A nonrefundable $25.00 Direct Ticketing Charge (DTC) applies to all original ticketing transactions purchased in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands regardless of destination. All fees are in U.S. dollars (USD) and for point of sale in the U. S. or Canada for origination of travel in the U. S. or Canada.
The $25.00 Direct Ticketing Charge applies to:
- All original Revenue and Award ticket transactions purchased in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands regardless of destination
- Each passenger in the passenger name record (PNR) for general and Silver Medallion members.
- Tickets purchased using an electronic miscellaneous document. For example, a Delta Travel Voucher (DTV), Miscellaneous Charge Order (eMCO), electronic Denied Boarding Credits (eDBC), Transportation Credit Vouchers (eTCV) or certificates except for those listed below.
- Delta marketed / other airline operated SkyTeam and codeshare tickets
- Tickets issued by Delta on other airline space
- International bereavement fares
- Revenue tickets upgraded using SkyMiles
A $25.00 Direct Ticketing Charge will apply to:
- SkyMiles Award Tickets (waived for Gold, Platinum and Diamond Medallion members)
- The nonrefundable Direct Ticketing Charge is collected in addition to other taxes and fees.
- Customers who purchase tickets on delta.com will not be charged a fee.
The following are exempt from the above fees:
- Ticket reissues or wholly unused ticket exchanges
- Irregular operations
- Prepaid tickets
- SkyWish tickets
- Tickets purchased on delta.com
- Service recovery documents being exchanged for a ticket:
- Paper Denied Boarding Credit (DBC)
- Paper Transportation Credit Voucher (TCV)
- Paper Hotel Voucher (TCH)
- Tickets purchased using a gift certificate
- Tickets issued for the Delta Shuttle at the Shuttle kiosk
- Government fares (passenger type code GVT or CTZ)
- State Government Fares (passenger type code GST)
- Military Fares (passenger type code MIL)
- Domestic BRV type fare basis codes for domestic bereavement fare type
- Domestic MED fare basis codes for domestic medical emergency fare type
- SkyMiles Companion Promotion voluntary redemptions through Res (regardless if delta.com failure or not)
- Revenue ticketing for Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members
- SkyMiles award ticketing for Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members
The DTC is nonrefundable and nontaxable.