Intercity Train Service between Schiphol Amsterdam Airport and Belgium
Intercity train service may be booked between:
- Amsterdam airport (AMS) and Antwerp (ZWE)
- Amsterdam airport (AMS) and Brussels midi (ZYR)
These trains can be booked under 9B prefix flight numbers. The KL-9B routing has been added to the KL ‘Carrier Preferred Display’ in Amadeus and to all fares to/from BRU/ZWE and ZYR.
Please note: BRU/ZWE and ZYR are considered part of the Brussels metropolitan area (see DAC/BRU) and availability displays requested to/from BRU/ZWE/ZYR might automatically also display connections to/from all of these points.
- Ticketing on 9B prefixed flight numbers is only permitted on 074-ticket stock (GDS & direct sales) for travel to/from Belgium and any KL/DL/KQ destination via AMS.
Please note: This restriction does not apply to the Thalys trains.
- No YR surcharge is applicable on the train-operated segments.
- E-tickets must be exchanged for train tickets at the international desks of the railway stations at AMS/ZWE/ZYR. For departures from Belgium, this is possible from one day prior to scheduled travel. The exchange is only possible upon presentation of a valid trip summary receipt. Exchange at other railway stations is not possible.
- No train tickets are required for infants.
- Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) is not permitted.
- Customers ticketed on KLM World Business Class (WBC) or Delta BusinessElite /Europe Select (J,C,I,Z) and Delta BusinessElite (J,C,D,S,I) will be provided with train tickets in First Class as long as the connecting booking class is clearly visible on the TSR.
- Baggage will only be checked to/from Amsterdam (AMS). Normal check-in deadlines at AMS apply.
- Coupons of the e-ticket must be used in sequence issued.
- Refunds, when permitted by the fare rules, are only possible if the e-ticket has not been exchanged for a train ticket.
- Groups may be requested on the 9B prefixed flight numbers only after all names are inserted in the PNR.
Service between Schiphol and Antwerp-Central Station (ZWE) is carried out by Thalys high speed trains and marketed under KL* numbers (KLM codeshare):
*KL2665 J9 C9 I9 Z9/AMS ZWE 0942 1126 E0/TM
Thalys high speed trains to ZWE cannot provide certain special services, therefore, the following special service requests must be *denied*:
- Odd-size baggage (bike, surfboards, etc.) that will not fit in the train baggage bin.
- Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR)
- Wheelchair Service (WCHS/WCHC)
Please note: passenger needs to carry their own luggage to/from the trains.
Acceptance of Ticket
Customers need to contact the Dutch or Belgium railway counter and present their e-ticket trip summary and receipt on the day of departure in order to obtain a rail ticket for the Thalys train they have booked.
- The e-ticket does not have to be a KL (074) document.
- Booking classes J,C,D,Z will be First Class train tickets. Other booking classes will be Second Class train tickets. If Second Class is full, the passenger will get an involuntary upgrade to First Class. If Second and First Classes are full, the passengers may choose the next Thalys train or the first available Benelux train in First Class.
- The minimum connecting time at Schiphol (AMS) from the Thalys train to all flights is 75 minutes.
- Passengers will not accrue Flying Blue Miles for Thalys train travel.