Taking care of you is at the center of everything we do. At every step of your travel journey, our priority - you - remains the same. To ensure we provide you with the most flexible and safest travel experience, we're making several changes to best serve you during this time.
- Book With Confidence: We are extending our change fee waiver for flights purchased through June 30, 2020.
- Delta Expands Onboard Customer Spacing: We want to make it easier for you to keep a safe distance while traveling, so we are now blocking select seats across all cabins on all aircraft and capping seating at 50 percent in First Class and 60 percent in Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin.
- Added Measures for Your Safety: Masks, or appropriate face coverings will be required for all Delta employees and customers starting at the check-in lobby and across Delta touchpoints including Delta Sky Clubs, boarding gate areas, jet bridges and on board the aircraft for the duration of the flight, aligning with best practice guidelines from the CDC.
Updates, Waivers and eCredits
Can I change or cancel my flight?
It‘s easy to cancel, make changes or rebook online. Visit My Trips to make changes to your flight(s) any time before your travel date. We’re now waiving change fees and providing greater flexibility to travel using eCredits through September 30, 2022, for customers who:
- have upcoming travel already booked for March through September 30, 2020 as of April 17, 2020
- have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March through September 30, 2020
Tickets purchased between March 1 and June 30, 2020, can be changed without a change fee for a year from the date you purchased it.
How do I change or cancel my flight?
If your trip has been impacted by coronavirus, it's easy to cancel or change your flights in My Trips.
If you’re uncertain of future travel plans, we recommend canceling and rebooking once your new travel plans are confirmed. The value of your ticket will become an eCredit for future use.
How do I use my eCredit to rebook later?
If you have an eCredit, go to delta.com/redeem where you’ll be able to apply that eCredit at the time of purchase. You can use your ticket number to find your eCredit. For step-by-step instructions, visit our how-to-page.
All applicable eCredits will be automatically extended to September 2022 so there’s no action needed on your part. If your eCredit for canceled travel has not yet been processed or extended, or is temporarily displaying incorrectly, there is no need to call. Rest assured your flight value is secure through September 30, 2022 and will be ready to redeem online when you need it.
We are continuing to monitor the latest safety and security protocols. We recommend before traveling, that you check with local airports of origin and destination to ensure you have the latest information.
Booking with Confidence
Setting the Standard for Safer Travel
Traveling With Us
Other Updates and Travel Tips
SkyMiles Program Updates
Frequently Asked Questions
We completely understand. If your travel has been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, you can change or cancel your travel without a change fee. If you cancel your flight, the value of the ticket(s) will become an eCredit to use toward a future Delta flight. If there is a difference in price, the fare difference will apply.
Please cancel or modify your itinerary in My Trips ahead of your departure date if your travel plans have changed. When you cancel or modify your trip ahead of time, you’re helping our agents successfully assign seats a safe distance apart to those who are traveling on the aircraft and ensure weight and balance guidelines are met. We appreciate your support and understanding.
Follow our step-by-step guide to change or cancel your flight, and to use your eCredit when you are ready to book your travel.
In keeping with our longstanding policy, if we cancel or significantly delay a flight (delays or schedule changes greater than 90 minutes), we will first attempt to rebook you on an alternate flight, if one is available.
If we cannot find an alternate flight and we cancel the reservation for you, or if you choose to cancel the alternative itinerary we have selected for you, you have a couple of options:
- An eCredit for the value of the ticket, which can be used toward future travel through September 30, 2022; or
- If you prefer, you may request a refund to your original form of payment.
We encourage you to explore your options in My Trips if the scenarios below do not apply to your ticket. However, there are some tickets that cannot be changed online, these include:
- A form of payment used includes a combination of cash and miles or an upgrade using miles or certificates.
- An adult traveling with an infant in arms.
- Tickets that are sold or ticketed by another airline. Generally, this means your flight number will start with something other than "DL", except for SkyMiles Award Travel operated by a Delta airline partner.
- Your form of payment includes Companion Certificates from eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Cards. If your booking or travel dates fall under an applicable coronavirus waiver and you would like to cancel your trip, please visit My Trips. To change your trip please call Delta Reservations.
If you are ready to book your new trip now and don’t yet see your eCredit or have an issue booking on delta.com, please have your old ticket number ready when you call our Reservations team. Your ticket number is a 13-digit number beginning with 006. You can locate the ticket number on your emailed flight purchase receipt.
Yes, although a difference in ticket price applies. Your current ticket value will be applied toward your new ticket. If you choose to go to the same destination, and before September 30, 2020, we will waive the fare difference.
If this is not for immediate travel, please visit My Trips or the Fly Delta app to make your changes.
We are working quickly to address a technical issue impacting our ability to show the updated expiration dates. We apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured all applicable existing eCredits will be automatically extended to September 30, 2022.
The same rules apply whether a flight is booked with cash, miles or using a Companion Certificate.
- For award flights that qualify for a change fee waiver, we are also waiving the mile redeposit fee.
- All Companion Certificates that were active as of March 1, 2020, have been extended by 6 months or more from the original expiration. To cancel your trip and use your Companion Certificate for a future booking, please visit My Trips. To change your trip please call Delta Reservations.
To allow additional flexibility in making travel changes, we’re extending any Delta ticket for travel March through September 30, 2020, booked before April 17, 2020, to permit travel until September 30, 2022.
We have teams working around the clock to reach out to these customers, so you should hear from us in the coming days. If you are traveling or need to accelerate your return flight to be in the next 72 hours, please visit My Trips.
Nothing is more important to us and our partner airlines across the globe than your safety, and we are working closely to ensure the well-being of our customers and employees when you fly. The measures that Delta has in place are reflected across the airlines with the focus on providing booking flexibility, aircraft cleanliness and providing timely information.
Our ten global airline partners are working diligently with their respective government agencies, various national and international health and aviation authorities to monitor health and travel advice with regular updates on their websites as this situation evolves.
If you need to change or cancel your Delta Vacations reservation, you can manage your booking in My Trips or call 1-800-800-1504. If you booked through a travel agency, please contact your Travel Agent directly.
If you need to change or cancel your hotel reservation, you can use your confirmation number to Find Your Booking and manage your reservation, call 1-866-204-0280 or reply to your original booking confirmation email.
Rental Car Reservations:
To make changes to your car rental reservation, you can manage your booking in My Trips or call the rental car company directly.