Transfer Miles FAQs
Transfer Miles FAQs
How Do I Transfer Miles?
Simply complete the Transfer Miles Recipient Information to begin a transaction. When prompted, enter the SkyMiles number and name of the individual(s) to whom you wish to transfer your miles. The miles may only be donated and received by SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one mile. Miles awarded by our partner Skymilesshopping.com will not satisfy the earned mileage requirement. Miles awarded for the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express will satisfy the earned mileage requirement.
Can I Transfer Miles To As Many People As I Wish?
You can transfer your miles to a maximum of four people in a single transaction and complete as many transactions as you’d like annually.
What Information About The Recipient Do I Need To Transfer Miles?
You’ll need the recipient's SkyMiles number and name.
How Does The Recipient Receive The Transfer Miles I Just Sent To Their Account?
After entering the recipient's name and SkyMiles number, the miles will instantly be deposited into the member's account in the majority of transactions. Please allow up to 24 hours for the miles to post.
How much does it cost to transfer miles?
The rate per mile is $0.01 and the processing fee per transaction is $30.00. Applicable taxes apply.
How Many Transfer Miles May An Individual Skymiles Member Receive?
The member may receive a minimum of 1,000 and a maximum of 30,000 miles per transaction in mileage increments of 1,000.
Is There A Limit On The Number Of Miles That May Be Transferred Out Of An Account?
A maximum of 150,000 miles may be transferred out of any SkyMiles account per calendar year.
Can I Transfer Miles Without Knowing The Recipient's Skymiles Number?
What If The Recipient Has Already Reached The 300,000-Mile Per Year Maximum?
They won’t be able to receive any additional miles.
How Can My Recipient Enroll In Skymiles?
They can enroll online for free at delta.com and immediately receive a SkyMiles account number.
How Quickly Can Miles Add Up To Award Travel?
Quickly. A round-trip Award Ticket within the United States is available for as few as 25,000 miles.
Will Transfer Miles Help My Recipient Qualify For Medallion® Status?
Can I Transfer Miles If I Live In Canada?
Yes. The transaction will be subject to applicable taxes.
Is My Order Secure And Is The Personal Information I Supply Confidential?
If I Transfer Miles, Will There Be Award Tickets Available?
Not always. Award Travel availability depends on the flight, date of travel, expected demand for the flight, season, destination, and various other factors.
How Do I Transfer Miles from another Partner, Such As Membership Rewards from American Express?
The Transfer Miles program allows the transfer of miles between SkyMiles accounts. It does not enable the conversion of partner points to miles. Learn about converting partner points to miles.
All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit . Taxes and fees for award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award travel seats and complimentary upgrades are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by any companies participating in miles promotions. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. Partners, benefits, and offers subject to change. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Agreement made between Delta Air Lines, Inc.® ("Delta") and the SkyMiles Member ("Member") in connection with the Member's desire to participate in the Delta SkyMiles Transfer Miles Program. Delta, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to approve the Member's participation in the Delta SkyMiles Program.
• Pursuant to this Agreement and the transfer form for miles, the Member desires to transfer miles for posting to another Member's account, and the transferring Member acknowledges that the Member will be charged certain fees for such a transaction, as set forth herein on this website. Fees assessed for the miles transferred under the Transfer Miles Program are non-refundable.
• The transfer and use of these miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Member's Guide. Delta is solely responsible for the redemption and fulfillment of miles.
• Please allow 24 hours for the miles transferred under the Transfer Miles Program to be posted to the recipient's SkyMiles account.
• Transfer Miles may only be donated and received by SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one automatically posted mile since enrolling in the SkyMiles program. This Program may not be available in all markets or geographic areas. Each Member is limited to transferring no more than 150,000 miles from his/her account and no recipient may receive more than 300,000 transferred miles from any other SkyMiles Program account or combination of accounts in any calendar year. Any miles beyond this limit will not be transferred from member's account or posted to any recipient's account.
• The Member's acceptance of the terms of this Agreement authorizes Delta to charge the credit card that such Member provides under the Transfer Miles Program for the amount stated, based on the number of miles transferred by such Member. In the event of any mileage or financial discrepancy, the payment calculations under this Agreement shall be based upon data contained in Delta's records, and the data in Delta's records shall take precedence over the data in any other records.
• Any miles transferred through this agreement may not be conveyed to persons engaged in the sale, direct or indirect, of flight miles or arranging for the sale of such miles. Any improper usage of miles pursuant to this Agreement and the Transfer Miles Program, or any other misuse of miles, shall be grounds for immediate confiscation and forfeit of such miles, and may be grounds for the forfeiture of all miles in the Member's account and the Member's ejection from the SkyMiles Program.
• Miles can be transferred in increments of 1,000 miles, with a minimum transfer of 1,000 miles. Transferred miles are applicable for all SkyMiles Program awards. Transferred miles do not count toward Medallion® or Million Miler status.
• Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. The transfer of miles does not guarantee availability of an Award Ticket on any given flight. Award Travel is capacity controlled. Travel to prime destinations during peak periods may require more mileage to secure seats.
• You will be charged $0.01 USD per mile, plus a $30 USD processing fee per transaction or as otherwise set forth on the order form. All amounts paid by the Member for the transfer of miles pursuant to this Agreement are exclusive of any applicable taxes. A 5% GST and/or other applicable taxes apply to residents of Canada on the $30 USD processing fee. All amounts paid by the Member for the purchase of miles is pursuant to this Agreement and are in addition to the US$30.00 processing fee or as otherwise set forth on the Transfer Miles landing pages. Mileage transfers are sold in U.S. dollars.
• The Member shall comply with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations with respect to this Agreement and the purchase of miles under the Transfer Miles Program.
• By submitting the order form for miles, or by allowing the credit card number provided to be charged for the purchase of miles under the Transfer Mileage Program, the Member acknowledges and signifies his or her agreement with the terms and conditions stated.
• This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Member and Delta with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to such subject matter.
• Delta Air Lines retains the right to transfer miles back to the original account if payment is not received by the Bill To Party.
• All mileage transfer transactions are final. Once a transaction is complete the miles will not be re-deposited under any circumstance.
• Personal information provided in this application will be used by Delta Air Lines for the purpose of managing the Transfer Miles and the SkyMiles program which are necessary for your participation in this program.
SkyMiles is a registered trademark of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Delta may change the SkyMiles program rules, change or terminate program partners, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of mileage already accumulated. Delta may also modify or cancel any award, increase the mileage required for any award, modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits, add an unlimited number of blackout dates or limit the number of seats available to any or all destinations. Delta has the right to terminate the SkyMiles Program at any time. This Program may be terminated by Delta at any time, with or without notice. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit . Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.