 24 hours prior to your original departure time. Your new departure time must still be on the same day as your originally scheduled departure.
(9) Instacart Offer: Benefits pursuant to this offer are limited to U.S.-based SkyMiles members. To qualify, a SkyMiles member must register for this offer and enter their SkyMiles membership number to link their Instacart account on the Instacart app or instacart.com/delta (a “Linked Account”). Only one SkyMiles membership number can be provided for each registration and corresponding Instacart account. Only one SkyMiles membership can be linked to an Instacart account.
Mileage Offer on Instacart purchases: Instacart users who have a Linked Account are eligible to receive 1 mile per $1 USD of a Qualifying Spend. Instacart Express users, including those on a trial Instacart Express membership, who have a Linked Account are eligible to receive 1.5 miles per $1 USD of a Qualifying Spend on Instacart Express purchases. “Qualifying Spend” means the total amount due and payable on any single order placed on Instacart.com or through the Instacart App by a user with a Linked Account, excluding (x) EBT/SNAP transactions (or any future similar government-funded payment support service), services fees, membership fees, delivery charges, tips, and taxes and (y) any portion of the spend allocated to the purchase of a gift card and/or paid for by discounts, coupons, store credit, or promotional offers.
Instacart Express Trial Memberships: SkyMiles Members with a linked account that does not have an active Instacart Express Membership are eligible for a complimentary trial membership of Instacart Express (“Trial Membership”). General SkyMiles Members, Silver Medallion Members, and Gold Medallion Members are eligible for a complimentary one-time 3-month Trial Membership. Platinum Medallion Members and Diamond Medallion Members are eligible for a complimentary one-time 12-month Trial Membership. Trial Membership length is based on SkyMiles Program Status at the time of Trial membership enrollment. Limit one Trial Membership per SkyMiles Member. Trial Membership cannot be combined with existing Instacart Express trials or memberships. SkyMiles Members who were previously on a paid Instacart Express Membership or trial are ineligible for the three months following the end of their paid or trial membership. Your Instacart Express free trial will begin on the date you redeem the offer and end on April 30, 2022. By redeeming this offer and activating your free trial of Instacart Express, YOU AGREE TO THE INSTACART EXPRESS TERMS, opens in a new window, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT AFTER YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD ENDS, YOUR INSTACART EXPRESS MEMBERSHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE OF $99/YEAR TO ANY ACTIVE PAYMENT METHOD YOU HAVE ON FILE UNTIL YOU CANCEL. Subscription prices are subject to change. You may cancel your subscription any time by selecting “Cancel Membership” in your Account Settings, opens in a new window or clicking this link, opens in a new window. Cancellation goes into effect at the start of your next annual billing cycle. Instacart reserves the right to modify or cancel this Offer at any time. Offer may not be sold, copied, modified, transferred or used retroactively for prior purchases. Offer has no cash value. Void where restricted or prohibited by law. With Instacart Express, the delivery fee will not be charged on orders over $35 per retailer; delivery subject to availability. Other fees, taxes, and/or tips may still apply. Instacart is not a retailer or seller. Instacart may not be available in all zip or post codes.
By submitting your information and registering for a Linked Account, you agree to these terms and you agree that Instacart and Delta may share your information for the purpose of tracking and processing your miles into your SkyMiles account and sending you targeted offers. SkyMiles account holder must be the same as the Instacart account holder in order to earn miles.
Please allow up to 10 business days after completion of Qualifying Spend with Instacart for miles to be deposited in SkyMiles account. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offer(s) subject to change, and may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time without notice. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Determinations of eligibility are made in Instacart and Delta’s sole discretion. Instacart and Delta reserve the right to review and investigate all offer activities, and to suspend accounts or remove rewards and miles for suspected abuse, violation of terms, or fraud.
Delta, SkyMiles and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by Instacart. Instacart and other Instacart logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Instacart, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
INSTACART® and the Instacart carrot logo are trademarks of Maplebear Inc., d/b/a Instacart. Instacart may not be available in all zip or post codes. See Instacart Terms of Service for more details
(10) Premium Sales and Service is available when calling from the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
(11) Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members traveling in any cabin on a same-day, international SkyTeam flight (excluding Delta-operated flights) receive access to SkyTeam lounges (SkyTeam partner-operated and SkyTeam branded lounges; excludes travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam and Saipan when traveling in Main Cabin) and any Delta Sky Club® for you and a guest as part of your SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits..
Effective February 2, 2023, Delta Sky Club access will no longer be extended to Delta Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion Members when flying in Main Cabin or Delta Comfort+ internationally. Please note that Medallion Status still permits you to enter the Club if flying in Delta Premium Select or Delta One, or if you have access through a different method.
(12) Excludes taxes, fees, other incidental charges, or other booking charges or any element of the booking which is paid or reduced by redemption vouchers or discount codes. For Hertz President’s Circle Status, Members need to add their Gold Plus Rewards number in their SkyMiles profile and opt-in for this benefit. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions for Cars Booked at delta.com:
- Delta’s online car rental booking engine is powered by Expedia and is accessible via delta.com, delta.com/cars or directly at Travel with Delta
- Standard Mileage Offer: Except with respect to the Hertz Mileage offer (listed below), SkyMiles Members will earn two (2) miles per eligible US$1 or equivalent foreign currency spent at delta.com/cars on the base car rental rate for a completed car qualifying rental booking (“Qualifying Dollars”). A qualifying rental booking includes rentals at a participating location for one or more days at rates other than travel industry rates or discounts, wholesale of tour package rates or discounts, wholesale tour package rates, insurance/dealer replacement rates, corporate and government rates, group travel discounts, or rentals in conjunction with a frequent flyer car award, or other corporate agreements applicable to the respective car company. Calculation of the applicable standard mileage offer is listed below by car rental company.
- Qualifying Dollars include the base car rental rate is the cost of the car rental, before taxes and fees, charged at the time of booking. Taxes, fees, other incidental charges, or other booking charges or any element of the booking which is paid or reduced by redemption vouchers or discount codes are excluded from mileage credit are not included in the Qualifying Dollars.
- Mileage can only be credited to the SkyMiles Member whose name appears on the credit card used for the reservation. First and last name on credit card must match with name on SkyMiles account provided. Miles will not be awarded for cancelled, no-show, or unpaid reservations.
- SkyMiles number should be provided at the time of booking.
- Only one SkyMiles number can be provided per booking.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after completion of eligible rental for miles to be deposited in SkyMiles account.
- If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles account within 8 weeks after qualifying activity occurs, please contact us and select: Request Refund or Miles > Mileage Credit > Partners.
- Requests for mileage credit will be accepted up to 6 months from the last day of the rental reservation.
- Car rental bookings completed prior to enrollment into SkyMiles will not be eligible for mileage credit.
Calculation of Mileage Credit for Car Rentals
The standard mileage offer earned for car rentals booked at delta.com will be calculated as follows:
- General SkyMiles Members earn 4 miles per Qualifying Dollar
- Silver Medallions earn 5 miles per Qualifying Dollar
- Gold Medallions earn 6 miles per Qualifying Dollar
- Platinum Medallions earn 7 miles per Qualifying Dollar
- Diamond Medallions earn 8 miles per Qualifying Dollar
Dollar and Thrifty Reservations:
- All SkyMiles Members earn 4 miles per Qualifying Dollar
Alamo, Enterprise and National Reservations:
All SkyMiles Members earn 2 miles per Qualifying Dollar
(13) Purchase a Delta Vacations flight and hotel package from any Delta Vacations origin in the U.S. or Canada to a Delta Vacations destination, February 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022, for travel anytime. Some resorts, ski, and dive vacations are excluded from this offer. Additional restrictions may apply.
(14) Digital voucher/coupon is good for use on Delta Air Lines or Delta Connection® carriers only. You may find vouchers in the Fly Delta app or find them in My Wallet at delta.com, where you can print them or access them on your smartphone. Voucher must be printed when flying on Delta Connection carriers operated on an aircraft without a First Class cabin. Please check your My Trips listing for aircraft details. Voucher is subject to all applicable laws and void where prohibited by law. Must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages, please drink responsibly. All selections are subject to availability. Duplicated or altered vouchers will not be accepted. Vouchers cannot be sold, bartered, redeemed for cash, or exchanged for any item other than the listed items. Voucher expiration date is noted directly on the voucher.
(15) All Reclaim My Status Benefit Terms apply. See full details.
Effective August 4, 2021, Same-Day Standby fees have been eliminated for all Delta customers. Changes to origin, destination, routing, date and time are permitted except for Basic Economy tickets, and the mileage difference (and any applicable taxes) for the new Award ticket will apply. For travel originating from the United States and Canada to anywhere in the world (including flights operated by joint venture and codeshare partners), Members may change or cancel Award tickets for travel without a redeposit or change fee, excluding Basic Economy fares. For some travel originating outside the United States and Canada, Basic Economy Award ticket restrictions will vary and may be non-cancelable or may be changeable for a fee. For all other Award tickets for international travel originating outside the United States and Canada, Award ticket redeposit and reissue fees will be waived for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members, except when flying on a Basic Economy (E) fare. For details, visit our Baggage & Travel Fees page.
SkyMiles Members can also take advantage of no change fees for all tickets purchased through March 30, 2021, for both domestic and international travel – regardless of the type of ticket booked or travel destination. Members can also use their travel credits through December 2022 for travel originally scheduled to depart before March 31, 2021 (if the ticket was purchased before April 17, 2020).
Offers and benefits subject to change without notice. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Benefits are subject to change at any time in Delta’s sole discretion, without notice.
Delta Air Lines is the sole arbiter for any Delta 360° benefits. Benefits are subject to change at any time in Delta’s sole discretion, without notice. Invitation into Delta 360° is determined independently from earning Medallion Status.