Diamond and Platinum Medallion members are eligible to select Systemwide Upgrade Certificates as their Choice Benefits selection.
(1) Not valid on AF operated 747 aircraft flights; only valid on flights with the Premium Economy Cabin.
Terms & Conditions
1. Upgrade Offer: This certificate is valid for upgraded one-way travel on all Delta Air Lines operated flights worldwide, including connecting flights, between the origin and destination of a ticketed fare for the named Medallion member or a travel companion pursuant to the terms and conditions of this offer. Only one companion per Medallion member may be upgraded on each flight segment. Any stopovers are governed by the fare rule, and an additional certificate will be required for broken fares. All rules of the fare purchased will apply except as changed by this offer. SkyMiles mileage credit based upon purchased fare class. Space is limited and subject to availability. Seats may not be available on all flights or in all markets.
2. Expiration Date: Certificate expires twelve months from date of issue. Certificate may not be extended, reissued or returned for credit under any circumstances.
3. Refunds & Cash Value: This certificate is nonrefundable and has no cash value. Certificate will be deemed fully used upon surrender and will not be honored retroactively or in connection with the exchange of any wholly or partially unused ticket. Ticket refunds are permitted only pursuant to the rules of the fare purchased. Any full or partial refund of the underlying coach-fare ticket after upgrade will render this certificate void.
4. Not Combinable: This certificate may not be combined with any other promotional or discount offers or SkyMiles program awards. Valid only with a published qualifying fare.
5. Valid Carrier: Valid only on Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, and certain Delta Connection carrier operated flights. If a non-permitted carrier accepts this certificate, such carrier agrees to pay Delta, within 45 days of certificate acceptance, the sum of $1000USD per certificate accepted, and Delta shall not be liable to such carrier for any reason whatsoever.
6. Applicable Routes: North America: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings within or between the 50 United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Bermuda and Mexico. International: Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings worldwide. Valid only for travel on routings with a published upgradeable coach class fare. For travel on KLM: Valid for use on one-way travel system wide. For travel on Air France: Valid on one way travel between US and Paris (CDG) operated by Air France equipped with Premium Voyageur cabin. Air France flights operated by 747 equipment are not applicable.
7. Applicable Fare Classes: For travel within North America, certificate may be used to upgrade only on published coach fares booked in Y, B, M, S, H, Q or K class. Certificate may not be used to upgrade other published coach fares, including fares booked in L, U, T, X, V, or E class. For international travel, certificate may be used to upgrade only on published coach fares booked in Y, B or M class. Certificate may not be used to upgrade other published coach fares, including fares booked in S, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V, or E class. For travel on KLM this certificate may be used to upgrade only on published fares in Y, B, M or U class. For travel on AF, this certificate may be used to upgrade to Premium Voyageur cabin only on coach fares booked in Y, B, or M class. Upgrade to business class cabin on Premium Voyageur fares booked in W, or S.
8. Upgrade Reservations and Ticketing: Upgradeable coach class ticket must be purchased according to the applicable fare rules. After booking coach class tickets eligible for upgrade, the Medallion member whose name appears on the certificate must contact Delta to book the upgrade reservation for the member and, if applicable, his or her travel companion. Upgrade reservations must be booked in "R" or "O" class on DL, reservations must be booked in "O" or "Z" on KL and reservations on AF Premium Voyageur must be booked in "W" or "S". Seats are subject to limited availability and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Once confirmed, boarding pass can only be issued by the operating carrier on day of departure. Tickets must be validated for travel on Delta. Travel on carriers other than Delta, when permitted, must be ticketed separately. Upgrade reservations on Air France or KLM operated flights must be booked by Delta a minimum of one day before the departure.
9. Reservation Waitlist: If the upgrade is not available at the time of request, a Medallion member and/or travel companion holding confirmed Economy Class reservations on a flight may request to be placed on the upgrade waitlist. Passengers on waitlist will be accommodated according to Delta's priority rules, which Delta reserves the right to change at any time. Waitlist is not available on Air France or KLM operated flights.
10. Airport Standby: If an upgrade for the Medallion member and companion (if applicable) is not confirmed from the reservation waitlist at least three hours prior to departure, then the Medallion member and companion may request to be placed on the Airport Standby List, provided that request is made no less than 60 minutes prior to flight departure. Passengers on the Airport Standby List will be accommodated according to Delta's priority rules, which Delta reserves the right to change at any time. Airport standby is not available on Air France or KLM operated flights.
11. Flight Irregularities: In the event of flight cancellation or itinerary change, previously confirmed upgrades are subject to cancellation
12. SkyMiles: Mileage accrued based on fare purchased.
13. Transferability: Certificate may be used only to upgrade tickets for travel by the Medallion member or one companion in the same reservation and confirmed in the same cabin as that member. Each person in the reservation requires a certificate for a one-way upgrade. Certificate may not be transferred for cash or any other consideration.
14. Changes: Voluntary changes in reservations on ticketed itineraries are permitted only pursuant to the rules of the fare purchased, but upgrade is not guaranteed and will depend on availability and these terms and conditions. Where permitted, changes may require payment of a change fee and/or any difference in the applicable fare. Any refund or cancellation will result in the loss of the upgrade certificate. All reissues must be completed by Delta reservations. If you are re-accommodated on another carrier you will be seated in coach class.
15. Travel Companion Changes: Companions no longer traveling with the Medallion member after changing their itinerary are no longer eligible for upgrade pursuant to this certificate. The travel companion's reservation will be changed to reflect original Economy Class of service for the new itinerary.
16. Sale/Barter Prohibited: This certificate may not be sold or bartered. Delta reserves the right to terminate the SkyMiles account and/or deduct mileage from the account of any SkyMiles member who sells or barters this certificate, or who sells or barters mileage credit, vouchers, award certificates or award tickets. Improperly obtained certificates/tickets are VOID and will be confiscated. Persons trying to use such tickets must pay the applicable fare to Delta to travel. Purchased or auctioned certificates are subject to confiscation and travel will not be permitted.
17. Other Terms & Conditions Apply: This certificate and transportation pursuant to it are subject to all terms and conditions of Delta's contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules. Any tax liability or government-imposed fees are the responsibility of the user. For certain destinations, additional taxes may apply for travel in business class. Copies of Delta's current contract of carriage and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules are available at delta.com.
18. Rule Changes: Delta reserves the right to change its contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules at any time and without notice. Without limitation, Delta reserves the right to modify or eliminate the Systemwide Upgrade Certificate program or change the rules for certificate usage. This certificate is the property of Delta Air Lines and must be surrendered or returned upon request.
19. No Replacement: Lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed certificates are void and will not be replaced.