It's nice to treat yourself, from time to time. And Mileage Upgrade Awards allow you to do just that. Use miles to upgrade from Main Cabin to First Class or Delta One™. A few extra miles go a long way when you want the comfort and amenities of flying in front.
You can use your miles for a one-class upgrade on most Delta-operated flights. Mileage Upgrade Awards do not apply on all fares. All Awards are subject to availability, and additional taxes and fees may apply. To check prices and availability or book an upgrade, contact a SkyMiles representative or call the number on the back of your SkyMiles card. See Award Travel Rules & Conditions for details.
The following regions are eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards on select published fares and specific fare classes. Please check with a Delta reservations representative for eligible fares applicable to your itinerary. To book, contact your local office:
* For travel between Hawaii and Mexico and between Mexico and the Caribbean, two Awards are required.
** For travel on specific fare classes on Air France-operated flights, upgrades available only on transatlantic joint venture flights between U.S. and CDG with Premium Economy cabin, except for 747 aircraft equipped flights. Upgrade request must be completed 24 hours before the departure.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Upgrade Offer: Mileage Upgrade Award is valid for upgraded one-way travel on Delta Air Lines-operated flights worldwide, including connecting flights, between the origin and destination of a ticketed fare. Any stopovers are governed by the fare rule, and additional mileage will be required for broken fares. All rules of the fare purchased will apply except as changed by this offer. SkyMiles mileage credit will be based upon purchased fare class. Space is limited and subject to availability. Seats may not be available on all flights, in all markets, or for select fare classes. Mileage Upgrade Awards allow a cabin upgrade from the purchased fare.
2. Eligibility: Eligible only if flights in the reservation are not being credited to another airline’s frequent traveler program. The following unpublished fares are not eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards: Delta bulk fares, companion fares, group fares, certain pricing programs, Round the World fares, and International Bereavement Fares. Award Travel of any kind cannot be upgraded with a separate award or by paying an additional fee.
3. Not Combinable: Mileage Upgrade Awards may not be combined with any other promotional or discount offers or SkyMiles program awards. Valid only with a published qualifying fare.
4. Valid Carrier: Valid only on Delta Air Lines and certain Delta Connection® carrier-operated flights.
5. Applicable Routes: North America: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings within or between the 50 United States and Canada. International: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings worldwide. Valid only for travel on routings with a published upgradeable Main Cabin fare.
6. Applicable Fare Classes: For travel within the 50 United States and Canada, Mileage Upgrade Award may be used to upgrade only on published Main Cabin fares booked in Y, B, M, S, H, Q or K class. Mileage Upgrade Award may not be used to upgrade other published Main Cabin fares, including fares booked in L, U, T, X, V, or E class. For international travel, Mileage Upgrade Award may be used to upgrade only on published Main Cabin fares booked in Y, B or M class. Mileage Upgrade Award may not be used to upgrade other published Main Cabin fares, including fares booked in S, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V, or E class. Full Main Cabin fares must be booked in Y without a discount or ticket designator. Other eligible fares price as Select Fare. Award Tickets are not eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards.
7. Upgrade Reservations and Ticketing: Upgradeable Main Cabin ticket must be purchased according to the applicable fare rules. Upgraded reservations must be booked in "R" or "O" class on Delta. For upgrades processed prior to check-in, boarding passes will be issued at first point of check-in. For upgrades processed after check-in, boarding passes must be reissued by operating carrier.
8. Reservation Waitlist: If the Mileage Upgrade Award is not available at the time of request, a member holding a confirmed Main Cabin reservation on a flight may request to be placed on the upgrade waitlist. Waitlist must be requested in advance. Passengers on the waitlist will be accommodated according to Delta's priority rules, which Delta reserves the right to change at any time. Upgrades may be confirmed on Delta or Delta Connection carrier- operated any time up to three hours before departure, if available.
9. Airport Standby: Mileage Upgrade Awards do not carry over to the Airport Standby List.
10. Flight Irregularities: In the event of flight cancellation or itinerary change, previously confirmed upgrades are subject to cancellation.
11. SkyMiles: Mileage credited will be awarded based on the Main Cabin fare purchased.
12. Changes: Voluntary changes in reservations on ticketed itineraries are permitted only pursuant to the rules of the fare purchased, but upgrade is not guaranteed and will depend on availability and terms and conditions. Where permitted, changes may require payment of a change fee and/or any difference in the applicable fare. All reissues must be completed by Delta Reservations. If a member is re-accommodated on another carrier they will be seated in Main Cabin. Customers are required to request changes to Mileage Upgrade Awards at least 72 hours prior to original scheduled departure time of flight being changed.
13. Sale/Barter Prohibited: Mileage Upgrade Awards may not be sold or bartered. Delta reserves the right to terminate the SkyMiles account and/or deduct mileage from the account of any SkyMiles member who sells or barters Mileage Upgrade Awards, or who sells or barters mileage credit, vouchers, Award certificates or Award Tickets. Improperly obtained upgrades/tickets are VOID and will be confiscated. Members trying to use such tickets must pay the applicable fare to Delta to travel. Purchased or auctioned Mileage Upgrade Awards are subject to confiscation and travel will not be permitted.
14. Other Terms & Conditions Apply: Mileage Upgrade Awards and transportation pursuant to it are subject to all terms and conditions of Delta's contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules. The payment of taxes, surcharges and fees charged by government agencies or a non-government source is the passenger’s responsibility unless otherwise exempted. For certain destinations, additional taxes may apply for travel in Business Class. View Delta’s current contract of carriage and SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules.
15. Rule Changes: Delta reserves the right to change its contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules at any time and without notice. Without limitation, Delta reserves the right to modify or eliminate the Mileage Upgrade Awards program or change the rules for Mileage Upgrade Award usage.