Delta Pilot Basics
We are proudly recruiting pilots for first officer positions. As a new Delta
first officer, you have an opportunity to initially be assigned to a MD88/90,
a 737NG, or even a 757/767 aircraft type among our fleet of more than 700 aircraft.
To qualify for employment as a pilot with Delta you must meet all of the following
- At least 21 years of age
- Graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university
accredited by a recognized accrediting organization
- Degrees obtained from a non-U.S. institution must be evaluated
for equivalency to U.S. degrees by a member organization
of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
- Postgraduate education will be given favorable consideration.
- Current passport or other travel documents enabling the bearer
to freely exit and re-enter the U.S. (multiple reentry status) and
be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (possess proper working
- FAA commercial fixed-wing pilot license with an instrument
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Passing score on FAA ATP written exam preferred
Flight Time Requirements
- Minimum of 1,200 hours of total documented flight time
- Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turboprop or turbofan time
When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications,
consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity,
recency, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft
flown; types of flight operations;
and hours flown as PIC in turbine powered aircraft. Applicants invited
must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.
- FCC Radiotelephone Operator's Permit (RP)
- DOT required pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered
- TSA required fingerprint based Criminal History
Records Check and a Delta background check
Applications for employment as a Delta pilot must be submitted through AirlineApps.com.
Applications for Delta pilot positions may be submitted free of charge,
though a fee
may be charged if you wish to join AirlineApps as a member for
If you're already a member of the AirlineApps system, sign
and add Delta
to your target listing.
New users can create an account to begin the application process.