Making Travel Easier
We're giving you more control of your travel experience and simplifying each step of your journey.
We have extended our change fee waiver to cover all new flights purchased through March 30, 2021. Tickets purchased between March 1, 2020 and March 30, 2021, can be changed without a change fee or Award redeposit fees for a year from the date you purchased it.
Long term, we are making it even easier for you to book, change or cancel your travel plans by eliminating the following change fees permanently for domestic and international travel:
- No change fees on Delta tickets for travel within the U.S., Puerto Rico and USVI.
- No change fees on Delta tickets for travel originating from North America to anywhere in the world (including flights operated by joint venture and codeshare partners).
- No change fees for travel between U.S. or Mexico and The Caribbean
- Basic Economy fares are excluded.
SkyMiles Members can also now enjoy greater flexibility and peace of mind when traveling on an Award Ticket with the ability to change their plans at any time.
The following changes are effective immediately for Award Tickets for travel originating from North America to anywhere in the world, excluding Basic Economy fares:
- Award Ticket redeposit and reissue fees have been eliminated
- Members may change or cancel Award Tickets before departure. No longer will changes and cancellations made within 72 hours of departure result in the loss of miles.
If your travel plans have changed, it is easy to make changes yourself on delta.com and the Fly Delta app in just a few easy steps - saving you time and helping you stay in control of your travel plans.
For travel impacted by coronavirus, we are giving you even more flexibility to fly when you are ready. We have extended the use of many eCredits through December 2022. For all other travel booked with one of our waivers, you will have one year from the date of original purchase to fly.
When you are ready to use your eCredit, go to delta.com/redeem where you’ll be able to verify the existing value/expiration date information and apply the eCredit at the time of purchase.
For more information on how to locate or use your eCredit on delta.com, visit our how-to-page.