Airport Advisory Information
Your time is valuable. Whether you're flying for business or going on vacation with your family, we want to help make your travel experience as stress-free as possible.
During your travels, you may run into longer than normal wait times or other airport delays. And even though these delays may be out of Delta's control, we want you to be aware so you can plan accordingly.
(LGA) TRAVEL TO/FROM NEW YORK
Due to ongoing construction efforts as part of LaGuardia Airport’s redevelopment program, we advise that passengers be aware of the following changes upon arrival:opens in a new windowopens in a new windowopens in a new windowopens in a new window
- Lots P2 and P3 are closed.
- Lots P4, P5 and new long-term lot P10, will be available for access to Terminals B, C and D.
- Roadway congestion may require more time in and out of the airport
- Public Transportation may also be affected
- Please visit www.laguardiaairport.comopens in a new window for the most up to date information and project updates.
(PHL) Travel to/from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Effective October 4, 2016, in the Philadelphia International airport, the Delta ticket counter will be relocating from Terminal E to Terminal D for both domestic and international flight departures.
(TPA) Travel to/from Tampa, Florida
The Tampa International Airport will close the blue side arrival and departure curbsides from8p.m. to 4a.m. for construction of the SkyConnect guideway. The closure is expected to last through the end of January 2017, with several peak travel periods blocked out.
During this time, all pick-ups and drop-offs will be directed to Short Term Parking. Other ground transportation options, including taxis and hotel shuttles, will not be affected.
Key Closure Details:
· The closure impacts the Blue arrival and departure areas.
· The closure will take place nightly from 8p.m. to 4a.m.
· The construction duration is from September 6, 2016 to the end of January 2017.
· Guests should park in the Short Term Parking garage and take the blue elevators to baggage claim to meet their travelers. Parking fees will be waived for drop-offs and pick-ups.
· Crews will temporarily stop work during the Thanksgiving and winter holidays, as well as the National College Football Championship in January. The construction stop is between November 18, 2016 to December 2, 2016 and December 16, 2016 to January 12, 2017.
· Drivers are asked to closely observe all posted speed limits and watch for directional signage.
For more information visit the Tampa airportopens in a new window website.
(LHR) Travel To/From London-Heathrow
Delta Flights Now Depart And Arrive At Heathrow’s T3
Effective September 14, 2016, all flights arriving at and departing from London-Heathrow will operate out of Terminal 3, our shared home with partner Virgin Atlantic.
As we settle into our new surroundings in our convenient new location, premium customers and Medallion® Members can now enjoy the following ammenities.
- Effective September 14th, 2016 Delta One™ customers may now access Virgin Atlantic’s Revivals Lounge in addition to the Clubhouse and Upper Class Wing.
- Effective September 14, 2016 Diamond & Platinum Medallion Members departing LHR are invited to access LHR’s No.1 Traveller Loungeopens in a new window, but will no longer have access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. Arriving members may now access Virgin Atlantic’s Revivals Lounge starting on September 21st, 2016.
- Gold Medallion® Members may continue to access LHR’s No.1 Traveller Lounge when departing LHR.
Please be aware that the Delta Arrivals Lounge will be shutting its doors after September 20th, 2016.
Don't waste time at border control this summer. Get through the U.K. border faster by using ePassport gates. It's as easy as 1,2,3:
For U.K., EU, EEA and Swiss passport holders aged 18+
1) Open your passport to the photo page. Don't forget to remove any covers
2) Hold the photo page face down on the reader. Keep it in position
3) Look ahead at the screen until it turns green and walk through the gate
ePassport gates are fast and easy to use. Watch Border Force's 'How to' guideopens in a new window
For the non-EEA country passport holders
1) Each family member must complete a U.K. landing card (fill this out before you arrive at border control)
2) Have your passport ready and removed from a holder or wallet
3) Remove hats and/or sunglasses
Non-EEA passport holders can enter through the U.K. border faster by applying for the Registered Traveller service. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller
These steps can cut your time down considerably. For further information on U.K. border control, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/overview
(CDG) Travel From Paris, France
For customers departing out of the Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, France, Delta will be operating from the following zones in Terminal 2E:
- Effective September 5 - October 18, 2016 customers traveling in economy / main cabin will check in at Zone 10.
- Delta One and SkyPriority customers check-in at Zone 7.
(AMS) TRAVEL THROUGH & FROM AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
(AMS) - TRAVEL THROUGH & FROM AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
Customers departing Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport (AMS) to the United States will report to a new Pre-Departure Center (PDC) for required security checks at either gate D1 or E4. Delta One™ and Business Class customers or SkyTeam Elite Plus members can expedite their security check at the KLM Crown Loungeopens in a new window.
Here are some helpful tips upon arrival:
- Please arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure. You are required to check-in at least 1 hour before your scheduled departure time and at your designated gate at least 50 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Check-in online, at the Delta counter/kiosk or through the Fly Delta App.
- The gate information displayed on your boarding pass and flight information monitors will direct your assigned security check gate at either D1 or E4.
- For customers not on a connecting itinerary, passport control will be located in a single security area located on the mezzanine level above the check-in area and the transfer points. After going through this centralized security checkpoint, you may proceed to either gate D1 or E4 as indicated on your boarding pass.
- Following the security check, you will receive a receipt indicating your flight’s departure gate and boarding time.
(ARN) Travel From Stockholm, Sweden
Please note Delta will be operating from Terminal 2 from June 14 – September 6, 2016
TRAVELING FROM BRAZIL
TRAVELING FROM BRAZIL
Per Brazilian legislation, Brazilian citizens under the age of 18 and traveling without both parents are required to present additional documentation in order to depart Brazil. This requirement also applies to minors with dual nationality or those born in Brazil and who are not Brazilian citizens
The requirements are as noted for passengers under the age of 18:
- Passengers who are traveling with only one of the parents/legal guardians must have a notarized letter with authorization from the other parent/legal guardian.
- A passenger traveling alone or accompanied by someone other than the parents/legal guardians must have a notarized letter with authorization from both parents/legal guardians.
- Judicial authorization will be required for travel of Brazilian citizens under 18 if accompanied by an adult that is not a Brazilian citizen and resides abroad, provided (i) such adult is not the parent/legal guardian of the minor or (ii) the minor, though born in Brazil, does not have Brazilian citizenship.
Authorization is not required for minors traveling with both parents or non-Brazil citizens that were not born in Brazil.
For more information regarding Brazil documentation requirements, please click on the link below or contact the consulate in the child’s country of residence.
Click Cartilha de Viagem de Menores ao Exterioropens in a new window to view a guide released by Brazilian authorities. To view a standard authorization form please click: http://www.cnj.jus.br/programas-e-acoes/viagem-ao-exterioropens in a new window
(CUN) TRAVEL FROM CANCUN, MEXICO
(CUN) - TRAVEL FROM CANCUN, MEXICO
Cancun International Airport (CUN) is currently experiencing peak-season traffic, resulting in long lines at check-in and security checkpoints. We encourage passengers to check in online at delta.com or via the Fly Delta app prior to your flight to help reduce delays. Additionally, please plan to:
- Print a boarding pass prior to arrival at the airport or be prepared to show an electronic boarding pass using your mobile phone
- Arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to departure time
- Keep the Mexican Immigration card you receive upon arrival at CUN with your passport, as you will need to present both to immigration when exiting the country
- Pay for bag fees, Preferred Seats, upgrades to Delta Comfort+™ or other travel fees online at delta.com prior to arriving at CUN.
(FCO) TRAVEL THROUGH ROME, ITALY
(FCO) - TRAVEL THROUGH ROME, ITALY
Due to renovation work in Terminal 3, passengers traveling through Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (FCO) in Rome, Italy will be re re-routed by airport authority and should allow for at least an additional 45 minutes to get in between gates between Terminal 3 and Terminal 1 and 2. Upon arrival, signage and airport authority gate agents will provide assistance to ensure that you are aware of the new routing between gates and baggage claim.
Below is the arrival process for customers flying on joint venture Alitalia/Delta or Delta/Alitalia connecting customer
1. Schengen to International
• When you arrive from an Alitalia Schengen flight in Terminal 1, proceed to gate B29-30 which is located at the far end of Terminal 1.
• Once at Terminal 1, proceed through the passport control and board the bus located at the blue lane, which will take you to Terminal 3 or G3 Gate (note: Delta and Alitalia US flights depart from G gates). Pickup times are approximately every 15 minutes but can be longer based on the level of traffic.
2. International to Schengen
• Upon approval from Delta or Alitalia US arrival flight in Terminal 3, also G Gates, take the train to the main facility of Terminal 3.
• From there, proceed through the passport control and security check point.
• Turn right to gate H10 and take the bus, which will transport you to Terminal 1 (note: Alitalia Schengen flights depart from Terminal 1).
• Pickup times are approximately every 15 minutes but can be longer based on the level of traffic.
3. International to International
• The process remains for these terminals and will proceed as normal.
(IST) Travel From Istanbul
(IST) - Travel From Istanbul
Due to increased security screening at Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST), passengers should arrive at the airport at least 3½ hours prior to the flight’s scheduled departure time and should be at the gate at least 1½ hours prior.
(JFK) CONNECTION ASSISTANCE
Effective October 25, 2015, customers traveling through PVG with a same-day connection flight to China Eastern Airlines and Shanghai Airlines should look for uniformed Delta agents holding signs at the following locations for assistance:
Assistance Point #1 – Outside the jet bridge
Assistance Point #2 – After immigration
Assistance Point #3 – At baggage claim
Assistance Point #4 – In the transfer hall.
Tips for connecting in PVG:
- All Delta operated flights will arrive and depart from PVG Terminal 1.
- If you need to transfer between Terminal 2 and Terminal 1, follow the airport signs to the free Terminal shuttle busopens in a new window. Shuttles depart every 10 minutes.
(VCE) Travel To/From Venice, Italy
We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to extensive renovation work at the Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE), we encourage passengers to arrive 3 hours prior to their flight’s departure time and to check-in onlineopens in a new window at delta.com or via the Fly Deltaopens in a new window app prior to their flight to help reduce delays. Please note that check- in counters close promptly one hour before departure. If a flight is delayed, passengers should still check-in according to the original flight departure time.
Check- in will be located Ground Floor level at the Arrivals Area near Zone A. After check- in, you can reach the Airport security check point by following these steps:
Please follow indications given by the airport floor staff and go to the center hall and take the stairs or elevator to the Departure Level.
Look for airport signage as you might be asked to go through the North or the main security check point, as Delta customers will have a dedicated entry point along with other customers flying on U.S carriers direct to USA.
Passengers in need of wheelchair assistance will need to call an airport authority wheelchair representative using the intercom once they have arrived at VCE. Intercoms are located at 1S parking, near the mobile dock, outside the airport on the ground floor and on the 1st floor. For more information on how to request wheelchair assistance and a detailed map of all intercom locations, please visit veniceairport.itopens in a new window.
For passengers arriving at VCE, please note that the renovation work is affecting the VCE arrival area for all airlines as well. Delta Welcome Agents will be present and able to answer any questions and direct passengers to the WFS Ground Italy BSO Office for any baggage issues.
(SJU) Travel From San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Delta flights have moved from Terminal D at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) to the newly renovated Terminal B.
- Please plan to use the dedicated Terminal B TSA checkpoint.
- Please confirm your departure terminal before arriving for your flight via Online Check-in, Flight Statusopens in a new window or the Fly Delta app.
- Passengers traveling with pets must check in 1 hour and 45 minutes prior to departure.
(TLV) Travel to Tel Aviv, Israel
During Wyoming’s ski season, Jackson Hole Airport (JAC) will experience a high volume of passengers traveling during December through early April. This can result in long lines at the TSA security checkpoint, so we encourage customers to arrive at least 2 hours prior to your flight’s departure.
(YYZ) Travel From Toronto, Canada
Customers who have been notified that their flight(s) will be delayed must still comply with the applicable check-in time. A delayed departure time is considered an estimated departure time.
Please be advised that the operating hours for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) are from 4:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
For more information visit: https://torontopearson.com/Departing_to_usa.aspx#