Buy Miles FAQs
Buy Miles FAQs
Buy Miles is an online program that allows SkyMiles members to purchase miles for their own SkyMiles account. Simply complete the Buy Miles Purchase Information to begin a transaction. When prompted, enter the number of miles you would like to purchase for your SkyMiles account. Buy miles may only be received into SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one mile since enrolling in the SkyMiles program.
You can buy up to 60,000 miles per calendar year.
The rate per mile is $0.035. Applicable taxes apply.
Quickly. You can get a round-trip Award Ticket within the United States for as few as 25,000 miles.
Yes. The transaction will be subject to applicable taxes.
Not always. Award Travel availability depends on the flight, date of travel, expected demand for the flight, season, destination and various other factors.
Please allow 24 hours for the miles purchased under the Buy Miles Program to be posted to a SkyMiles account.
All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit Guide Program & Rules. Taxes and fees for award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award travel seats and complimentary upgrades are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by any companies participating in miles promotions. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. Partners, benefits, and offers subject to change. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Agreement made between Delta Air Lines, Inc.® ("Delta") and the SkyMiles Member ("Member") in connection with the Member's desire to participate in the Delta SkyMiles Buy Miles Program. Delta, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to approve the Member's participation in the Delta SkyMiles Program.
• Pursuant to this Agreement and the order form for Buy Miles, the Member desires to buy miles for posting to the purchasers account, and the purchasing Member acknowledges that they will be charged certain fees for such a transaction, as set forth herein on this website. Fees assessed for the miles purchased under the Buy Miles Program are non-refundable.
• The purchase and use of these miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Member's Guide. Delta is solely responsible for the redemption and fulfillment of miles.
• The sale, barter, gift or assignment of miles, mileage awards or other benefits, other than by Delta, is expressly prohibited.
• Please allow 24 hours for the miles purchased under the Buy Miles Program to be posted to a SkyMiles account.
• The Member's acceptance of the terms of this Agreement authorizes Delta to charge the credit card that such Member provides under the Buy Miles Program for the amount stated, based on the number of miles purchased by such Member. In the event of any mileage or financial discrepancy, the payment calculations under this Agreement shall be based upon data contained in Delta's records, and the data in Delta's records shall take precedence over the data in any other records.
• Any miles purchased through this agreement may not be conveyed to persons engaged in the sale, direct or indirect, of flight miles or arranging for the sale of such miles. Any improper usage of miles pursuant to this Agreement and the Buy Miles Program, or any other misuse of miles, shall be grounds for immediate confiscation and forfeit of such miles, and may be grounds for the forfeiture of all miles in the Member's account and the Member's ejection from the SkyMiles Program.
• If the recipient of any Miles is not a Member, the recipient must enroll in the SkyMiles Program prior to being able to receive any such Miles. Buy miles may only be received into SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one automatically posted mile since enrolling in the SkyMiles program. This Program may not be available in all markets or geographic areas. Purchaser must purchase the minimum transaction amount per transaction of 2,000 miles. Purchased Miles will not count toward qualifications for any SkyMiles Medallion or Million Miler status.
• Purchaser may not purchase more than 60,000 Miles for posting to a single Account during any one calendar year through the Gift Miles program. Purchaser may not purchase more than 60,000 Miles for posting to his or her own Account during any one calendar year.
• Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. The purchase of miles does not guarantee availability of an Award Ticket on any given flight. Award Travel is capacity controlled. Travel to prime destinations during peak periods may require more mileage to secure seats.
• All amounts paid by the Member for the purchase of miles is pursuant to this Agreement or as otherwise set forth on the Buy Miles landing pages. Mileage purchases are in U.S. dollars. All amounts paid by Purchaser for the purchase of Miles pursuant to this Agreement are exclusive of a U.S. federal excise tax (currently seven and one-half percent (7.5%) and subject to change). An additional 5% GST and/or other applicable taxes apply to purchases by Canadian residents.
• The Member shall comply with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations with respect to this Agreement and the purchase of miles under the Buy Miles Program.
• By submitting the order form for miles, or by allowing the credit card number provided to be charged for the purchase of miles under the Buy Miles Program, the Member acknowledges and signifies his or her agreement with the terms and conditions stated.
• This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Member and Delta with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to such subject matter.
• Delta Air Lines retains the right to remove purchased miles if payment is not received by the Bill To Party.
• All Buy Miles transactions are final. Once a transaction is complete the miles will not be reversed under any circumstance.
• Personal information provided in this application will be used by Delta Air Lines for the purpose of managing the Buy Miles and the SkyMiles program which are necessary for your participation in this program.
SkyMiles is a registered trademark of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Delta may change the SkyMiles program rules, change or terminate program partners, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of mileage already accumulated. Delta may also modify or cancel any award, increase the mileage required for any award, modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits, add an unlimited number of blackout dates or limit the number of seats available to any or all destinations. Delta has the right to terminate the SkyMiles Program at any time. This Program may be terminated by Delta at any time, with or without notice. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.