FedEx Freight Claims Steps
Step 1: Start a claim online
- Start your claim for U.S. domestic shipments and international shipments that originated from the U.S.
- Enter tracking number
- Specify your claim type: damaged shipment, lost shipment, or missing contents
- Complete the online claim form
- Add your supporting documentation now or later
Step 2: Add supporting documents (not required for claim values of less than $100)
- Drag and drop supporting documents from your desktop to your online claim. (You may also mail or fax documentation to FedEx Cargo)
- Documentation should include:
- Scan of FedEx® US Airbill,
- FedEx Ship Manager® printout, and/or FedEx Ground Pickup Record.
- Photos of package and damaged contents (if appropriate).
- Keep all original packaging, including cartons and contents, until the claim resolution process is finished.
- Serial number(s) of damaged or lost merchandise.
- Proof-of-value documentation: copy of original invoice from vendor/supplier (copy of retail invoice/receipt)
- Final confirmation screen (if it’s an online order) with proof of payment,
- Itemized repair invoice or statement of non-repair, appraisal(s), expense statement,
- Any other applicable documentation.
Step 3: Submit your claim
Review the information you have entered, submit the claim form, and print your case number page for your records