International Requirements - UPS
- 1.UPS Paperless® Invoice is required for all International destinations except Puerto Rico and must include the following:
- Exporter/importer information including contact name & phone #.
- HTS Code or clear description of each commodity (Type of item, what it is made of, what it is used for).
- Value of the goods
- Country of Origin
- Additional comments and qualifiers where applicable are also very helpful to Brokerage and Customs to assist in the clearance process: A few examples are: “Samples for evaluation”, “Not for resale” and “Items to be repaired and returned”.
- UPS Paperless® Invoice is the preferred option for providing commercial invoices to UPS electronically for supported International Destinations.
- For International destinations not supported by Paperless Invoice, please affix 3 paper copies of the commercial invoice on the package or on the lead package of a multi-piece shipment.
- In addition, some shipments may require additional documentation:
- U.S. Shipper’s Export Declaration (S.E.D.), now officially called “Electronic Export Information (EEI)”, required by the federal government if the value of any commodity in the shipment exceeds $2,500 USD or when an export license or license exception is required
- Certificate of Origin, which states where the exported goods were manufactured