Airport Advisory Information
Your time is valuable. Whether you're flying for business or going on vacation with your family, we want to help make your travel experience as stress-free as possible.
During your travels, you may run into longer than normal wait times or other airport delays. And even though these delays may be out of Delta's control, we want you to be aware so you can plan accordingly.
For customers departing Brussels Zaventem International Airport (BRU) effective April 2016, the airport authority has advised Delta that all Brussels passengers should keep the following in mind:
- Arriving no later than three hours prior to departure is recommended in order to proceed through the check-in process and primary security screening controlled by Belgian federal police. Delta will have check-in counters open beginning at four hours prior to departure.
- Only ticketed passengers for same-day travel with their travel belongings will have access to the arrival and departure levels inside the airport terminal.
- All vehicles will have to be parked at designated parking lots – there is no drop-off zone for passengers. Customers can also expect vehicle searches.
- A 10-minute walk can be expected from parking lots to the temporary check-in terminal main entrance.
- Passengers must present a printed itinerary (mobile boarding passes or display of itinerary or other proof of travel on a mobile device are not permitted) or boarding pass for same-day travel with their travel document (such as a valid passport). No entry is possible without proper documents and multiple inspection points of printed documents can be expected.
- Passengers requiring wheelchair assistance will be accommodated but limited elevators could result in additional time needed to clear security.
- Until further notice, passengers using temporary check-in facilities are not allowed to check-in weapons of any kind, including antique, sport or hunting.
Beginning April 22, Delta accepts departing unaccompanied minors. Guardians should present minors to the temporary service desk located across from the police pre-check nearby the bus station (Level 0) between the hours of 5am and 9am. You must do this prior to entering the police pre-check zone.
Guardians are informed that:
- S/he is obligated to accompany the minor to the gate.
- Only one person is allowed to enter with minor.
- Valid ID / passport must be presented for guardian.
- Guardian must remain at gate until the flight has departed.
Please review the following updates that impact our operations at Denver Airport (DEN):
- Effective April 5, 2016, all Delta flights will move from Concourse C to gates 26-31 in Concourse A.
- On April 18, 2016, our check-in operations and Baggage Service Office (BSO) will be relocated to the South End.
Please review the following updates that impact our operation at Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport (DFW):
- Effective April 19, 2016, all Delta flights will move to gates 12-17 in Terminal E. Our Delta Sky Club® will also change locations and will be located between gates E10 and E11.
- On April 21, 2016, all Delta check-in operations will move from checkpoint E18 to E16.
- On April 25, 2016, our baggage carousel and Baggage Service Office (BSO) will move to E14.
(AMS) - TRAVEL THROUGH & FROM AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
Customers departing Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport (AMS) to the United States will report to a new Pre-Departure Center (PDC) for required security checks at either gate D1 or E4. Delta One™ and Business Class customers or SkyTeam Elite Plus members can expedite their security check at the KLM Crown Loungeopens in a new window.
Here are some helpful tips upon arrival:
- Please arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure. You are required to check-in at least 1 hour before your scheduled departure time and at your designated gate at least 50 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Check-in online, at the Delta counter/kiosk or through the Fly Delta App.
- The gate information displayed on your boarding pass and flight information monitors will direct your assigned security check gate at either D1 or E4.
- For customers not on a connecting itinerary, passport control will be located in a single security area located on the mezzanine level above the check-in area and the transfer points. After going through this centralized security checkpoint, you may proceed to either gate D1 or E4 as indicated on your boarding pass.
- Following the security check, you will receive a receipt indicating your flight’s departure gate and boarding time.
TRAVELING FROM BRAZIL
Per Brazilian legislation, Brazilian citizens under the age of 18 and traveling without both parents are required to present additional documentation in order to depart Brazil. This requirement also applies to minors with dual nationality or those born in Brazil and who are not Brazilian citizens
The requirements are as noted for passengers under the age of 18:
- Passengers who are traveling with only one of the parents/legal guardians must have a notarized letter with authorization from the other parent/legal guardian.
- A passenger traveling alone or accompanied by someone other than the parents/legal guardians must have a notarized letter with authorization from both parents/legal guardians.
- Judicial authorization will be required for travel of Brazilian citizens under 18 if accompanied by an adult that is not a Brazilian citizen and resides abroad, provided (i) such adult is not the parent/legal guardian of the minor or (ii) the minor, though born in Brazil, does not have Brazilian citizenship.
Authorization is not required for minors traveling with both parents or non-Brazil citizens that were not born in Brazil.
For more information regarding Brazil documentation requirements, please click on the link below or contact the consulate in the child’s country of residence.
Click Cartilha de Viagem de Menores ao Exterioropens in a new window to view a guide released by Brazilian authorities. To view a standard authorization form please click: http://www.cnj.jus.br/programas-e-acoes/viagem-ao-exterioropens in a new window
(CUN) - TRAVEL FROM CANCUN, MEXICO
Cancun International Airport (CUN) is currently experiencing peak-season traffic, resulting in long lines at check-in and security checkpoints. We encourage passengers to check in online at delta.com or via the Fly Delta app prior to your flight to help reduce delays. Additionally, please plan to:
- Print a boarding pass prior to arrival at the airport or be prepared to show an electronic boarding pass using your mobile phone
- Arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to departure time
- Keep the Mexican Immigration card you receive upon arrival at CUN with your passport, as you will need to present both to immigration when exiting the country
- Pay for bag fees, Preferred Seats, upgrades to Delta Comfort+™ or other travel fees online at delta.com prior to arriving at CUN.
(FCO) - TRAVEL THROUGH ROME, ITALY
Due to renovation work in Terminal 3, passengers traveling through Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (FCO) in Rome, Italy will be re re-routed by airport authority and should allow for at least an additional 45 minutes to get in between gates between Terminal 3 and Terminal 1 and 2. Upon arrival, signage and airport authority gate agents will provide assistance to ensure that you are aware of the new routing between gates and baggage claim.
Below is the arrival process for customers flying on joint venture Alitalia/Delta or Delta/Alitalia connecting customer
1. Schengen to International
• When you arrive from an Alitalia Schengen flight in Terminal 1, proceed to gate B29-30 which is located at the far end of Terminal 1.
• Once at Terminal 1, proceed through the passport control and board the bus located at the blue lane, which will take you to Terminal 3 or G3 Gate (note: Delta and Alitalia US flights depart from G gates). Pickup times are approximately every 15 minutes but can be longer based on the level of traffic.
2. International to Schengen
• Upon approval from Delta or Alitalia US arrival flight in Terminal 3, also G Gates, take the train to the main facility of Terminal 3.
• From there, proceed through the passport control and security check point.
• Turn right to gate H10 and take the bus, which will transport you to Terminal 1 (note: Alitalia Schengen flights depart from Terminal 1).
• Pickup times are approximately every 15 minutes but can be longer based on the level of traffic.
3. International to International
• The process remains for these terminals and will proceed as normal.
Effective December 2nd 2015, the Delta check-in and security areas at Sao Paulo–Guarulhos International Airport (GRU) will be renamed. Our counters and checkpoints will maintain their current locations, but check-in will now be called Terminal 2 – Check-In C and the Security Checkpoint will be Terminal 2 – Checkpoint E. Please call 0800-761-0035 should you need further information regarding these changes.
(IST) - Travel From Istanbul
Due to increased security screening at Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST), passengers should arrive at the airport at least 3½ hours prior to the flight’s scheduled departure time and should be at the gate at least 1½ hours prior.
(JAC) - Traveling from Jackson Hole, WY
During Wyoming’s ski season, Jackson Hole Airport (JAC) will experience a high volume of passengers traveling during December through early April. This can result in long lines at the TSA security checkpoint, so we encourage customers to arrive at least 2 hours prior to your flight’s departure.
(JNB) - TRAVEL TO/FROM JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA
Effective June 1, 2015, all customers under the age of 18 are required to show an unabridged birth certificate in addition to their passport when exiting and entering South African airport security checkpoints. This Department of Home Affairs requirement applies to children of every nationality whether they are traveling with parents, with an adult other than a parent or unaccompanied by an adult. Without the correct documents, minors will not be allowed to board their flight.
Documentation requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- In addition to a passport, an original, unabridged, or certified (with seal or stamp) copy of the child’s full birth certificate issued within the last 3 months is required for all trips.
- All travel documents must be in English or accompanied by a certified translation.
- Exceptions may apply. Details are outlined in the DHA final immigration regulationopens in a new window - section six: Admission and Departure Subsection 10 – 12.
- Please note: Travelers who arrive in South Africa without the required documentation can be detained and/or deported immediately.
When a minor is traveling with one parent, additional documentation is required. The parent must show the child’s unabridged birth certificate and one of the following documents:
- Consent from the other parent in the form of an affidavit authorizing the traveling parent to enter or depart from the Republic of South Africa with their child. This affidavit must come from the other individual who is registered as a parent on the child’s birth certificate. To view a sample affidavit, please Learn moreopens in a new window.
- A court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights of legal guardianship of the child as the parent or legal guardian of the child.
- If applicable, a death certificate of the other individual registered as a parent on the child’s birth certificate.
Please visit the Department of Home Affairs websiteopens in a new window or consult your nearest South African Mission for more details.
(LHR) - Travel to/from London-Heathrow
- Effective Oct 25, 2015 (local arrival/departure time), Delta-operated flights between London-Heathrow (LHR), Atlanta (ATL), Detroit (DTW), Minneapolis (MSP), and Philadelphia (PHL) will arrive and depart from LHR Terminal 4. Flights between London-Heathrow (LHR), Seattle (SEA), Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK) will depart and arrive from Terminal 3.
- If you need to transfer between Terminals 3 and 4 at London-Heathrow, follow the airport signs to the free Heathrow Express train, which is located prior to security. Typical travel time via the Heathrow Express is 20 to 30 minutes.
- Please confirm your departure terminal before arriving for your flight via Online Check-in, Flight Status or the Fly Delta app.
- Both Delta and Virgin Atlantic customer service agents are available at London-Heathrow should you need assistance
(PVG) - Connection assistance through PVG, Shanghai-Pudong
Effective October 25, 2015, customers traveling through PVG with a same-day connection flight to China Eastern Airlines and Shanghai Airlines should look for uniformed Delta agents holding signs at the following locations for assistance:
Assistance Point #1 – Outside the jet bridge
Assistance Point #2 – After immigration
Assistance Point #3 – At baggage claim
Assistance Point #4 – In the transfer hall.
Tips for connecting in PVG:
- All Delta operated flights will arrive and depart from PVG Terminal 1.
- If you need to transfer between Terminal 2 and Terminal 1, follow the airport signs to the free Terminal shuttle bus. Shuttles depart every 10 minutes.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to extensive renovation work at the Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE), we encourage passengers to arrive 3 hours prior to their flight’s departure time and to check-in onlineopens in a new window at delta.com or via the Fly Deltaopens in a new window app prior to their flight to help reduce delays. Please note that check- in counters close promptly one hour before departure. If a flight is delayed, passengers should still check-in according to the original flight departure time.
Check- in will be located Ground Floor level at the Arrivals Area near Zone A. After check- in, you can reach the Airport security check point by following these steps:
Please follow indications given by the airport floor staff and go to the center hall and take the stairs or elevator to the Departure Level.
Look for airport signage as you might be asked to go through the North or the main security check point, as Delta customers will have a dedicated entry point along with other customers flying on U.S carriers direct to USA.
Passengers in need of wheelchair assistance will need to call an airport authority wheelchair representative using the intercom once they have arrived at VCE. Intercoms are located at 1S parking, near the mobile dock, outside the airport on the ground floor and on the 1st floor. For more information on how to request wheelchair assistance and a detailed map of all intercom locations, please visit veniceairport.itopens in a new window.
For passengers arriving at VCE, please note that the renovation work is affecting the VCE arrival area for all airlines as well. Delta Welcome Agents will be present and able to answer any questions and direct passengers to the WFS Ground Italy BSO Office for any baggage issues.
Shuttle Flights Between Boston And New York-LaGuardia
Delta Shuttle flights between New York-LaGuardia (LGA) and Boston (BOS) will operate from Terminal C at LGA and gates A7 & A8 in BOS.