Due to the situation in Tunisia, Air France has implemented specific commercial instructions. Ticketed passengers with flights to/from Tunisia from Thursday, February 7, 2013 through Sunday, February 10, 2013, may rebook their flights without charge regardless of the fare purchased.
Voluntary Changes (Flights scheduled to operate):
- Rebooking in the ticketed booking class on AF/KL only, is permitted for departures no later than Friday, February 15, 2013. If the original booking class is not available, book the next higher class and collect the applicable fare difference.
- Tickets must be reissued by February 15, 2013.
- If the ticketed flight is operating, refund according to fare rules. If the ticket is non-refundable, issue a non-refundable EMD/MPD for the full value of the unused flight coupons, valid for one year on Air France or KLM.
- Customers who wish to change their point of origin or destination may use the full value of the unused flight coupons towards the purchase of a new ticket to/from any origin/destination at any AF/KL fare, waiving any penalties and collecting any fare difference or refunding any difference with a non-refundable EMD/MPD for future travel. Tickets must be reissued by February 15, 2013.
Involuntary Changes (Flight cancelled or delayed for more than 5 hours for long-haul flights, 3 hours or more for short and medium-haul flights):
Apply the generic “Commercial Instructions – Level 1” found on www.afkl.biz as shown below.
Travel agents may visit afkl.biz for complete details and any applicable rebooking instructions should flight irregularities occur.
To find current flight changes and rebooking instructions on www.afkl.biz, please follow these steps: From the top of the Home Page:
- Select the drop-down menu “NEWS & PROMOTIONS – AF-Schedule Changes – Daily Report/Flash” which will indicate current flight changes.
- Select “Instructions” from the menu in the left margin
- Click the link for the instructions at the top of the instructions page for specific procedures on rebooking affected passengers.
For additional assistance in rebooking, travel agents may call Air France’s dedicated travel agency number at 1-800-446-9708 (1 800 363 5505 in Canada).
Air France encourages all customers to check flight and gate status prior to leaving for the airport. For complete travel information, visit www.airfrance.com.