Taking care of you is at the center of everything we do. At every step of your travel journey, our priority - you - remains the same. To ensure we provide you with the most flexible and safest travel experience, we're making several changes to best serve you during this time.
- In-Home & In-Person COVID-19 Testing Resources: To bring you simple and affordable testing solutions, we have partnered with AZOVA which offers in-home and in-person options to satisfy the specific testing needs of your trip. Learn more about our COVID-19 Testing Resources.
- Blocking Seats for More Space On Board: Driven by your feedback, we’re continuing to block middle or select aisle seats and limit the number of customers on board through April 30, 2021.
- Federal requirement for face masks in airports: Effective Tuesday, Feb. 2, wearing a mask in airports and on planes will become federal law.
- New U.S. Testing Requirement: Effective January 26, 2021, the CDC requires all customers ages 2 and up traveling to or connecting through the U.S. to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days before departure and sign an attestation. Review full requirements.
- Coronavirus Testing Locations: If your trip requires a negative COVID-19 test result, we are working to make things a little easier for you by identifying local testing resources outside of the U.S.
- Flying Made Simple: We have eliminated change and cancel fees for tickets originating in North America (excluding Basic Economy tickets purchased after March 30, 2021, which are non-refundable and non-changeable).
- Delta + Lysol®: We’ve joined forces with Lysol, the expert in disinfection, to set the standard for a cleaner and hygienic travel experience.
- Commitment to Flying Safely Together: Delta remains committed to protecting the well-being of our customers and employees by requiring all customers and employees to wear a mask or face covering across all Delta touchpoints. Customers with underlying conditions that cannot wear a mask or cloth face covering will be required to complete a Clearance-To-Fly process which can take over one hour. Please arrive early to allow additional time.
Change Fees, eCredits and Waivers
Can I Change or Cancel My Flight Without a Fee?
Yes - it‘s easy to make changes cancel, or rebook your flight online. Visit My Trips to make changes to your flight(s) any time before your scheduled flight. To continue simplifying travel, we have eliminated change and cancel fees for tickets originating in North America (excluding Basic Economy tickets purchased after March 30, 2021, which are non-refundable and non-changeable).
By eliminating change fees, you have the flexibility to change the date, time or location of your trip without a fee. Sometimes, your new flight may cost more than your original flight. In this case you would need to pay the difference in price.
We also know that there may be times where you need to cancel your trip and rebook at a later date. The good news is that you will not be charged a fee for cancelling your ticket, and your ticket will become an eCredit that you can use at any time before your ticket expires* (typically one year from the date of purchase).
While most tickets offer the flexibility of no change fees, our Basic Economy tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable if purchased after the expiration of our current COVID-19 travel waivers on March 30, 2021. Additionally, a change fee would still apply to tickets purchased after March 30, 2021 for travel originating outside of North America.
*For additional flexibility, tickets booked prior to April 17, 2020 for scheduled travel between March 2020 and March 2021 have been extended, so you can travel using your eCredit through December 31, 2022. You can find more details at delta.com/waivers.
How Do I Use My eCredit to Rebook Later?
If you have an eCredit, go to delta.com/redeem where you’ll be able to apply that eCredit at the time of purchase. You can use your ticket number to find your eCredit. For step-by-step instructions, visit our how-to-page.
All qualifying eCredits (those from tickets purchased before April 17, 2020, for travel March 1, 2020, through March 31, 2021) will be automatically extended to December 2022 so there’s no action needed on your part. If your eCredit for canceled travel has not yet been processed or extended, or is temporarily displaying incorrectly, there is no need to call. Rest assured your flight value is secure and will be ready to redeem online when you need it.
How Do I Change or Cancel My Flight?
If your trip has been impacted by coronavirus, it's easy to cancel or change your flights in My Trips.
If you’re uncertain of future travel plans, we recommend canceling and rebooking once your new travel plans are confirmed. The value of your ticket will become an eCredit for future use.
What are the Current Travel Requirements for Each Destination?
We continue to monitor the latest safety and security protocols to inform you of new guidelines and travel requirements that may be applicable during your trip. We recommend before traveling, that you check with local airports of origin and destination to ensure you have the latest information.
Flying Made Simple
Explore deals to bring you back to where you love. We are making it easier for you to book, change or cancel your trip with no change, cancel and award redeposit fees. Basic Economy and flights originating outside of North America purchased after 3/30/21 are excluded. Fare differences will still apply.
Setting the Standard for Safer Travel
Traveling With Us
Other Updates and Travel Tips
CARING FOR YOU