This page is only available in English. Check back soon to view this content in your selected language.
Membership Guide & Program Rules
When you’re a SkyMiles Member, it’s good to have a handle on the rules of the loyalty program. The more you know about SkyMiles, the more you can take advantage of the benefits and make the most of your membership.
All benefits that Delta offers in the SkyMiles Program are conditioned upon your compliance with this Membership Guide and Program Rules, the terms and conditions described elsewhere throughout delta.com, all terms and conditions of Delta’s contract of carriage, Delta’s fare rules and all other applicable Delta rules and regulations. These rules are subject to change at any time. Unless otherwise stated, the current rules in effect at the time of your travel or request for a benefit or other transaction will govern that transaction. Delta has the sole right to interpret and apply this Membership Guide and Program Rules. Please check back frequently for program updates or rule changes.
Account Deletion & Mileage Expiration
Under the SkyMiles Mileage Expiration policy, miles do not expire. Delta reserves the right to deactivate or close an account under the following circumstances:
- Fraudulent activity occurs.
- A Member requests an account closure.
- A Member is deceased.
- A Member does not respond to repeated communication attempts regarding the status of his/her account.
- A Member resides in or relocates to a country where membership is prohibited under applicable law.
- A Member violates the terms of this Membership Guide and Program Rules.
Delta reserves the right to audit Members' accounts at any time and without notice to ensure compliance with the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules, Delta's contract of carriage, Delta's fare rules, and all other applicable Delta rules and regulations.
In the event the audit reveals discrepancies or violations, Delta may delay the processing of Award Certificates, Tickets, or other redemptions, cancel any outstanding Award Certificates, Award Tickets or other redemptions and withhold statements until the discrepancies or violations are resolved. Accounts found in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of Medallion® Status and closure of the SkyMiles account. During an investigation, Delta may inhibit the SkyMiles account of a Member without notice. While the account is inhibited, the Member may continue to accrue miles in the account, but no mileage redemptions or other transactions will be permitted and any outstanding Award Certificates, Award Travel or other redemptions will be canceled. Canceled Award Certificates or Award Tickets must be surrendered to Delta upon Delta's request.
SkyMiles offers Member-only rates off of the standard $179 annual membership to CLEAR's biometric service:
- Diamond Medallion® Members: Complimentary
- Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion Members: $79 per year
- Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members: $79 per year
- General SkyMiles Members: $99 per year
CLEAR memberships available to U.S.-based Members only, including citizens of U.S. territories. Eligibility for complimentary or preferential pricing based on SkyMiles program status at time of CLEAR membership enrollment or renewal. Members must enroll in CLEAR to receive the preferred rates. To receive savings on an annual CLEAR membership, eligible Members must provide their SkyMiles number upon enrolling. Full enrollment requires visiting an enrollment center in person. Eligibility for the membership is determined solely by CLEAR. Terms and conditions apply and offer subject to change. Offer is non-transferable.
Preferred rate for Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members is limited to Basic Card Members (not Additional Card Members) with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Delta Reserve Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card. Card Members must enroll using the SkyMiles number associated with their SkyMiles Credit Card to receive the preferred rate.
SkyMiles Members with an existing CLEAR membership may contact CLEAR customer support at the time of you annual renewal to have your SkyMiles-preferred rate applied to your CLEAR membership. SkyMiles-preferred rates cannot be applied to an already-existing annual membership.
Your CLEAR membership automatically renews each year for an additional 12 month period at a complimentary or preferentially-prices rate, if eligible, based on your SkyMiles program status at the time of renewal. At the time of renewal, the relevant fees will be charged to the credit card provided during registration, or if different, the credit card associated with your CLEAR account at that time. To cancel your CLEAR membership at any time, log in to your CLEAR account at clearme.com with full name and address used to register or call 1-855-CLEARme (253-2763).
All CLEAR terms and conditions apply and are available at www.clearme.com.
Conditions of Enrollment
Delta's SkyMiles program is open to any person in any country that has not prohibited participation in frequent flyer programs.
Corporations and/or entities cannot be enrolled as Members.
Members must provide their full name to participate in the SkyMiles program. Full name means the given name, middle initial or middle name, if any, and family or surname. The full name must be the same as the name on the Member's passport or other valid travel document (i.e. Visa, Resident Alien Card, etc.). Members will be assigned an individual membership number upon enrollment and can print a membership card by going to My Wallet. Members can also access a digital membership card via My Wallet in the Fly Delta app.
Membership numbers are nontransferable.
Only one person may be enrolled per SkyMiles account.
Members may not maintain more than one SkyMiles account.
In the event more than one account number is assigned to the same individual, the duplicate account will be cancelled, and only the applicable mileage credit, excluding any enrollment bonus, can be transferred to the remaining account.
To enroll your child in the SkyMiles program download the registration and parent form and follow provided instructions for submission.
With your SkyMiles number and password you have access to your SkyMiles information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Without a password, certain transactions may only be done via mail or in person with your SkyMiles card and valid identification. Establishment of a password indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in this Membership Guide governing your password. A password allows you access to a variety of self-service tools and SkyMiles account information at delta.com, as well as the ability to complete transactions over the phone that could previously be handled only in writing.
Your password cannot be viewed or changed by a Delta representative. If you would like to change your password, go to Change Password. If you cannot remember your password, an email with a secure link to change your password will be sent to you. To request an e-mail with a secure link to update your password, go to Forgot Password.
You are responsible for the selection and use of your password and for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not divulge your password to anyone. If you do, you are solely responsible for any actions that person takes with your password, including, without limitation any transactions in your account, any violations of the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules, and any further disclosure of your password. Delta shall have no liability for losses resulting from unauthorized access to, or use of, your password.
The rights and obligations created by the SkyMiles program will be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia.
Name and Address Changes
Each Member will be responsible for letting Delta know of any name, email or address change on his or her account. Please ensure that the name in your SkyMiles account (first, middle and last) matches exactly the name on your government-issued photo ID used when you travel.
Country of residence is determined by the primary address in the Member’s SkyMiles account. Delta reserves the right to audit an account at any time for address accuracy, residency requirements, request further supporting documentation and update the address for any Member's SkyMiles account using the National Change of Address (NCOA) data filed by relocating postal customers, but shall have no obligation to do so. Accounts found in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of Medallion Status and closure of the SkyMiles account.
For address changes, a Member may update their account address information using their Delta password by visiting My Profile, editing their address and attaching any required documentation through the online form. You may also be able to update your account address by submitting the information via fax, mail, or by phone using your password. Members should include their SkyMiles number and signature on all requests and documentation.
Fax or mail supporting documents to the SkyMiles Account Support group at:
Fax: 404-715-9220 (Medallion Members)
Fax: 404-773-1945 (All other SkyMiles Members)
Mail: Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
Certain address changes, including those moving from a primary addresses within the United States to one outside of the United States, require the submission of additional documentation to complete and cannot be completed over the phone or online. Members will need to submit one of the following documents via mail or fax to complete the address change request, and the document must reflect the Member’s name and a residential address and may not be the address of a corporation or business:
- Government issued ID with new address (Drivers License, Country/State-issued photo ID card, passport)
- Utility bill in customer’s name showing new address, dated within the past 60 days
- Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement or residential rental/lease agreement showing proof of ownership at new address, with customer’s name and signature. Lease must be dated within the past year
- Bank statement with customer’s name and address, dated within the past 60 days (may block out sensitive information)
- Payroll statement with customer’s name and address, dated within the past 60 days (may block out sensitive information)
- Postal Service change of address confirmation form
- Current automobile or life insurance bill, or homeowners or renter insurance bill (cards or policies are not accepted)
- Copy of school records/transcript from a school in which the applicant is currently enrolled, issued by an accredited school
- Postmarked mail with forwarding address label (must display the customer’s full name)
- Receipt for personal property taxes or real estate taxes paid within the last year
- Letter from Member’s employer on official company letterhead, detailing Member’s current address. Letter must be signed by employee’s supervisor with supervisor’s full contact information
Name change requests cannot be processed over the phone. A copy of supporting legal documentation (e.g., court order, marriage certificate, divorce certificate) must be submitted by fax/mail and will be required for any name change requests. The Member's signature and SkyMiles membership number must be included in all written correspondence.
Mail: Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
Program Changes and Termination
Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, mileage regulations, Award Travel, Medallion qualification requirements and levels, fees, Award prices, Pay with Miles terms and conditions, and special offers at any time without notice. This means that Delta may initiate changes, for instance, impacting partner affiliations, rules for earning mileage credit, continued availability of Awards, or blackout dates. Delta may also limit the seats available for Award Travel or Pay with Miles redemptions to any or all destinations (including, but not limited to, allocating no Award seats on certain flights). Such changes to Delta's frequent flyer program may include modifications that (i) govern mileage credits or other benefits earned on or after the date of change, (ii) change the value of already accumulated mileage credits or other benefits or (iii) govern mileage credits or other benefits earned on or after the date of change and change the value of already accumulated mileage credits. Delta reserves the right to terminate the Delta frequent flyer program with six month notice. Unless otherwise stated, the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules in effect at the time of your travel or request for a benefit will govern the transaction.
Restrictions on Transfer
Miles are not the property of any Member. Except as specifically authorized in the Membership Guide and Program Rules or otherwise in writing by an officer of Delta, miles may not be sold, attached, seized, levied upon, pledged, or transferred under any circumstances, including, without limitation, by operation of law, upon death, or in connection with any domestic relations dispute and/or legal proceeding.
Sale or Barter Prohibited
Except as set forth below, the sale or barter of mileage credit, vouchers, Award Tickets, Medallion Status, Pay with Miles tickets or any other benefit by SkyMiles Members, or the attempt of any of the foregoing, is prohibited. Delta will terminate or deduct mileage from the account of any Member who violates this rule. Award Certificates, Award Tickets, or Pay with Miles tickets obtained through prohibited sale or barter transactions are VOID, invalid for travel, and will be confiscated. Persons trying to use such tickets will not be permitted to travel unless they purchase a ticket from Delta at the applicable fare.
SkyMiles Members may participate in mileage exchange transactions through the Global Points Exchange (GPX) program at points.com/tradeongpx. All GPX transactions are subject to the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Transfer Miles Program. Mileage transfer fees apply. Please visit delta.com/transfermiles to review these rules.
SkyMiles Statements & Program Updates
SkyMiles online statements are sent periodically (monthly, quarterly or based on recent activity) to Members through an email reminder, regardless of activity. Members can enroll to receive their SkyMiles statement (also known as The INSIDER) by going to My Profile, entering their SkyMiles number and password, and updating their "Notification" preferences.
Online statements indicate the amount of mileage credit earned with Delta, its airline, hotel, and car rental partners, and all other partners in the SkyMiles programs, as well as mileage redemption activity. Ticket receipts and boarding passes should be retained until mileage credit appears on your SkyMiles statement.
Current balance, account activity, redemption, and program information may be obtained at My Delta or via Delta's automated telephone number, SkyMiles OneSource (1-800-323-2323), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any Touch-Tone® telephone.
Note: A password is required for account information via delta.com, Delta's automated telephone number, and for redemption and address change transactions with a Delta Reservations representative.
Telephone Numbers for Reservations or Information
For worldwide reservations and information inside the U.S., the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and Canada, contact delta.com or reservations. For all other countries, contact your local ticket office or view our list of worldwide reservations numbers by country at delta.com/help.
Termination and/or Mileage Deduction for Violations
Delta reserves the right to terminate your membership in the SkyMiles program at any time if you violate the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules, any term or condition of Delta's contract of carriage, Delta's fare rules, or any other Delta rule and regulation that apply to your travel. Termination of your membership will result in a loss of all accumulated mileage credit in your account, the cancellation of any unused Awards or Award Certificates, and the loss of all other SkyMiles benefits. Terminated Members are not eligible to participate in any aspect of the SkyMiles program, including without limitation any special promotions or SkyMiles partnership offers. In lieu of termination, Delta may at its sole discretion deduct mileage from your account, but permit you to continue participating in the SkyMiles program.
Members whose accounts have been terminated for any reason may not reopen new accounts.
It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules and with the other terms and conditions that apply to your travel on Delta. If you have any question about the rules that are applicable to your situation, please check delta.com or contact a Delta representative for guidance.
Void Where Prohibited By Law
Some or all parts of the SkyMiles program may not be legal in certain countries. Consequently, the SkyMiles program is void where prohibited by law.
Phone/fax number is valid from the U.S. If you are outside the U.S., call your local Reservations Sales representative.
General Rules for Mileage Credit
Mileage earned under the SkyMiles program will be credited to your account within eight weeks after qualifying activity occurs, unless otherwise provided in the individual partner's terms and conditions. Partner offers are subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. SkyMiles partners, offers and benefits subject to change. To ensure credit:
- For air travel: Provide your SkyMiles number at time of booking or check-in for each flight. The name on the reservation must match the name on the SkyMiles account for mileage to be credited.
- Hotel and car rental partners: Provide your SkyMiles account number and name as shown on your SkyMiles membership card at time of hotel check-in or car rental pickup. Mileage is credited only to the Member whose name appears on the bill for the hotel stay or car rental.
- All other partners: Provide your SkyMiles number and name as shown on your SkyMiles membership card at the time of transaction.
- Compliance: Mileage earned is subject to compliance with all requirements of the individual partner's mileage offer, such as in some cases membership in the partner's loyalty program.
Delta is the final authority on qualification for mileage credit and reserves the right to deduct mileage from a Member's account at any time if mileage was credited in error.
Calculation of Mileage Credit for Air Travel
Mileage earned for air travel flown while you are a SkyMiles Member will be calculated as follows:
- For Delta-marketed (flight numbers that include the “DL” airline code) or Delta-ticketed (featuring a ticket number beginning with “006”) flights, SkyMiles Members will earn miles based on ticket price, at the rate of 5 miles per U.S. Dollar (USD) spent, including base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges, but excluding government-imposed taxes and fees.
- For flights marketed or ticketed by Delta and purchased in a currency other than USD, the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges will be converted to USD based on the IATA 5-day currency exchange rate at the time of ticketing. Miles will be credited to your account once travel is complete.
- Miles earned per segment will be calculated based on a pro-rated amount of the total ticket price eligible for mileage accrual and will not be subject to minimum mileage accrual.
- Members will earn a maximum of 75,000 miles per person per reservation, including any Medallion mileage bonuses or class of service bonuses. Promotional mileage bonuses will not count toward the 75,000 maximum mileage accrual per reservation unless otherwise stated in the promotion’s terms and conditions.
- Prior to January 1, 2018, flights marketed and ticketed by Delta’s partner airlines earned miles based on distance flown* and fare class paid as published at Airline Partners at the time of travel. Starting January 1, 2018, flights marketed by Delta's partner airlines earn miles based on a percentage of distance flown as determined by the fare class paid as published at Airline Partners at the time of travel. Some partners will continue to earn based on both marketing and ticketing carrier.
- For itineraries ticketed by Delta’s partner airlines that contain both partner-marketed segments and Delta-marketed segments, the partner-marketed segments will earn miles based on the distance flown* and fare class paid as published at Airline Partners at the time of travel, and the Delta-marketed segments will earn miles based on the total base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges prorated as a percentage of total distance flown.
- Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to bulk, consolidator, cruise, vacation packages (including Delta Vacations® packages), inclusive tour and other opaque fare products will earn miles and MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* determined by fare class paid as published at Exception Fares at the time of travel.
- Award, Miles + Cash, free, barter, pass travel and certain other tickets are not eligible for mileage accrual.
- Tickets purchased through Pay with Miles will earn miles for the portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges remaining that is paid in currency after miles are applied to the ticket total.
- All other ancillary purchases or fees do not count toward earning miles, including but not limited to:
- Checked baggage fees
- Priority Boarding
- Delta Sky Club memberships
- In-flight Wi-Fi passes
- In-flight food and beverage purchases
- In-flight entertainment
- Unaccompanied minor fees
- Pet travel fees
- Mileage Booster™ or mileage purchases
- Ticket change fees
- Direct Ticketing Charges (DTC)
- Same-day confirmed or standby fees
- Administrative Service Charges (ASC)
- External Reissue Charges (ERC)
*For purposes of mileage credit, “distance flown” means the calculated distance between origin and destination, as determined by Delta in its sole discretion, regardless of the actual distance traveled on any individual flight.
Upon request at the time of enrollment, mileage credit will also be awarded for travel flown up to 30 days prior to enrollment.
The amount of mileage earned when flying with Delta is subject to change. For current information on the amount of mileage earned on Delta flights, please visit Earn Miles with Delta.
The amount of mileage earned with airline partners varies from partner to partner and is subject to change. Alliance partner airline benefits are subject to change and subject to the terms and conditions of each alliance partner. For the current list of our partner airlines and the SkyTeam Global Alliance airlines, and up-to-date information on the amount of mileage earned when flying on our partner airlines, please visit Airline Partners.
Terms and Conditions for Hotels Booked at Delta.com
General Terms and Conditions:
- Hotel bookings made via delta.com prior to June 7, 2017 will be eligible for miles according to the mileage offering at the time the booking was made. These bookings are eligible to earn 1 mile for every $2 spent on the base hotel rate for a completed hotel stay.
- Effective June 7, 2017, Delta’s online hotel booking engine will be powered by hotels.com and is accessible via delta.com or directly at hotels-delta.com.
- Standard Offer: SkyMiles Members will get one (1) mile for every US$1 or equivalent foreign currency spent at hotels-delta.com on the base hotel rate for a completed hotel stay.
- Base hotel rate is the cost of the hotel room, before taxes and fees, charged at the time of booking. Taxes and fees, gratuities, room service and other incidental charges are excluded from mileage credit.
- Mileage can only be credited to the SkyMiles Member whose name appears on the credit card used for the reservation. First and last name on credit card must match with name on SkyMiles account provided.
- SkyMiles number should be provided at the time of booking.
- Only one SkyMiles number can be provided per booking.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after completion of eligible stay for miles to be deposited in SkyMiles account.
- If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles account within 8 weeks after qualifying activity occurs, please contact us and select: Request Refund or Miles > Mileage Credit > Partners
- Requests for mileage credit will be accepted up to 6 months from check out date.
- Stays completed prior to enrollment into SkyMiles will not be eligible for mileage credit.
- Hotel currency or status are subject to each respective Hotel guest program and may not be applicable for bookings made on hotels-delta.com.
- These special offers supersede the standard offer during the promotional period. Offers cannot be combined.
- Period 06/07/17-03/19/18: Hotel bookings made on hotels-delta.com from June 7, 2017 to March 19, 2018 for stays through March 31, 2019 will be eligible to earn Double miles upon completion of stay. Double miles is equivalent to a total of two (2) miles for every US$1 or equivalent foreign currency spent on the base hotel rate for every completed stay.
- Period 03/20/18-03/31/18: Hotel bookings made on hotels-delta.com from March 20, 2018 to March 31, 2018 for stays through March 31, 2019 will be eligible to earn 5x miles upon completion of stay. 5x miles is equivalent to a total of five (5) miles for every US$1 or equivalent foreign currency spent on the base hotel rate for every completed stay.
- Period 04/01/18-12/31/18: Hotel bookings made on hotels-delta.com from April 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018 for stays through December 31, 2019 will be eligible to earn Double miles upon completion of stay. Double miles is equivalent to a total of two (2) miles for every US$1 or equivalent foreign currency spent on the base hotel rate for every completed stay.
Delta may change the SkyMiles program rules, change or terminate program partners, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of mileage already accumulated. This program may be terminated by Delta at any time, with or without notice.
Offers are subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offer void where prohibited by law. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by companies participating in miles promotions.
Calculation of Mileage Credit for Car Rentals
Mileage earned for car rentals booked at delta.com will be calculated as follows:
- 1,250 miles per rental for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members.
- 1,000 miles per rental for Gold and Silver Medallion Members.
- 500 miles per rental for general Members.
Alamo, Enteprise, and National reservations
- 500 miles per rental for all SkyMiles Members.
If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles statement within 90 days after qualifying activity occurs, contact the car rental partner directly. Car rental partner is responsible for fulfillment of all miles.
Mileage Credit Restrictions
Mileage will be credited only for travel flown by the SkyMiles Member on scheduled service flights. Mileage is credited to the SkyMiles account of the traveler, regardless of who pays for the ticket. Mileage from one account cannot be pooled or combined with the mileage of another individual’s account. Each Member must earn his/her own mileage credit.
Delta flights, airline partner flights, hotel stays, and car rentals are eligible for credit in only one mileage program per itinerary and cannot be transferred once recorded. Attempts to obtain mileage credit in the SkyMiles program as a result of travel or other qualifying activity for which the Member has already received credit in any other mileage or loyalty program is prohibited.
SkyMiles credit (inclusive of mileage, MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs) will not be given for the following:
- Refunded, void or unused tickets, including unused nonrefundable tickets.
- Airline employees, travel agents, tour conductors, and/or other persons traveling on a nonrevenue basis or travel industry/cargo customer discount fares.
- Infants (under age two) traveling without paying an applicable fare. Mileage will be credited to the accounts of infants traveling on a ticket purchased at the applicable fare.
- Free tickets of any kind, including without limitation SkyMiles Award Tickets.
- Tickets purchased to carry excess baggage such as musical instruments and pets or to provide extra space for the primary passenger.
- Charter flights.
- Tickets issued at fares subject to rules that exclude the earning of mileage credit for the fare. Fares excluded from earning mileage credit frequently change, particularly on Airline Partners . You should always check with Delta, the issuing carrier or your travel agent at the time of booking to ensure that the fare you are purchasing qualifies for mileage credit.
- Bookings made through some Internet sites as described at those sites, including without limitation tickets purchased through priceline.com and Hotwire.com.
- The portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges purchased with Pay with Miles redemptions.
- Travel which U.S. carriers are prohibited from providing or facilitating under U.S. sanctions regulations or other applicable law.
- Travel on partner-operated flights to destinations that U.S. carriers are prohibited from providing or facilitating under U.S. sanctions regulations or other applicable law.
- Travel to Cuba on partner-operated flights.
Additional SkyMiles credit restrictions may apply to travel on our partner airlines. For current information on these restrictions, please visit Airline Partners .
Most miles earned through non-airline partner offers are bonus miles. Bonus miles do not count towards Medallion Status or Million Miler Status. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by any companies participating in miles promotions.
Exception fares sometimes referred to as “specialty” or “unpublished” fares including, but not limited to bulk, consolidator, vacation or tour package fare products earn miles based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid as published at Exception Fares at the time of travel. Please check with your travel agent or Exception Fares for details.
You are responsible for verifying that mileage, MQMs, MQSs and MQDs for qualifying activity are credited to your account. All account discrepancies must be reported in writing within nine months of date of activity. Delta is not responsible for the delivery of incoming correspondence. Verbal notification is not accepted. You should maintain copies of tickets/ticket receipts and boarding pass(es) for your records until proper credit appears in your SkyMiles statement.
If mileage credit for a qualifying Delta or Delta Connection® flight or qualifying partner activity is not recorded on your statement within 90 days (30 days for Delta/Delta Connection), please follow these procedures:
For Delta and Delta Connection you can request mileage credit online.
For our airline partners, you can request mileage credit online through the Comment/Complaint form. Or, you can send a copy of your airline ticket/ticket receipt and boarding pass(es) to:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.,
SkyMiles Account Support
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
or fax: 404-773-1945
If you are outside of the U.S., you may send the documents to your nearest international office.
Altered or illegible documents will not be accepted. Alteration of documents or other attempts to obtain mileage credit to which the Member is not entitled are prohibited.
For car, hotel, and miscellaneous partner activity: If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles statement within 90 days after qualifying activity occurs, contact the partner directly.
Mileage earned is subject to compliance with all requirements of the individual partner’s mileage offer, such as membership in the partner’s loyalty program in some cases.
SkyMiles Members can redeem miles for Award Travel and many other rewards. Award Travel is limited to two connections per origin and destination for domestic travel and three connections for international travel. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Mileage will automatically be deducted from your account when completing your mileage redemption transactions. All SkyMiles Award Travel is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract of carriage of the transporting carrier. In addition, the following terms and conditions apply to all Delta and multi-airline partner Award Travel.
Applicable Countries and Territories
Miles may be redeemed for an Award Ticket instantly with your credit card at delta.com when your credit card billing statement is billed to any of the following countries and territories:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Korea, Republic of
- Netherland Antilles
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Islands
- United Kingdom
- United States
- U.S. Virgin Islands
To safeguard against credit card fraud, some reservations will require you to come into one of our ticket office locations to make payment or show us your credit card and ID to have your ticket issued. If the Member that is redeeming miles is not traveling, they can show their credit card and ID at any airport ticket counter or ticket office location, whichever is most convenient.
Miles may be redeemed for Award Tickets in the name of passengers other than the SkyMiles Member, but Award Tickets are nontransferable once issued. Members are prohibited from selling or bartering Award Tickets.
Award Travel Ticketing Restrictions
Award Tickets purchased for travel within or originating in China, Russia, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Brazil and any country in Africa require a 72-hour advance purchase. Members desiring travel within or originating in these markets within 72 hours must go to the airport to purchase their ticket, including reissues. No Exceptions. The advanced purchase applies to all Award bookings in the affected markets.
There are no blackout dates on Delta-operated flights. Blackout dates may apply on partner airline-operated flights and are defined by individual carriers.
BLACKOUT DATES (PARTNER AIRLINE-OPERATED FLIGHTS)
Korean Air (KE)
Feb. 14 - Feb. 19
Feb. 24 - Mar. 1
May 5 - May 7
May 19 - May 22
Jul. 21 - Aug. 18
Sep. 22 - Sep. 27
Oct. 3 - Oct. 9
Dec. 30 - Dec. 31
Feb. 23 - Mar. 2
May 4 - May 7
Jun. 6 - Jun. 8
Jul. 27 - Aug. 24
Sep. 11 - Sep. 16
Oct. 3 - Oct. 9
Feb. 14 - Feb. 19
Jul. 13 - Aug. 18
Sep. 20 - Sep. 27
Oct. 5 - Oct. 7
Feb. 2 - Feb. 7
Jul. 12 - Aug. 16
Sep. 11 - Sep. 16
Oct. 3 - Oct. 7
Dec 20 - Dec. 31
May 11 - Jun. 30
Dec. 7 - Dec. 25
May 16 - July 12
Dec. 10 - Dec. 23
Award seats may be limited and not available on all Delta Connection flights. Pay with Miles redemptions are not capacity controlled.
Changes to Award Travel
Changes to origin, destination, routing, date and time are permitted provided there are no changes to the mileage required for the new itinerary. For paper tickets, once travel has commenced, only date and time changes are permitted unless changes are processed at a Delta ticketing office. Changes to outbound Award Travel must be made 72 hours prior to the departure time of the currently-ticketed outbound flight. Changes to return Award Travel must be made at least 72 hours prior to the departure time of the currently-ticketed return flight. Award Tickets booked within 72 hours of departure are nonrefundable and cannot be redeposited or changed. Taxes and fees apply for any changes. Changes to Pay with Miles tickets are determined by the fare rules of the ticket purchased.
Mileage Upgrade Awards must be surrendered or cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time for miles to be redeposited into Member’s account. Upon reissue, if the Mileage Upgrade Award is not available on the desired alternative flight, the miles will be redeposited into Member’s account. Redeposit fees apply. Mileage Upgrade Awards booked within 72 hours of departure are nonrefundable and cannot be redeposited or changed. Members may reissue or change a Mileage Upgrade Award prior to departure time. Taxes, fees and any additional collection is based on the rules of the purchased fare.
Award prices and Pay with Miles terms and conditions for children and infants are the same as for adults.
Duplicate or Conflicting Reservations
The booking of duplicate or conflicting reservations for Award Travel is prohibited. Delta reserves the right to cancel any duplicate or conflicting reservation without notice.
Lost/Stolen Award Tickets
If a SkyMiles Award Ticket is lost or stolen, notify your nearest Delta representative immediately. A fee will apply for replacement of lost or stolen tickets or certificates.
Mileage Upgrade Awards
All Awards are subject to availability and additional taxes and fees may apply. Fare class restrictions vary by region. To check availability or request an upgrade, contact a Reservations specialist.
- Upgrade Offer: Mileage Upgrade Award is valid for upgraded one-way travel on most Delta Air Lines -and certain Virgin Atlantic/Air France/KLM and Aeromexico-operated flights worldwide, including connecting flights, between the origin and destination of a ticketed fare. Member must have a sufficient mileage balance to upgrade each requested passenger for the eligible one-way flight segment in the reservation. Any stopovers are governed by the fare rule, and additional mileage will be required for broken fares. All rules of the fare purchased will apply except as changed by this offer. SkyMiles mileage credit will be based upon purchased fare class. Space is limited and subject to availability. Seats may not be available on all flights, in all markets, or for select fare classes. With the exception of Virgin Atlantic, Mileage Upgrade Awards allow a one cabin upgrade from the purchased fare.
- Eligibility: Eligible only if flights in the reservation are not being credited to another airline’s frequent traveler program. The following unpublished fares are not eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards: Delta bulk fares, companion fares, group fares, certain pricing programs, Round the World fares, and International Bereavement Fares. Award Travel of any kind cannot be upgraded with a separate award or by paying an additional fee.
- Not Combinable: Mileage Upgrade Awards may not be combined with any other promotional or discount offers or SkyMiles program awards. Valid only with a published qualifying fare.
- Valid Carrier: Valid only on Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection® carrier-operated flights, and certain Virgin Atlantic/Air France/KLM and Aeromexico-operated flights. For Air France-operated flights, upgrades are available from Economy to Premium Economy to Business only on transatlantic Joint Venture flights between U.S. cities and Paris (CDG and ORY). Upgrades are not available on any Air France flights operated using a Boeing 747 aircraft. For Air France/KLM operated flights, upgrade request must be completed 24 hours before the departure. Mileage Upgrade Awards on Virgin Atlantic are only available on flights marketed by Delta Air Lines. Mileage Upgrade awards on Aeromexico are only available on flights marketed by Delta Air Lines and operated by Aeromexico for travel between the United States and Mexico. For passengers connecting in Mexico on flights originating in the United States, mileage upgrade awards for a Domestic Mexico flight are available only if the ticket was booked for a Delta-marketed/Aeroméxico-operated flight.
- Applicable Routes: North America: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings within or between the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. Northern South America: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routing between North America and Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela. International: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings worldwide. Valid only for travel on routings with a published upgradeable fare.
- Applicable Fare Classes:
Within North America and Northern South America (Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela), Mileage Upgrade Awards may be used to upgrade on published fares booked in Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, or T class. For all other International markets, Mileage Upgrade Awards may be used to upgrade only on published fares for Delta-marketed and operated flights booked in Y, B, M, H, Q, or K class. For Air France/KLM marketed and/or operated flights, Mileage Upgrade Awards may be used to upgrade one cabin for flights booked in Y, B, or M class. For Virgin Atlantic, upgrades are available from Y, B, M, H, Q, and K class from Economy Cabin and P, A, and G classes from Premium Economy. For Aeromexico, upgrades are available on Delta’s published fares on Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U or T class. Contact a SkyMiles representative for more information regarding Virgin Atlantic mileage upgrades.
Award Tickets are not eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards.
- Upgrade Reservations and Ticketing: Upgradeable Main Cabin or Delta Comfort+ ticket must be purchased according to the applicable fare rules. Upgraded reservations must be booked in "RP" or "OP" class on Delta. For upgrades processed prior to check-in, boarding passes will be issued at first point of check-in. For upgrades processed after check-in, boarding passes must be reissued by operating carrier.
- Reservation Waitlist: If the Mileage Upgrade Award is not available at the time of request, a Member holding a confirmed, eligible Main Cabin or Delta Comfort+ reservation on a flight may request to be placed on the upgrade waitlist. Waitlist must be requested in advance. Passengers on the waitlist will be accommodated according to Delta's priority rules, which Delta reserves the right to change at any time. Upgrades may be confirmed on Delta or Delta Connection carrier- operated any time up to three hours before departure, if available.
- Airport Standby: Mileage Upgrade Awards do not carry over to the Airport Standby List.
- Flight Irregularities: In the event of flight cancellation or itinerary change, previously confirmed upgrades are subject to cancellation.
- SkyMiles: Mileage credited will be awarded based on the original Main Cabin or Delta Comfort+ fare purchased.
- Changes: Voluntary changes in reservations on ticketed itineraries are permitted only pursuant to the rules of the fare purchased, but upgrade is not guaranteed and will depend on availability and terms and conditions. Where permitted, changes may require payment of a change fee and/or any difference in the applicable fare. All reissues must be completed by Delta Reservations. If a Member is re-accommodated on another carrier they will be seated in Main Cabin. Customers are required to request changes to Mileage Upgrade Awards at least 72 hours prior to original scheduled departure time of flight being changed.
- Sale/Barter Prohibited: Mileage Upgrade Awards may not be sold or bartered. Delta reserves the right to terminate the SkyMiles account and/or deduct mileage from the account of any SkyMiles Member who sells or barters Mileage Upgrade Awards, or who sells or barters mileage credit, vouchers, Award certificates or Award Tickets. Improperly obtained upgrades/tickets are VOID and will be confiscated. Members trying to use such tickets must pay the applicable fare to Delta to travel. Purchased or auctioned Mileage Upgrade Awards are subject to confiscation and travel will not be permitted.
- Other Terms & Conditions Apply: Mileage Upgrade Awards and transportation pursuant to it are subject to all terms and conditions of Delta's contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules. The payment of taxes, surcharges and fees charged by government agencies or a non-government source is the passenger’s responsibility unless otherwise exempted. For certain destinations, additional taxes may apply for travel in Business Class. View Delta’s current contract of carriage and SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules.
- Rule Changes: Delta reserves the right to change its contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules at any time and without notice. Without limitation, Delta reserves the right to modify or eliminate the Mileage Upgrade Awards program or change the rules for Mileage Upgrade Award usage.
For more details about Mileage Upgrade Awards, please visit Mileage Upgrade Awards.
Miles + Cash Award Tickets
Miles + Cash is a redemption option on Award Tickets offered to SkyMiles Members during the booking process on select round-trip flights, that allows the Member to pay for their flight using a combination of miles and dollars.
Tickets purchased using Miles + Cash are Award tickets and are subject to all the limitations of Award tickets, including being ineligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs), Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs). Vouchers, eCredit, gift cards, unused tickets, etc., cannot be used on Miles + Cash itineraries. Award tickets are subject to availability and additional taxes and fees may apply. Redemption requirements for Award tickets differ based upon flight(s) sought. Miles + Cash may not be available in all markets or on all flights. All SkyMiles program rules apply.
Refunds: Mileage purchases in Miles + Cash transactions are nonrefundable. All Award ticket change fees apply. In the event of ticket changes or cancellations, miles, including miles purchased as part of a Miles + Cash transaction, will be redeposited in the Member’s SkyMiles account.
Name changes are not permitted once an Award Ticket or Pay with Miles ticket has been issued.
All open jaw itineraries will be priced based on One-Way Award Travel pricing rules.
Rules for Award Travel on other SkyMiles partner airlines may vary. The prices and benefits for each Award and each partner airline are subject to change at any time and are subject to the terms and conditions of each partner airline. Some airline partners impose a surcharge on Award Travel redemptions for travel on their airline. These charges, when applicable, are the responsibility of the passenger and will be collected at the time of booking.
Pay with Miles
Pay with Miles is a mileage redemption option that allows you to pay for eligible tickets with miles, money or a combination of both. This option is an exclusive benefit for SkyMiles Members with a Gold, Platinum or Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. In some instances, Award Tickets may require fewer miles. Members are prohibited from selling or bartering tickets purchased with the Pay with Miles benefit. Open jaw, routing, stopover and ticket validity rules for Pay with Miles tickets are determined by the fare rules of the ticket purchased. Pay with Miles redemptions can only be made when booking a trip on delta.com. Pay with Miles redemption levels and thresholds are subject to change without notice. Visit Pay with Miles for current redemption options and complete terms and conditions.
Payment for Award Tickets
When redeeming tickets at delta.com, immediate payment with a credit or debit card is required at the time of ticketing.
The following credit cards are accepted:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Discover® Network
We are unable to accept certain foreign-issued Diners Club cards. In addition, one-time use credit card numbers provided by some credit card companies are permitted only if tickets are purchased at least 6 days before departure.
Debit cards are accepted for ticket payment, but here are some details to keep in mind:
- Some banks may limit your per-transaction amount.
- Delays can occur when charges are reversed on a debit card.
- Bank processing times vary for removing the hold against your account.
Please check with your bank before purchasing.
eCredits are electronic vouchers that can be applied towards the cost of your ticket for travel on Delta Air Lines, Delta Shuttle, Delta Connection and Delta designated codeshare flights. They are only valid for payment of tickets and government imposed taxes and fees. They are not valid for other types of fees and they do not have any cash value.
eCredits can be redeemed here at delta.com or at any airport or city ticket office. When you use delta.com there's no transaction fee. A fee may apply when using any other location. Charges only apply to tickets issued in select European countries and may be waived upon request. Charges are wavied for all other points of sale. eCredits cannot be redeemed at travel agencies, other airlines, or other travel web sites.
Each eCredit has its own set of Terms & Conditions and can vary based on date of issue.
Examples of eCredit types:
- Travel Credit Voucher (TCV)
- Delta Travel Voucher (DTV)
- Delta Dollars (DBC)
- Miscellaneous Charge Order (MCO)
- Unused or partially used past date tickets
- Electronic Gift Certificates
Paper vouchers cannot be redeemed online. To redeem a paper voucher, visit a Delta ticket counter at the airport or a Delta Ticket Office.
Award Tickets and Pay with Miles tickets will not be issued for travel that U.S. carriers are prohibited from providing or facilitating under U.S. sanctions regulations or other applicable law.
Regions included in Award Travel
- Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, Saba, Saint Eustatius, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Maarten, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands and US Virgin Islands
- Central America: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama
- Northern South America: Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela
- Southern South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay
- Europe: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark (excluding Greenland), Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Malta, Moldova (Republic of), Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including Azores and Madeira), Romania, Russia (West of the Ural Mountains), San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including Canary Islands), Svalbard and Jan Mayen Island, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Vatican City
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Libyan Arab Jamahirija, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania (United Republic of), Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Middle East: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic, United Arab Emirates (composed of Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras El Khaimah, Sharjah, Umm Al Qaiwain), Uzbekistan, Yemen (Republic of)
- South Asian Subcontinent: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory; India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Northern Asia: China, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Korea (Republic of), Micronesia, Philippines and Taiwan, Russia (East of the Ural Mountains), Guam and Saipan
- Southeast Asia: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos (People's Democratic Republic of), Macau SAR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor Leste, Turkmenistan and Vietnam
- Southwest Pacific: American Samoa, Australia, Christmas Islands, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna Islands
Responsibility for Taxes, Fees & Other Charges
The payment of any taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges is the responsibility of the passenger. Award Travel tickets do not include a $4.00 Federal Excise Tax, Passenger Facility Charge(s) of up to $4.50 for each flight segment, or the September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. Award Travel tickets to/from Hawaii/Alaska do not include U.S. International Air Transportation Tax of up to $17.40 round-trip.
Award Travel tickets for international travel, including for travel to/from PR/U.S. Virgin Islands, do not include U.S. International Air Transportation Tax of up to $35.00 and U.S. and foreign user, inspection, security or other similarly based charges, fees or taxes of up to $349, depending on itinerary. Award redemption requires payment of at least $11.20 in U.S. government taxes and fees for domestic itineraries and may include up to $600 for foreign government taxes and fees and/or carrier-imposed fees for international itineraries. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. In some instances, the government may elect to collect the fees directly from the passenger. Some airline partners charge a fee for Award Travel redemptions for travel on their airlines. These fees, when applicable, are the responsibility of the passenger and will be collected at the time of booking. Additional fees apply for some mileage transactions, for example:
- Award redemption at an airport ticket location or Delta city ticket office
- Any changes to an Award Ticket after it is issued
- Cancellation of an Award Ticket and redeposit of miles into an account
- Replacement of lost or stolen tickets
- Tickets issued by Delta Reservation Sales
This is not a complete list, and Delta reserves the right to change fees or add additional fees at any time without advance notice. Please visit delta.com/fees for our current fee schedule.
Routing restrictions apply for Award Travel. Valid routings vary based on the operating carriers of the Award Ticket. Any exceptions or variations to these routings may require additional mileage for the Award.
The SkyMiles Marketplace, which offers a variety of redemption options including hotel stays, car rentals, luggage and travel accessories, is available only to Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion Members, or customers that have an eligible U.S.-based Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express (Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Delta Reserve Credit Card, or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card).
Delta Gift Card
All U.S.-based SkyMiles Members are eligible to redeem miles toward Delta Gift Cards through the SkyMiles Marketplace. Delta Gift Card availability may vary, and Delta Gift Card terms and conditions apply.
SkyMiles Marketplace terms apply for all redemption options, including hotel stays, luggage, and travel accessories.
Standby is permitted only if allowed by the carrier on which travel will occur.
Award Tickets may be issued only by Delta/Delta Connection carriers and only on Delta ticket stock.
All other air travel must be ticketed separately from Award Travel. For international Award Travel, if a published routing does not exist between two cities or service is not offered via a published routing, travel must be within the maximum permitted mileage. Completely open tickets will not be issued.
Mileage Upgrade Awards must have a Main Cabin ticket issued prior to confirming an upgrade Award Seat. Upgraded tickets using a Mileage Upgrade Award must be issued by Delta.
An Award Ticket to domestic destinations, governed by domestic tariffs, requires all travel be completed within one year from the date of the original ticket issue, unless specified otherwise for a promotional Award Ticket.
For destinations governed by international tariffs, unless specified otherwise for a promotional Award Ticket, a ticket for international transportation is valid one year from date of issue of the original ticket. An unused ticket must be reissued and travel must commence within one year from date of issue of the original ticket. Once travel commences, all travel must be completed within one year from the date travel commenced.
Reissue does not extend ticket validity.
Unused Award Tickets
Unused Award Tickets may be surrendered to Delta at least 72 hours prior to the original flight departure time for cancellation of the ticket and redeposit of miles into the Member's account. Fees apply. Miles redeemed for Award Tickets not cancelled at least 72 hours prior to original flight departure time are nonrefundable. Taxes and fees for unused Award Tickets are refundable upon request. Award Tickets booked within 72 hours of departure are nonrefundable and cannot be redeposited or changed.
Once travel has commenced on an Award Ticket, the Award is considered used. Mileage will not be credited back to the account for the unused portion of the ticket. For information, contact a SkyMiles representative directly by calling 1-800-323-2323. If you are a Medallion® Member, check the Contact Us section in the Fly Delta app for your dedicated phone line. Unused Pay with Miles tickets are subject to the Pay with Miles terms and conditions.
Upgrade with Miles
You can use your miles to pay the difference in a Main Cabin fare and a premium cabin fare for eligible flights within the U.S. 50.
Upgrade with Miles tickets are eligible on select Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flights booked under the DL code at delta.com or Delta Reservations.
Redemption requirements may differ based on fare. The amount of miles that can be used on an Upgrade with Miles ticket is based on the SkyMiles Member's account balance. Any miles used will be automatically and permanently deducted from the Member's SkyMiles account at the time of the redemption. For reservations that include multiple passengers, only one SkyMiles account may be used to redeem for an Upgrade with Miles ticket. Upgrade with Miles applies to all passengers in the reservation. Not combinable with certificates, e-Credits, vouchers, or with any other discounts. Upgrade with Miles tickets are eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs). Mileage credit will be earned based on the cash amount of the ticket purchased (base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges remaining and paid in currency after miles are applied to the ticket total). Upgrade with Miles tickets are also eligible to earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) for the portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges remaining and paid in currency after miles are applied to the ticket total. Upgrade with Miles tickets purchased entirely with miles are not eligible for mileage accrual, MQMs, MQSs, or MQDs. All Upgrade with Miles are subject to availability, and additional taxes and fees may apply. Government-imposed taxes and fees are not eligible for mileage accrual or MQDs. All fare rules, restrictions, advance purchase requirements, and availability are per rules of the upgraded ticket purchased. All SkyMiles program rules apply.
Except for tickets refunded under Delta's Risk Free Cancellation policy, miles redeemed for Upgrade with Miles tickets cannot be re-deposited in the Member's SkyMiles Account — even for fully refundable fares. In the event of a ticket being reissued, any residual dollar value between the original price of the ticket purchased using Upgrade with Miles and the reissued ticket price, can only be returned as a nonrefundable e-Credit valid for future travel. E-Credit will be valid for 1 year from original Upgrade with Miles ticket issue date. Residual e-Credit value will follow current Delta e-Credit rules and will not be applicable on non-transportation fees. Unused Upgrade with Miles tickets can be used as an e-Credit when it is a primary exchange document. All Upgrade with Miles terms and conditions will apply to any ticket purchased using an unused Upgrade with Miles ticket.
In the event of a refund (including fully refundable fares) only the paid portion of a refundable fare will be credited back to the credit card, and the Upgrade with Miles portion of the fare will be returned as non-refundable e-Credit equivalent to the dollar value of the portion of the ticket redeemed with Upgrade with Miles. E-Credit may be used to purchase future travel and Upgrade with Miles terms and conditions will not apply to such tickets. For non-refundable tickets, all fare rules apply.
In the event of a valid ticket cancellation under Delta's Risk Free Cancellation policy, Upgrade with Miles portion of the fare will be redeposited into the Member's SkyMiles account and the paid portion of the fare will be credited back to the credit card.
For more details about Upgrade with Miles, please visit Upgrade with Miles.
Award Tickets and Pay with Miles tickets are not eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards, Global Upgrades or Regional Upgrades. Medallion Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets and Pay with Miles tickets are available to Medallion Members as well as one traveling companion who is a SkyMiles Member traveling in the same reservation. Visit Medallion Upgrades for more information.
Waitlisting is subject to the guidelines specified by the carrier on which travel will occur.
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades
Medallion Complimentary Upgrades are subject to availability and may not be available on all flights or in all markets.
Basic Economy (E) fares are not eligible for paid or Medallion Complimentary Upgrades, regardless of Medallion or other elite status.
Complimentary Delta Comfort+® seats are not available for selection by any passenger while onboard the aircraft regardless of Status or fare class. If the Medallion or partner airline elite Member is no longer traveling on their original reservation, the companion traveling on the original reservation will no longer be eligible for complimentary Delta Comfort+® seating, and their Delta Comfort+ seat assignment may be removed.
Delta Comfort+® as a fare is available for purchase in markets throughout the U.S. 50, Canada, Asia Pacific Region, Latin America / Caribbean Regions and most markets within the transatlantic region, and are governed by the applicable fare rules rather than these terms and conditions. This includes travel between the U.S. 50 and Canada to the Asia Pacific region or within the Asia Pacific region, including China and Hong Kong, as well as travel to Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and South America including Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile. Delta Comfort+ as a fare is all offered on all flights within Africa, India and the Middle East and most flights within Europe including the UK. Delta Comfort+® seating is offered on Delta's two-cabin aircraft, subject to availability. Features differ according to flight type/destination/aircraft. Domestic flights offer up to 3 more inches of legroom and international flights offer up to 4 more inches than the standard Main Cabin seat. Increased recline is offered on all long-haul international flights 6.5+ hours, select long-haul domestic flights Complimentary beer, wine, and spirits are offered in Delta Comfort+ on all flights that offer beverage service in the Main Cabin; in addition, complimentary beer, wine, and spirits are offered in the Main Cabin on all long-haul international flights. Delta Comfort+® offers premium snack options on flights 900 miles and greater as well as select routes under 900 miles, and dedicated overhead bin space. Dedicated overhead bin space is subject to availability. Delta Comfort+® fees are charged per customer per segment on international itineraries where seats are purchased as an ancillary product after ticketing. Except with respect to Basic Economy fares, SkyMiles Medallions and select partner airline elite members and up to one companion traveling on the same reservation may be eligible for complimentary Delta Comfort+® access within a specified time prior to departure based on the applicable complimentary window of the highest SkyMiles Medallion Member in the same reservation. Complimentary Delta Comfort+® seats are not available for selection by any passenger while onboard the aircraft regardless of Status or fare class. Basic Economy fares are not eligible for paid or complimentary Delta Comfort+®, regardless of Medallion or other elite status. If the Medallion or partner airline elite member is no longer traveling on their original reservation, the companion traveling on the original reservation will no longer be eligible for complimentary Delta Comfort+® seating, and their Delta Comfort+® seat assignment may be removed. SkyMiles Members can earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) and applicable mileage accruals for purchases of Delta Comfort+ seats when purchased through a Delta channel including delta.com, Fly Delta mobile app, Delta Reservations, Delta kiosks, and select Delta airport locations (featuring an electronic document number beginning with “006”). SkyMiles Members can earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) for purchases of Delta Comfort+ seats when purchased through a Delta channel (featuring an electronic document number beginning with “006”). If a Delta Comfort+® seat is purchased at the airport in Amsterdam (AMS) or Paris (CDG) for a Delta operated flight, the Member will not earn miles or MQDs. MQDs will not be awarded for complimentary access to Delta Comfort+. Miles and MQDs cannot be awarded when a SkyMiles number is not included in the purchase transaction. Miles and MQDs may only be earned by the Member traveling whose name and SkyMiles number is included in the reservation.
We reserve the right to assign or reassign a Delta Comfort+® seat at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft, for operational, safety or security reasons. The final decision resides with the ground staff and operating crew on the day of the flight. If a customer voluntarily changes his/her seat once purchased, a refund for the original seat purchased as an ancillary product will not be provided and no MQDs will be awarded. Refunds will be issued to any reassigned customer if the customer is not moved to a comparable or better seat and no MQDs will be awarded. If a customer voluntarily changes his/her flight or seat selection once purchased, a refund for the original seat purchase will not be provided and no MQDs will be awarded.
Complimentary Preferred Seats
Preferred Seating is offered on Delta and Delta Connection® flights, subject to availability. Except with respect to Basic Economy fares, Preferred Seats are complimentary for Medallion® Members, SkyTeam® Elite and SkyTeam® Elite Plus members, and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold members and their companions when they are booked in the same reservation. Preferred seats are also complimentary for customers that have purchased full Y, B and M fares. Preferred seats are available for sale to customers who are not eligible for complimentary preferred seats, excluding customers traveling on Basic Economy fares, starting at 45 days prior to departure in all markets. In select Asia markets, which are subject to change, preferred seats will be available for purchase at the time of ticketing based on availability. Fees will be charged per customer per segment. SkyMiles Members can earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) for purchases of Preferred Seats only when purchased through a Delta channel including delta.com, Fly Delta mobile app, Delta Reservations, Delta kiosks and select Delta airport locations. If a Preferred Seat is purchased at the airport in Amsterdam (AMS) or Paris (CDG) for a Delta-operated flight, the Member will not earn miles or MQDs. MQDs will not be awarded for complimentary access to Preferred Seats. MQDs may only be earned by the Member traveling whose name and SkyMiles number is included in the reservation. Customers seated in the bulkhead row may be reassigned to accommodate passengers with disabilities. We reserve the right to assign or reassign a Preferred Seat at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft, for operational, safety or security reasons; the final decision resides with ground staff and operating crew on the day of the flight. Refunds will be issued to any reassigned customer if the customer is not moved to a comparable or better seat and no MQDs will be awarded. If a customer voluntarily changes his/her flight or seat selection once purchased, a refund for the original seat purchase will not be provided and no MQDs will be awarded. Prices, offers, rules, and benefits subject to change
Baggage fee waiver applies to up to 9 people traveling in the eligible Member's reservation. Excess, oversize, and/or overweight baggage fees may apply.
Basic Economy (E) fares are not eligible to make same-day confirmed or same-day standby travel changes, regardless of Medallion or other elite status.
Mileage and Accrual
General SkyMiles Members earn five miles per dollar spent. Silver Medallion Members earn two additional miles per dollar (for a total of seven), Gold Medallion Members earn an additional three miles per dollar (for a total of eight), Platinum Medallion Members earn four additional miles per dollar (for a total of nine), and Diamond Medallion Members earn six additional miles per dollar (for a total of eleven).Ticket price eligible for mileage accrual includes base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges, but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees. Medallion mileage bonus per USD spent based on earned Medallion Status at the time of travel.
In order to receive the Medallion mileage bonus, a Member must earn Medallion Status through either the required Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) and Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs - U.S.-based Members only). Members who attain Status through the Million Miler program or Choice Benefits program will also earn the Medallion mileage bonus.
Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs)
Rollover benefit means MQMs earned in 2017 above a Member’s earned Medallion Tier will roll over to 2018 and count toward 2019 Medallion Status Qualification. Members who do not achieve any Tier of earned Medallion Status through the published requirements are ineligible for rollover MQMs. Members who receive complimentary or gifted Medallion Status are only eligible for rollover MQMs if they also earn at least Silver Medallion Status through the published requirements. Members who successfully complete a Status Match Challenge are also eligible for Rollover MQMs based on their earned Medallion Status.
- If a Member is gifted Gold Medallion Status in 2017 and also earns 30,000 MQMs and $3,000 MQDs in 2017, they will be able to roll over 5,000 MQMs since they met the earned Silver Medallion Qualification requirements level.
- If a Member is gifted Platinum Medallion Status in 2017 and also earns 22,000 MQMs and $7,000 MQDs in 2016, they will be ineligible for Rollover MQMs since they did not meet the qualification requirements for earned Silver Medallion Status.
Rollover MQMs will post to your SkyMiles account by the end of January each year.
Delta Sky Club® Membership
Diamond Medallion Club Membership: Members who qualify for Diamond Medallion Status may select Delta Sky Club access through their Choice Benefits. All Choice Benefit terms and conditions apply. For full terms and conditions, please visit Choice Benefits.
Executive Membership: Executive Memberships will receive complimentary access to Delta Sky Club for the Member and up to two guests or their immediate family per visit, provided that Delta determines that adequate space exists, until membership expiration. Immediate family is defined as a spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age. Members with an Executive Membership may bring in up to two additional guests at the rate of $29 per guest, per Club visit. At the time of expiration, Members will have the option to purchase one of the membership plans available at that time.
Individual Membership: Individual Memberships will include complimentary Delta Sky Club access for the Member only. Members with an Individual Membership may bring in up to two guests at the rate of $29 per guest, per Club visit.
Other Terms and Conditions: All Delta Sky Club membership terms, conditions and house rules apply to Delta Sky Club membership and use. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub. Offers and rules subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply.
Access to and use of Delta Sky Priority benefits are reserved for Delta One, First and Business Class passengers, Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion Members, and SkyTeam Elite Plus members on Delta and Delta Connection® flights. All Sky Priority rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skypriority.
Members who reach Diamond or Platinum Medallion Status are immediately eligible to select Choice Benefits. Centurion Card Members who are awarded complimentary Platinum Medallion Status must fly a minimum of eight Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) after Status is awarded to be eligible for Choice Benefits. Eligibility for Choice Benefits is based upon a Status change to Diamond or Platinum Medallion within a given Status year. Members who qualify for 2018 Status in 2017 will only be eligible for 2018 Choice Benefits. Choice Benefit selections for 2018 Status need to be made by January 31, 2019. Members who qualify for 2019 Status in 2018 will only be eligible for 2019 Choice Benefits. Choice Benefit selections for 2019 Status need to be made by January 31, 2020. Once redeemed, Choice Benefits cannot be exchanged or replaced. Diamond Medallion Members can make multiple selections of the same benefit, excluding Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates and Delta Sky Club Memberships. Diamond Medallion Members may choose the same benefit they picked for their Platinum selection for any of their Diamond selections. For full terms and conditions, please visit Choice Benefits.
All Upgrade Certificate terms and conditions apply. To review, please visit Medallion Upgrades.
SkyTeam® Lounge Access
Complimentary access to most worldwide SkyTeam lounges is available to Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion Members when traveling in any cabin on a same-day international SkyTeam-operated flight. Members must present membership card and their same-day ticket for an international SkyTeam-operated flight or same-day domestic SkyTeam-operated flight connecting to an international SkyTeam-operated flight for SkyTeam lounge access. SkyTeam lounge benefits are provided only at the departure airport and not at the arrival airport unless connecting to a qualifying SkyTeam flight. One guest allowed.
The Crossover RewardsTM program between SkyMiles and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) ended on July 15, 2018.
Medallion Status Exceptions for U.S. Military Members
Members of the United States Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard who were not able to use their Medallion Status or did not requalify for Medallion Status as a result of their deployment are eligible for a one-time Medallion Status extension. Upon return from deployment, military members are eligible to extend their Medallion Status for one additional Medallion year upon providing a copy of their deployment orders. For example, if the extension is granted anytime in 2017, your Medallion Status will be maintained until the end of the 2018 Medallion year on January 31, 2019. If the extension is granted anytime in 2018, your Medallion Status will be maintained until the end of the 2019 Medallion year on January 31, 2020.
The Medallion Status request can be submitted once the military member returns home from deployment. Requests may not be made before or during deployment.
Any deployment will qualify, regardless of length, as long as it takes place during the time they have Medallion Status. Members do not currently need to be on active duty to request an exception. Reserve members are eligible.
To submit a request:
- Visit the Comment/Complaint form
- In step 1, on the “Category” drop down menu, select “Ask a Question”
- On the “Subcategory” drop down menu, select “SkyMiles Account”
- On the “Subcategory 2” drop down menu, select “Update SkyMiles Account”
- In step 2, be sure to include your SkyMiles number and email address
- In step 3, attach a copy of your deployment orders and include the dates of military deployment
Requests will be reviewed and processed within 2-4 weeks. Upon approval of your request, you will see your updated Medallion Status reflected in your account on the My SkyMiles page or in the SkyMiles section of the Fly Delta app.
Other Program Rules
Premium Sales and Services: Premium Sales and Services is available when calling from the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands.
Drink Vouchers: Digital voucher/coupon is good for use on Delta Air Lines or Delta Connection® carriers only. You may find vouchers in the Fly Delta app or find them in My Wallet at delta.com, where you can print them or access them on your smartphone. To access vouchers before a flight, open the Fly Delta app on your phone before putting it into airplane mode prior to takeoff. As long as you don’t close out of the app you will still be able to view your drink vouchers. To access vouchers while in flight, connect to Gogo Wi-Fi and open the Fly Delta app on your phone. You may enjoy free access to the Fly Delta app while in flight, subject to Gogo availability by flight and route. Voucher must be printed when flying on Delta Connection carriers operated on an aircraft without a First Class cabin. Please check your My Trips listing for aircraft details. Voucher is subject to all applicable laws and void where prohibited by law. Must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages. All selections are subject to availability. Duplicated or altered vouchers will not be accepted. Vouchers cannot be sold, bartered, redeemed for cash, or exchanged for any item other than the listed items. Voucher expiration date is noted directly on the voucher.
Other Terms and Conditions: All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits, respectively. Prices, offers, rules and benefits subject to change without notice. Offers and benefits void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.
®Registered Trademark, Marca Registrada, Marque Déposée. Trademarks registered or registrations applied for in countries of the world by Delta Corporate Identity, Inc.
Last updated 7/23/2018