Regarding Requesting Medallion® Upgrades
This process allows Medallion® members to request one-class upgrades at the time of booking or for a confirmed itinerary after purchase even if the request is outside of your upgrade time window.
- Upgrades will be confirmed based on confirmation window, availability, fare class, and time of request.
- Once you have requested an upgrade and if your upgrade cannot be confirmed at that time (because it is outside of your upgrade time window, or if seats are not available), your upgrade status will be shown as "On Request".
- If your upgrade is confirmed, the upgrade status will be shown as "Confirmed". You will be able to verify the status of your upgrade online when you view your itinerary. An e-mail notification will be sent when your upgrade is confirmed.
- Upgrades will continue to clear as availability changes—up to 3 hours prior to departure. If your upgrade is not confirmed at the time of check-in, you can be added to the upgrade standby list at the airport. This can be requested at a kiosk or through a Delta representative. Be sure to add yourself to the list no later than 30 minutes before departure to be eligible for an upgrade. Upgrades cannot be requested online within 3 hours before departure.
- The Medallion® member and the traveling companion must fly together on the same flights.
- The traveling companion must be a SkyMiles member.
- Upgrades will be confirmed using the automated upgrade process based on seat availability, time before departure, fare class purchased, and the lower of the two SkyMiles membership levels.
- Upgrades will be confirmed for both passengers at the same time. The automated upgrade process will not clear upgrade requests for one passenger with the other still on request.
- Upgrades are not valid for companions who are general SkyMiles members and are booked on Award Travel Pay with Miles award tickets.