When you’re a SkyMiles member, it’s good to have a handle on all the rules of the program. The more you know about SkyMiles, the more you can take advantage of all its benefits and make the most of your membership.
Here are some quick ways to access information about the SkyMiles program.
GET WITH THE PROGRAM
Always remember, all benefits that Delta offers in the SkyMiles program are conditioned upon your compliance with this Membership Guide and Program Rules, the terms and conditions described elsewhere throughout delta.com, all terms and conditions of Delta’s contract of carriage, Delta’s fare rules and all other applicable Delta rules and regulations. These rules are subject to change at any time. Unless otherwise stated, the current rules in effect at the time of your travel or request for a benefit or other transaction will govern that transaction. Delta has the sole right to interpret and apply this Membership Guide and Program Rules. Please check back frequently for program updates or rule changes.
Under the SkyMiles Mileage Expiration policy, miles do not expire. Delta reserves the right to deactivate or close an account under the following circumstances:
- Fraudulent activity occurs
- A member requests an account closure
- A member is deceased
- A member does not respond to repeated communication attempts regarding the status of his/her account
- A member resides in or relocates to a country where membership is prohibited under applicable law
- A member violates the terms of this Membership Guide and Program Rules
Delta reserves the right to audit members' accounts at any time and without notice to ensure compliance with the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules, Delta's contract of carriage, Delta's fare rules, and all other applicable Delta rules and regulations.
In the event the audit reveals discrepancies or violations, Delta may delay the processing of Award Certificates, Tickets, or other redemptions, cancel any outstanding Award Certificates, Award Tickets or other redemptions and withhold statements until the discrepancies or violations are resolved. Accounts found in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of Medallion® status and closure of the SkyMiles account. During an investigation, Delta may inhibit the SkyMiles account of a member without notice. While the account is inhibited, the member may continue to accrue miles in the account, but no mileage redemptions or other transactions will be permitted and any outstanding Award Certificates, Award Travel or other redemptions will be canceled. Canceled Award Certificates or Award Tickets must be surrendered to Delta upon Delta's request.
Delta's SkyMiles program is open to any person in any country that has not prohibited participation in frequent flyer programs.
Corporations and/or entities cannot be enrolled as members.
Members must provide their full name to participate in the SkyMiles program. Full name means the given name, middle initial or middle name, if any, and family or surname. The full name must be the same as the name on the member's passport or other valid travel document (i.e. Visa, Resident Alien Card, etc.). Members will be assigned an individual membership number upon enrollment and can print a membership card by going to My Wallet. Members can also access a digital membership card via My Wallet in the Fly Delta app.
Membership numbers are nontransferable.
Only one person may be enrolled per SkyMiles account.
Members may not maintain more than one SkyMiles account.
In the event more than one account number is assigned to the same individual, the duplicate account will be cancelled, and only the applicable mileage credit, excluding any enrollment bonus, can be transferred to the remaining account.
To enroll your child in the SkyMiles program download the registration and parent form and follow provided instructions for submission.
With your SkyMiles number and password you have access to your SkyMiles information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Without a password, certain transactions may only be done via mail or in person with your SkyMiles card and valid identification. Establishment of a password indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in this Membership Guide governing your password. A password allows you access to a variety of self-service tools and SkyMiles account information at delta.com, as well as the ability to complete transactions over the phone that could previously be handled only in writing.
Your password cannot be viewed or changed by a Delta representative. If you would like to change your password, go to Change Password. If you cannot remember your password, an email with a secure link to change your password will be sent to you. To request an e-mail with a secure link to update your password, go to Forgot Password.
You are responsible for the selection and use of your password and for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not divulge your password to anyone. If you do, you are solely responsible for any actions that person takes with your password, including, without limitation any transactions in your account, any violations of the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules, and any further disclosure of your password. Delta shall have no liability for losses resulting from unauthorized access to, or use of, your password.
The rights and obligations created by the SkyMiles program will be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia.
Each member will be responsible for letting Delta know of any name, email or address change on his or her account. Please ensure that the name in your SkyMiles account (first, middle and last) matches exactly the name on your government-issued photo ID used when you travel.
Country of residence is determined by the primary address in the member’s SkyMiles account. Delta reserves the right to audit an account at any time for address accuracy, residency requirements, request further supporting documentation and update the address for any member's SkyMiles account using the National Change of Address (NCOA) data filed by relocating postal customers, but shall have no obligation to do so. Accounts found in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of Medallion status and closure of the SkyMiles account.
For address changes, a member may update their account address information using their Delta password by visiting My Profile, editing their address and attaching any required documentation through the online form. You may also be able to update your account address by submitting the information via fax, mail, or by phone using your password. Members should include their SkyMiles number and signature on all requests and documentation.
Fax or mail supporting documents to the SkyMiles Account Support group at:
Fax: 404-715-9220 (Medallion members)
Fax: 404-773-1945 (All other SkyMiles members)
Mail: Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
Certain address changes, including those moving from a primary addresses within the United States to one outside of the United States, require the submission of additional documentation to complete and cannot be completed over the phone or online. Members will need to submit one of the following documents via mail or fax to complete the address change request, and the document must reflect the member’s name and a residential address and may not be the address of a corporation or business:
- Government issued ID with new address (Drivers License, Country/State-issued photo ID card, passport)
- Utility bill in customer’s name showing new address, dated within the past 60 days
- Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement or residential rental/lease agreement showing proof of ownership at new address, with customer’s name and signature. Lease must be dated within the past year
- Bank statement with customer’s name and address, dated within the past 60 days (may block out sensitive information)
- Payroll statement with customer’s name and address, dated within the past 60 days (may block out sensitive information)
- Postal Service change of address confirmation form
- Current automobile or life insurance bill, or homeowners or renter insurance bill (cards or policies are not accepted)
- Copy of school records/transcript from a school in which the applicant is currently enrolled, issued by an accredited school
- Postmarked mail with forwarding address label (must display the customer’s full name)
- Receipt for personal property taxes or real estate taxes paid within the last year
- Letter from member’s employer on official company letterhead, detailing member’s current address. Letter must be signed by employee’s supervisor with supervisor’s full contact information
Name change requests cannot be processed over the phone. A copy of supporting legal documentation (e.g., court order, marriage certificate, divorce certificate) must be submitted by fax/mail and will be required for any name change requests. The member's signature and SkyMiles membership number must be included in all written correspondence.
Mail: Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, mileage regulations, Award Travel, Medallion qualification requirements and levels, fees, Award prices, Pay with Miles terms and conditions, and special offers at any time without notice. This means that Delta may initiate changes, for instance, impacting partner affiliations, rules for earning mileage credit, continued availability of Awards, or blackout dates. Delta may also limit the seats available for Award Travel or Pay with Miles redemptions to any or all destinations (including, but not limited to, allocating no Award seats on certain flights). Such changes to Delta's frequent flyer program may include modifications that (i) govern mileage credits or other benefits earned on or after the date of change, (ii) change the value of already accumulated mileage credits or other benefits or (iii) govern mileage credits or other benefits earned on or after the date of change and change the value of already accumulated mileage credits. Delta reserves the right to terminate the Delta frequent flyer program with six month notice. Unless otherwise stated, the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules in effect at the time of your travel or request for a benefit will govern the transaction.
Miles are not the property of any member. Except as specifically authorized in the Membership Guide and Program Rules or otherwise in writing by an officer of Delta, miles may not be sold, attached, seized, levied upon, pledged, or transferred under any circumstances, including, without limitation, by operation of law, upon death, or in connection with any domestic relations dispute and/or legal proceeding.
Except as set forth below, the sale or barter of mileage credit, vouchers, Award Tickets, Medallion status, Pay with Miles tickets or any other benefit by SkyMiles members, or the attempt of any of the foregoing, is prohibited. Delta will terminate or deduct mileage from the account of any member who violates this rule. Award Certificates, Award Tickets, or Pay with Miles tickets obtained through prohibited sale or barter transactions are VOID, invalid for travel, and will be confiscated. Persons trying to use such tickets will not be permitted to travel unless they purchase a ticket from Delta at the applicable fare.
SkyMiles members may participate in mileage exchange transactions through the Global Points Exchange (GPX) program at points.com/tradeongpx. All GPX transactions are subject to the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Transfer Miles Program. Mileage transfer fees apply. Please visit delta.com/transfermiles to review these rules.
SkyMiles online statements are sent periodically (monthly, quarterly or based on recent activity) to members through an email reminder, regardless of activity. Members can enroll to receive their SkyMiles statement (also known as The INSIDER) by going to My Profile, entering their SkyMiles number and password, and updating their "Notification" preferences.
Online statements indicate the amount of mileage credit earned with Delta, its airline, hotel, and car rental partners, and all other partners in the SkyMiles programs, as well as mileage redemption activity. Ticket receipts and boarding passes should be retained until mileage credit appears on your SkyMiles statement.
Current balance, account activity, redemption, and program information may be obtained at My Delta or via Delta's automated telephone number, SkyMiles OneSource (1-800-323-2323), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any Touch-Tone® telephone.
Note: A password is required for account information via delta.com, Delta's automated telephone number, and for redemption and address change transactions with a Delta Reservations representative.
For worldwide reservations and information inside the U.S., the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and Canada, contact delta.com or reservations. For all other countries, contact your local ticket office or view our list of worldwide reservations numbers by country at delta.com/help.
Delta reserves the right to terminate your membership in the SkyMiles program at any time if you violate the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules, any term or condition of Delta's contract of carriage, Delta's fare rules, or any other Delta rule and regulation that apply to your travel. Termination of your membership will result in a loss of all accumulated mileage credit in your account, the cancellation of any unused Awards or Award Certificates, and the loss of all other SkyMiles benefits. Terminated members are not eligible to participate in any aspect of the SkyMiles program, including without limitation any special promotions or SkyMiles partnership offers. In lieu of termination, Delta may at its sole discretion deduct mileage from your account, but permit you to continue participating in the SkyMiles program.
Members whose accounts have been terminated for any reason may not reopen new accounts.
It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules and with the other terms and conditions that apply to your travel on Delta. If you have any question about the rules that are applicable to your situation, please check delta.com or contact a Delta representative for guidance.
Some or all parts of the SkyMiles program may not be legal in certain countries. Consequently, the SkyMiles program is void where prohibited by law.
* Phone/fax number is valid from the U.S. If you are outside the U.S., call your local Reservations Sales representative.
SkyMiles members can redeem miles for Award Travel. Award Travel is limited to two connections per origin and destination for domestic travel and three connections for international travel. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Mileage will automatically be deducted from your account when completing your mileage redemption transactions. All SkyMiles Award Travel is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract of carriage of the transporting carrier. In addition, the following terms and conditions apply to all Delta and multi-airline partner Award Travel.
Miles may be redeemed for Award Tickets in the name of passengers other than the SkyMiles member, but Award Tickets are nontransferable once issued. Members are prohibited from selling or bartering Award Tickets.
There are no blackout dates on Delta-operated flights. Blackout dates may apply on partner airline-operated flights and are defined by individual carriers.
Blackout Dates (partner airline-operated flights)
China Airlines (CI)
Jan. 1 - Jan. 4
Feb. 12 - Feb. 22
Jun. 1 - Aug. 31
Dec. 10 - Dec. 31
China Southern (CZ)
Jan. 1 - Feb. 20
Feb. 23 - Mar. 5
Apr. 13 - Apr. 28
May 15 - Oct. 28
Dec. 1 - Jan. 10, 2016
Korean Air (KE)
Jan. 1 - Jan. 4
Feb. 17 - Feb. 23
May 1 - May 5
May 22 - May 25
Jul. 23 - Aug. 23
Sep. 25 - Sep. 30
Oct. 9 - Oct. 11
Dec. 25 - Dec. 27
Jan. 1 - Jan. 3
Feb. 5 - Feb. 11
Feb. 27 - Mar. 1
May 5 - May 8
Jun. 3 - Jun. 6
Jul. 22 - Aug. 21
Sep. 13 - Sep. 19
Sep. 30 - Oct. 3
Jan. 1 - Jan. 4
Feb. 17 - Feb. 23
Jul. 17 - Aug. 23
Sep. 25 - Sep. 28
Dec. 19 - Dec. 31
Jan. 1 - Jan. 3
Feb. 5 - Feb. 10
Jul. 15 - Aug. 21
Sep. 13 - Sep. 19
Dec. 21 - Dec. 31
May 15 - Jun. 30
Dec. 10 - Dec. 25
May 13 - Jun. 30
Dec. 9 - Dec. 25
Award seats may be limited and not available on all Delta Connection flights. Pay with Miles redemptions are not capacity controlled.
Changes to origin, destination, routing, date and time are permitted provided there are no changes to the mileage required for the new itinerary. For paper tickets, once travel has commenced, only date and time changes are permitted unless changes are processed at a Delta ticketing office. Changes to outbound Award Travel must be made 72 hours prior to the departure time of the currently-ticketed outbound flight. Changes to return Award Travel must be made at least 72 hours prior to the departure time of the currently-ticketed return flight. Award Tickets booked within 72 hours of departure are nonrefundable and cannot be redeposited or changed. Taxes and fees apply for any changes. Changes to Pay with Miles tickets are determined by the fare rules of the ticket purchased.
Mileage Upgrade Awards must be surrendered or cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time for miles to be redeposited into member’s account. Upon reissue, if the Mileage Upgrade Award is not available on the desired alternative flight, the miles will be redeposited into member’s account. Redeposit fees apply. Mileage Upgrade Awards booked within 72 hours of departure are nonrefundable and cannot be redeposited or changed. Members may reissue or change a Mileage Upgrade Award prior to departure time. Taxes, fees and any additional collection is based on the rules of the purchased fare.
Award prices and Pay with Miles terms and conditions for children and infants are the same as for adults.
The booking of duplicate or conflicting reservations for Award Travel is prohibited. Delta reserves the right to cancel any duplicate or conflicting reservation without notice.
You can use your miles for a one-class upgrade on eligible fares on most Delta-operated flights. All Awards are subject to availability and additional taxes and fees may apply. Fare class restrictions vary by region. To check availability or request an upgrade, contact a Reservations specialist.
For more details about Mileage Upgrade Awards, please visit Mileage Upgrade Awards.
Tickets purchased using Miles + Cash are Award tickets and are subject to all the limitations of Award tickets, including being ineligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs), Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs). Award tickets are subject to availability and additional taxes and fees may apply. Redemption requirements for Award tickets differ based upon flight(s) sought. Miles + Cash may not be available in all markets or on all flights. For eligible routes, the advance purchase requirement is 30 days. This is subject to change at any time. All SkyMiles program rules apply.
Refunds: Mileage purchases in Miles + Cash transactions are nonrefundable. All Award ticket change fees apply. In the event of ticket changes or cancellations, miles, including miles purchased as part of a Miles + Cash transaction, will be redeposited in the member’s SkyMiles account.
Name changes are not permitted once an Award Ticket or Pay with Miles ticket has been issued.
Open jaw Award Travel is permitted for Awards booked prior to January 1, 2015. To be eligible, the mileage between the open jaw points must be less than or equal to the total mileage flown between any other trip in the itinerary (origin to destination). A double open jaw is not permitted.
For Award Travel ticketed on or after January 1, 2015, all open jaw itineraries will be priced based on One-Way Award Travel pricing rules.
Rules for Award Travel on other SkyMiles partner airlines may vary. The prices and benefits for each Award and each partner airline are subject to change at any time and are subject to the terms and conditions of each partner airline. Some airline partners impose a surcharge on Award Travel redemptions for travel on their airline. These charges, when applicable, are the responsibility of the passenger and will be collected at the time of booking.
Pay with Miles is a mileage redemption option that allows you to pay for eligible tickets with miles, money or a combination of both. This option is an exclusive benefit for SkyMiles members with a Gold, Platinum or Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. In some instances, Award Tickets may require fewer miles. Members are prohibited from selling or bartering tickets purchased with the Pay with Miles benefit. Open jaw, routing, stopover and ticket validity rules for Pay with Miles tickets are determined by the fare rules of the ticket purchased. Pay with Miles redemptions can only be made when booking a trip on delta.com. Pay with Miles redemption levels and thresholds are subject to change without notice. Visit Pay with Miles for current redemption options and complete terms and conditions.
Award Tickets and Pay with Miles tickets will not be issued for travel that U.S. carriers are prohibited from providing or facilitating under U.S. sanctions regulations or other applicable law.
The payment of any taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges is the responsibility of the passenger. Award Travel tickets do not include a $4.00 Federal Excise Tax, Passenger Facility Charge(s) of up to $4.50 for each flight segment, or the September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. Award Travel tickets to/from Hawaii/Alaska do not include U.S. International Air Transportation Tax of up to $17.40 round-trip.
Award Travel tickets for international travel, including for travel to/from PR/U.S. Virgin Islands, do not include U.S. International Air Transportation Tax of up to $35.00 and U.S. and foreign user, inspection, security or other similarly based charges, fees or taxes of up to $349, depending on itinerary. Award redemption requires payment of at least $11.20 in U.S. government taxes and fees for domestic itineraries and may include up to $600 for foreign government taxes and fees and/or carrier-imposed fees for international itineraries. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. In some instances, the government may elect to collect the fees directly from the passenger. Some airline partners charge a fee for Award Travel redemptions for travel on their airlines. These fees, when applicable, are the responsibility of the passenger and will be collected at the time of booking. Additional fees apply for some mileage transactions, for example:
- Award redemption at an airport ticket location or Delta city ticket office
- Any changes to an Award Ticket after it is issued
- Cancellation of an Award Ticket and redeposit of miles into an account
- Replacement of lost or stolen tickets
- Tickets issued by Delta Reservation Sales
Round-the-World routing must be in a continuous eastbound or westbound direction (i.e., backtracking is not permitted). Travel must terminate in the country of origin without extending beyond the point of origin. Flights operated by codeshare partners must permit local traffic between the stopover point and the destination; the most direct routing applies. Does not apply to Pay with Miles redemptions.
Round-the-World Award Tickets will not be issued on or after January 1, 2015.
Routing restrictions apply for Award Travel. Valid routings vary based on the operating carriers of the Award Ticket. Any exceptions or variations to these routings may require additional mileage for the Award.
The SkyMiles Marketplace, which offers a variety of redemption options including hotel stays, car rentals, luggage and travel accessories, is available only to Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion members, or customers that have a U.S.-based Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express.
Standby is permitted only if allowed by the carrier on which travel will occur.
For Award Travel booked prior to January 1, 2015, one stopover is allowed per roundtrip Award Ticket under certain circumstances. A stopover is defined as a stay of more than 4 hours between domestic flights and more than 24 hours between domestic and international or all international flights. The destination city is not considered a stopover. A stopover is allowed, provided there are no more than two connections between the origin and destination including any connections that are made while traveling to/from the stopover point. The stopover city must be located on a valid routing.
Stopovers will no longer be permitted for Award Travel booked on or after January 1, 2015.
Award Tickets may be issued only by Delta/Delta Connection carriers and only on Delta ticket stock. American Eagle cannot issue Award Tickets for Delta travel.
All other air travel must be ticketed separately from Award Travel. For international Award Travel, if a published routing does not exist between two cities or service is not offered via a published routing, travel must be within the maximum permitted mileage. Completely open tickets will not be issued.
Mileage Upgrade Awards must have a Main Cabin ticket issued prior to confirming an upgrade Award Seat. Upgraded tickets using a Mileage Upgrade Award must be issued by Delta.
An Award Ticket to domestic destinations, governed by domestic tariffs, requires all travel be completed within one year from the date of the original ticket issue, unless specified otherwise for a promotional Award Ticket.
For destinations governed by international tariffs, unless specified otherwise for a promotional Award Ticket, a ticket for international transportation is valid one year from date of issue of the original ticket. An unused ticket must be reissued and travel must commence within one year from date of issue of the original ticket. Once travel commences, all travel must be completed within one year from the date travel commenced.
Reissue does not extend ticket validity.
Unused Award Tickets may be surrendered to Delta at least 72 hours prior to the original flight departure time for cancellation of the ticket and redeposit of miles into the member's account. Fees apply. Miles redeemed for Award Tickets not cancelled at least 72 hours prior to original flight departure time are nonrefundable. Taxes and fees for unused Award Tickets are refundable upon request. Award Tickets booked within 72 hours of departure are nonrefundable and cannot be redeposited or changed.
Once travel has commenced on an Award Ticket, the Award is considered used. Mileage will not be credited back to the account for the unused portion of the ticket. For information, contact Delta directly by calling the number on the back of your SkyMiles membership card or 1-800-323-2323. Unused Pay with Miles tickets are subject to the Pay with Miles terms and conditions.
You can use your miles to pay the difference in a Main Cabin fare and a premium cabin fare for eligible flights within the U.S. 50.
Take advantage of Upgrade with Miles during an original booking directly through Delta and:
- Use miles to travel in Delta One™, First or Business Class
- Receive miles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) credit based on the cabin flown
For more details about Upgrade with Miles, please visit Upgrade with Miles.
Award Tickets and Pay with Miles tickets are not eligible for Mileage Upgrade Awards, Systemwide Upgrades, Global Upgrades or Regional Upgrades. Medallion Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets are limited to Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members. All Medallion members are eligible to receive Medallion Complimentary Upgrades on Pay with Miles tickets. Visit delta.com/medallion for more information.
Waitlisting is subject to the guidelines specified by the carrier on which travel will occur.
See SkyMiles Program Updates to learn more about recent changes to the SkyMiles program.
Mileage earned under the SkyMiles program will be credited to your account within eight weeks after qualifying activity occurs, unless otherwise provided in the individual partner's terms and conditions. Partner offers are subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. SkyMiles partners, offers and benefits subject to change. To ensure credit:
- For air travel: Provide your SkyMiles number at time of booking or check-in for each flight. The name on the reservation must match the name on the SkyMiles account for mileage to be credited.
- Hotel and car rental partners: Provide your SkyMiles account number and name as shown on your SkyMiles membership card at time of hotel check-in or car rental pickup. Mileage is credited only to the member whose name appears on the bill for the hotel stay or car rental.
- All other partners: Provide your SkyMiles number and name as shown on your SkyMiles membership card at the time of transaction.
- Compliance: Mileage earned is subject to compliance with all requirements of the individual partner's mileage offer, such as in some cases membership in the partner's loyalty program.
Delta is the final authority on qualification for mileage credit and reserves the right to deduct mileage from a member's account at any time if mileage was credited in error.
For travel prior to January 1, 2015, mileage earned for air travel flown while you are a SkyMiles member will be calculated as follows:
- On nonstop and direct or connecting flights with no change in flight number (whether or not the itinerary requires a change in aircraft), mileage credited will be calculated based upon the distance from origin to final destination, regardless of the number of stops or the actual distance traveled on any individual flight.
- On connecting flights that require both a change of plane and flight number, mileage credited will be calculated based upon the distance from origin to destination for each segment of the trip. However, use of connecting itineraries in lieu of nonstop and/or direct flights for the accumulation of additional mileage is not permitted. Delta reserves the right to limit mileage credit for an itinerary to the number of connecting flights actually traveled or the maximum number of segments shown in Delta's published schedule for a connection between any two cities, whichever is less.
For travel on or after January 1, 2015 (regardless of ticket purchase date), mileage earned for air travel flown while you are a SkyMiles member will be calculated as follows:
- For Delta-marketed (flight numbers that include the “DL” airline code) or Delta-ticketed (featuring a ticket number beginning with “006”) flights, SkyMiles members will earn miles based on ticket price, at the rate of 5 miles per U.S. Dollar (USD) spent, including base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges, but excluding government-imposed taxes and fees.
- Members who receive complimentary Medallion status through any other method are not eligible to receive the Medallion mileage bonus for the complimentary Medallion year. However, if a member with complimentary status meets the required MQMs or MQSs and MQDs for the same tier or a lower tier, then the Medallion mileage bonus for the earned tier is applied. For example, if a member is awarded complimentary Gold Medallion status, then earns Silver Medallion status by meeting the required MQMs or MQSs and MQDs, the Silver Medallion mileage bonus will be applied.
- For flights marketed or ticketed by Delta and purchased in a currency other than USD, the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges will be converted to USD based on the IATA 5-day currency exchange rate at the time of ticketing. Miles will be credited to your account once travel is complete.
- Miles earned per segment will be calculated based on a pro-rated amount of the total ticket price eligible for mileage accrual and will not be subject to minimum mileage accrual.
- Members will earn a maximum of 75,000 miles per person per reservation, including any Medallion mileage bonuses or class of service bonuses. Promotional mileage bonuses will not count toward the 75,000 maximum mileage accrual per reservation unless otherwise stated in the promotion’s terms and conditions.
- Flights marketed and ticketed by Delta’s partner airlines will earn miles based on distance flown* and fare class paid as published at delta.com/partnerairlines at the time of travel.
- For itineraries ticketed by Delta’s partner airlines that contain both partner-marketed segments and Delta-marketed segments, the partner-marketed segments will earn miles based on the distance flown* and fare class paid as published at delta.com/partnerairlines at the time of travel, and the Delta-marketed segments will earn miles based on the total base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges prorated as a percentage of total distance flown.
- Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to bulk, consolidator, cruise, vacation packages (including Delta Vacations® packages), inclusive tour and other opaque fare products will earn miles and MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* determined by fare class paid as published at delta.com/exceptionfares at the time of travel.
- Award, Miles + Cash, free, barter, pass travel and certain other tickets are not eligible for mileage accrual.
- Tickets purchased through Pay with Miles will earn miles for the portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges remaining that is paid in currency after miles are applied to the ticket total.
- All other ancillary purchases or fees do not count toward earning miles, including but not limited to:
- Checked baggage fees
- Delta Comfort+™ and Preferred Seats purchases with travel prior to July 21, 2015
- Priority Boarding
- Delta Sky Club memberships
- In-flight Wi-Fi passes
- In-flight food and beverage purchases
- In-flight entertainment
- Unaccompanied minor fees
- Pet travel fees
- Mileage Booster™ or mileage purchases
- Ticket change fees
- Direct Ticketing Charges (DTC)
- Same-day confirmed or standby fees
- Administrative Service Charges (ASC)
- External Reissue Charges (ERC)
*For purposes of mileage credit, “distance flown” means the calculated distance between origin and destination, as determined by Delta in its sole discretion, regardless of the actual distance traveled on any individual flight.
Upon request at the time of enrollment, mileage credit will also be awarded for travel flown up to 30 days prior to enrollment.
The amount of mileage earned when flying with Delta is subject to change. For current information on the amount of mileage earned on Delta flights, please visit delta.com/earnmiles.
The amount of mileage earned with airline partners varies from partner to partner and is subject to change. Alliance partner airline benefits are subject to change and subject to the terms and conditions of each alliance partner. For the current list of our partner airlines and the SkyTeam Global Alliance airlines, and up-to-date information on the amount of mileage earned when flying on our partner airlines, please visit delta.com/partnerairlines.
Miles earned for hotel reservations booked at delta.com will be calculated as follows:
- One mile per every $2 spent at delta.com for a completed hotel stay.
- Taxes and fees, gratuities, room service and other incidental charges are excluded from mileage credit.
If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles statement within 90 days after qualifying activity occurs, contact the hotel directly. Hotel is responsible for fulfillment of all miles.
Mileage earned for car rentals booked at delta.com will be calculated as follows:
- 1,250 miles per rental for Diamond and Platinum Medallion members.
- 1,000 miles per rental for Gold and Silver Medallion members.
- 500 miles per rental for general members.
If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles statement within 90 days after qualifying activity occurs, contact the car rental partner directly. Car rental partner is responsible for fulfillment of all miles.
Mileage will be credited only for travel flown by the SkyMiles member on scheduled service flights. Mileage is credited to the SkyMiles account of the traveler, regardless of who pays for the ticket. Mileage from one account cannot be pooled or combined with the mileage of another individual’s account. Each member must earn his/her own mileage credit.
Delta flights, airline partner flights, hotel stays, and car rentals are eligible for credit in only one mileage program per itinerary and cannot be transferred once recorded. Attempts to obtain mileage credit in the SkyMiles program as a result of travel or other qualifying activity for which the member has already received credit in any other mileage or loyalty program is prohibited.
Mileage credit will not be given for the following:
- Refunded, void or unused tickets, including unused nonrefundable tickets.
- Airline employees, travel agents, tour conductors, and/or other persons traveling on a nonrevenue basis or travel industry/cargo customer discount fares.
- Infants (under age two) traveling without paying an applicable fare. Mileage will be credited to the accounts of infants traveling on a ticket purchased at the applicable fare.
- Free tickets of any kind, including without limitation SkyMiles Award Tickets.
- Tickets purchased to carry excess baggage such as musical instruments and pets or to provide extra space for the primary passenger.
- Charter flights.
- Tickets issued at fares subject to rules that exclude the earning of mileage credit for the fare. Fares excluded from earning mileage credit frequently change, particularly on partner airlines. You should always check with Delta, the issuing carrier or your travel agent at the time of booking to ensure that the fare you are purchasing qualifies for mileage credit.
- Bookings made through some Internet sites as described at those sites, including without limitation tickets purchased through priceline.com and Hotwire.com.
- For flights flown prior to January 1, 2015, Main Cabin tickets purchased with full or partial Pay with Miles redemptions.
- For flights flown on or after January 1, 2015, the portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges purchased with Pay with Miles redemptions.
- Travel which U.S. carriers are prohibited from providing or facilitating under U.S. sanctions regulations or other applicable law.
Additional mileage credit restrictions may apply to travel on our partner airlines. For current information on these restrictions, please visit delta.com/partnerairlines.
Most miles earned through non-airline partner offers are bonus miles. Bonus miles do not count towards Medallion status or Million Miler status. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by any companies participating in miles promotions.
Exception fares sometimes referred to as “specialty” or “unpublished” fares including, but not limited to bulk, consolidator, vacation or tour package fare products earn miles based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid as published at delta.com/exceptionfares at the time of travel. Please check with your travel agent or delta.com/exceptionfares for details.
You are responsible for verifying that mileage, MQMs, MQSs and MQDs for qualifying activity are credited to your account. All account discrepancies must be reported in writing within nine months of date of activity. Delta is not responsible for the delivery of incoming correspondence. Verbal notification is not accepted. You should maintain copies of tickets/ticket receipts and boarding pass(es) for your records until proper credit appears in your SkyMiles statement.
If mileage credit for a qualifying Delta or Delta Connection® flight or qualifying partner activity is not recorded on your statement within 90 days (30 days for Delta/Delta Connection), please follow these procedures:
For Delta and Delta Connection you can request mileage credit online. For our airline partners, send a copy of your airline ticket/ticket receipt and boarding pass(es) to:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.,
SkyMiles Account Support
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
or fax: 404-773-1945
If you are outside of the U.S., you may send the documents to your nearest international office.
Altered or illegible documents will not be accepted. Alteration of documents or other attempts to obtain mileage credit to which the member is not entitled are prohibited.
For car, hotel, and miscellaneous partner activity: If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles statement within 90 days after qualifying activity occurs, contact the partner directly.
Mileage earned is subject to compliance with all requirements of the individual partner’s mileage offer, such as membership in the partner’s loyalty program in some cases.
© 2015 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
® Registered Trademark, Marca Registrada, Marque Déposée. Trademarks registered or registrations applied for in countries of the world by Delta Corporate Identity, Inc.
Last updated 7/14/15