Airport Advisory Information
Your time is valuable. Whether you're flying for business or going on vacation with your family, we want to help make your travel experience as stress-free as possible.
During your travels, you may run into longer than normal wait times or other airport delays. And even though these delays may be out of Delta's control, we want you to be aware so you can plan accordingly.
TRAVELING TO/FROM CHINA
Effective November 29th, 2016, all citizens or nationals of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) who have been issued a 10-year B-1, B-2 or B1/B2 (tourist/business) visa will be required to apply for Electronic Visa Update System (EVUS) approval prior to traveling to the United States.
EVUS is a web based system that determines the eligibility of visitors with a valid 10-year visa to travel to the United States and is valid for 2 years or until the traveler’s visa or passport expires.
People’s Republic of China Nationals in possession of a valid (non-expired) 10-year B-1 or B-2 (or a combination thereof) visa will be required to also have a valid EVUS application on file with U.S. Customs and Border Protection prior to traveling to the United States. Failure to have a valid and approved application on file could lead to denied travel.
For more information on how eligible travelers can apply for EVUS, please visit http://www.cbp.gov/EVUSopens in a new window.
(EWR) TRAVEL TO/THROUGH/FROM NEWARK, NEW JERSEY
Due to ongoing repair work at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), we apologize for any inconvenience you may experience through the remainder of the year.
Please note, the Delta Sky Club® at EWR is also undergoing renovations and will offer very limited service and capacity through mid-December.
LAX Construction Advisory
Passengers traveling through LAX may experience flight delays now through June 2017 due to runway construction work by the Los Angeles World Airports organization.
(LGA) TRAVEL TO/FROM NEW YORK
Please be advised that all travelers departing from LGA during the upcoming holiday week are urged to allow extra time upon arrival, use mass transit or park at Lot P10 at a reduced rate of $18.
Due to ongoing construction efforts as part of LaGuardia Airport’s redevelopment program, we advise that passengers be aware of the following changes upon arrival:opens in a new windowopens in a new windowopens in a new windowopens in a new window
- Lots P2 and P3 are closed.
- Lots P4, P5 and new long-term lot P10, will be available for access to Terminals B, C and D.
- Roadway congestion may require more time in and out of the airport.
- Public Transportation may also be affected.
- Please visit www.laguardiaairport.comopens in a new window for the most up to date information and project updates.
TRAVELING FROM BRAZIL
TRAVELING FROM BRAZIL
Per Brazilian legislation, Brazilian citizens under the age of 18 and traveling without both parents are required to present additional documentation in order to depart Brazil. This requirement also applies to minors with dual nationality or those born in Brazil and who are not Brazilian citizens
The requirements are as noted for passengers under the age of 18:
- Passengers who are traveling with only one of the parents/legal guardians must have a notarized letter with authorization from the other parent/legal guardian.
- A passenger traveling alone or accompanied by someone other than the parents/legal guardians must have a notarized letter with authorization from both parents/legal guardians.
- Judicial authorization will be required for travel of Brazilian citizens under 18 if accompanied by an adult that is not a Brazilian citizen and resides abroad, provided (i) such adult is not the parent/legal guardian of the minor or (ii) the minor, though born in Brazil, does not have Brazilian citizenship.
Authorization is not required for minors traveling with both parents or non-Brazil citizens that were not born in Brazil.
For more information regarding Brazil documentation requirements, please click on the link below or contact the consulate in the child’s country of residence.
Click Cartilha de Viagem de Menores ao Exterioropens in a new window to view a guide released by Brazilian authorities. To view a standard authorization form please click: http://www.cnj.jus.br/programas-e-acoes/viagem-ao-exterioropens in a new window
(CDG) Travel From Paris, France
For customers departing out of the Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport, Delta will be operating from the following zones in Terminal 2E:
- Economy/Main Cabin check-in is Zone 8
- Delta One and SkyPriority customers check-in at Zone 7
(FCO) TRAVEL THROUGH ROME, ITALY
(FCO) - TRAVEL THROUGH ROME, ITALY
Due to renovation work in Terminal 3, passengers traveling through Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (FCO) in Rome, Italy, will be re re-routed by airport authority and should allow for at least an additional 45 minutes to get between Terminal 3 and Terminals 1 and 2. Upon arrival, signage and airport authority gate agents will provide assistance to ensure you are aware of the new routing between gates and baggage claim.
Below is the arrival process for customers flying on joint venture Alitalia/Delta or Delta/Alitalia connecting customer
• When you arrive from an Alitalia Schengen flight in Terminal 1, proceed to gate B29-30, which is located at the far end of Terminal 1.
• Once at Terminal 1, proceed through passport control and board the bus located at the blue lane, which will take you to Terminal 3 or G3 Gate (Note: Delta and Alitalia U.S. flights depart from G gates). Pickup times are approximately every 15 minutes, but can be longer based on the level of traffic.
• Upon approval from Delta or Alitalia U.S. arrival flight in Terminal 3, also G Gates, take the train to the main facility of Terminal 3.
• From there, proceed through the passport control and security checkpoint.
• Turn right to Gate H10 and take the bus, which will transport you to Terminal 1 (Note: Alitalia Schengen flights depart from Terminal 1).
• Pickup times are approximately every 15 minutes, but can be longer based on the level of traffic.
• The process remains for these terminals and will proceed as normal.
(IST) Travel From Istanbul
(IST) - Travel From Istanbul
Due to increased security screening at Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST), passengers should arrive at the airport at least 3½ hours prior to the flight’s scheduled departure time and should be at the gate at least 1½ hours prior.
(LHR) Travel To/From London-Heathrow
Delta Flights Now Depart And Arrive At Heathrow’s T3
Effective September 14, 2016, all flights arriving at and departing from London-Heathrow will operate out of Terminal 3, our shared home with partner Virgin Atlantic.
As we settle into our new surroundings in our convenient new location, premium customers and Medallion®Members can now enjoy the following ammenities.
- Effective September 14, 2016 Delta One™ customers may now access Virgin Atlantic’s Revivals Lounge in addition to the Clubhouse and Upper Class Wing.
- Effective September 14, 2016 Diamond & Platinum Medallion Members departing LHR are invited to access LHR’s No.1 Traveller Lounge, but will no longer have access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. Arriving members may now access Virgin Atlantic’s Revivals Lounge starting on September 21, 2016.
- Gold Medallion® Members may continue to access LHR’s No.1 Traveller Lounge when departing LHR.
Please be aware that the Delta Arrivals Lounge will be shutting its doors after September 20, 2016.
Don't waste time at border control this summer. Get through the U.K. border faster by using ePassport gates. It's as easy as 1,2,3:
For U.K., EU, EEA and Swiss passport holders aged 18+
1) Open your passport to the photo page. Don't forget to remove any covers
2) Hold the photo page face down on the reader. Keep it in position
3) Look ahead at the screen until it turns green and walk through the gate
ePassport gates are fast and easy to use. Watch Border Force's 'How to' guide
For the non-EEA country passport holders
1) Each family member must complete a U.K. landing card (fill this out before you arrive at border control)
2) Have your passport ready and removed from a holder or wallet
3) Remove hats and/or sunglasses
Non-EEA passport holders can enter through the U.K. border faster by applying for the Registered Traveller service. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller
These steps can cut your time down considerably. For further information on U.K. border control, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/overview
(PHL) Travel to/from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Effective October 4, 2016, in the Philadelphia International airport, the Delta ticket counter will be relocating from Terminal E to Terminal D for both domestic and international flight departures.
(SJU) Travel From San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Delta flights have moved from Terminal D at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) to the newly renovated Terminal B.
- Please plan to use the dedicated Terminal B TSA checkpoint.
- Please confirm your departure terminal before arriving for your flight via Online Check-in, Flight Statusopens in a new window or the Fly Delta app.
- Passengers traveling with pets must check in 1 hour and 45 minutes prior to departure.
(TPA) Travel to/from Tampa, Florida
The Tampa International Airport will close the blue side arrival and departure curbsides from 8pm to 4am for construction of the SkyConnect guideway. The closure is expected to last through the end of January 2017, with several peak travel periods blocked out.
During this time, all pick-ups and drop-offs will be directed to Short Term Parking. Other ground transportation options, including taxis and hotel shuttles, will not be affected.
Key Closure Details:
· The closure impacts the Blue arrival and departure areas.
· The closure will take place nightly from 8pm. to 4am.
· The construction duration is from September 6, 2016 through January 2017.
· Guests should park in the Short Term Parking garage and take the blue elevators to baggage claim to meet their travelers. Parking fees will be waived for drop-offs and pick-ups.
· Crews will temporarily stop work during the Thanksgiving and winter holidays, as well as the National College Football Championship in January. The construction stops are between November 18-December 2, 2016 and December 16, 2016 to January 12, 2017.
· Drivers are asked to closely observe all posted speed limits and watch for directional signage.
For more information visit the Tampa airport website.
(YYZ) Travel From Toronto, Canada
Customers who have been notified that their flight(s) will be delayed must still comply with the applicable check-in time. A delayed departure time is considered an estimated departure time.
Please be advised that the operating hours for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) are from 4am to 9pm EST.
For more information visit: https://torontopearson.com/Departing_to_usa.aspx#